• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

If you're coming to Guam Let me know!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 maninthesea

maninthesea

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Cert Level:Trimix and Rebreather also Padi Inst and TDI Inst Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Quit that long ago-Nothing left to prove

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:47 AM

Hello to all out there from the land of cold murky water. If you are considering coming to Guam give me a post. I can give you advise on diving & other entertainment here. I dont have a photo handy but you may have seen me on the may 4 episode of Deep Sea Detectives. I personaly am into Deep and Wreck diveing but I have been in the area long enough to have a bit of knowlage on most dive related stuff in Guam and Micronesia.

Cheers
Jim Pinson maninthesea@hotmail.com
Tip of the day- Never suck on a loaded gun!

#2 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:12 AM

:diver: and :wavey: to the board Jim. I'm in the planing phase of a trip to Micronesia for Feb-Mar of next year. Plan to do Palau, Yap, Truk and Kosrae. This may change but that is what I'm looking at. I would be passing thru Guam and may do a day or two there as well. Any info you have would be great. I heard Yap got hit pretty hard by a storm recently what do you know about that?

- Chuck

Edited by chinacat46, 22 May 2004 - 06:13 AM.

#3 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:15 AM

:wavey: Hi Jim! Welcome to SD.com! This is a nice place to visit, you should like it. I missed Deep Sea Detectives, so post your photo anyway when you get a chance :diver:

Cheers!

Jennifer

#4 maninthesea

maninthesea

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Cert Level:Trimix and Rebreather also Padi Inst and TDI Inst Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Quit that long ago-Nothing left to prove

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:38 AM

Chuck
Your in for a diving treat with the trip you have planned. Each of the islands you listed have some kewl unique diveing. If you want any recomedations of operators let me know. Yap did get hit hard with a couple of storms in the last 6 months or so. However you would be surprised at the ability of the people and ecosystem to pick up the pieces and rebuild quickly. On the other hand it sounds like you are spending some time in the area and although manta's are pretty much guarenteed in Yap I would forego Yap in favor of Phonepie It has killer diveing and the Nan Midal ruins are pretty kewl. If you do stop off in Guam let me know. If I'm not busy I may go on a dive with you. I have a "secret macro photography spot if you are into that kind of thing. If I am busy I can line you up with the shop I used to work at and they will take care of you.

Jennifer.
I would post a photo but basicly I dont think I am smart enough! I have about half a dozen dive computers and know every feature of each however my PDA and my laptop kick my butt on a regular basis. But then again I cant play with them where I am in my element.
Cheers
Jim Pinson
PS is it rude to answer two people in one post?
Tip of the day- Never suck on a loaded gun!

#5 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:02 AM

Hi Jim,

:wavey: I understand your technology focus... it makes sense! If you want help with the photos a Moderator will help you if you email the photos to them... the trick is getting them the correct size.

And no, I dont think it is rude to answer 2 people in one post :D !

It would be fun for us to have you tell us about the diving where you are :cool1: ... what do you see, what are the sites like, etc. Please do when you have the time!

ciao,

Jennifer

#6 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 May 2004 - 08:13 AM

:cool1: Jim! Welcome to sd.com! I took the liberty of moving your post to the welcome section so that we all could have the opportunity to say "Hi" to you properly! Hope you stick around, post often & come on a trip or two so we can meet you! If you have problems posting your pictures, shoot Zendiver, Walter, or Bubble2bubble a PM- they are the best at helping people to upload avatars & such... :wavey:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#7 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:35 AM

Thanx for the info Jim and no it's not rude at all to answer two people in one post now 3 might be(just kidding). I've considered Pohnpei(American spelling) as well and will have to look into it further. I've also heard good things about Rota and Saipan but alas money and time have to be considered as well. Diving in Guam is also something I'd like to do since I have to pass thru it coming and going. I'll pick your brain some more as I plan to discuss things with some travel agencies over the next couple of weeks and get prices and places more finalized. Any operators you could recommend to use or even stay away from would be useful info.

Thnx again,
Chuck :wavey:

#8 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 23 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

:wavey: to the Group Jim!

WG

#9 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

welcome to the board, jim!

#10 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

Howdy Jim! :hiya:

:-D Welcome to the fun bunch!

don
:cool1:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#11 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 23 May 2004 - 04:56 PM

welcome jim!
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#12 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:26 PM

Welcome Jim! Thanks for broadening our horizons.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#13 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:06 PM

Welcome to SD, Jim. You live in a great place for diving...lived there myself 10 years ago. Enjoy the board and your great diving location!

Ali
"

#14 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:59 AM

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the most fun you can have talking about diving! Keep those posts coming, we're looking forward to getting to know you.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#15 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:56 AM

:o Jim...glad you stopped by and hope that you will call this home. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are ready and willing to help in anyway, all you have to is ask.

Don't forget to take a look at our website at SingleDivers.com. We are constantly upgrading and would love to see you on one of our upcoming trips.

Again, welcome to our little place on the net where having fun is what it is all about.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users