• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

All the scoop from the 2-22-06 NOVA HH

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Drgnfiend

Drgnfiend

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:36 AM

Good seeing everyone last night!

#2 Tom

Tom

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced / Stress and Rescue

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:52 AM

Yes
I was glad to meet many of you..

#3 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:41 AM

I would just like to say -- we filled the bar with divers! OMG!! What a concept! For instance, a new diver would walk in and ask where the divers are -- and I just said -- look around -- everybody here is a diver! :lmao:

So, the official count we have on our signup sheet was 21 people at Clare and Don's yesterday -- we might have missed a few. BUT, it was a really great time. :P

Thank you everybody for coming! It was awesome meeting you all -- and I was very happy that my car and I made it there in one peice!

For those that came to the HH -- make sure to post on here to get entered for the watch drawing!

Also, If you haven't yet RSVP'd for the ski trip next weekend make sure to let me know asap! We only have a few slots left!

p.s. And, again.. I forgot my camera -- anyone want to sign up for the DC photographer... :flirt:
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#4 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

It was great seeing all of you again...I forgot my camera this time too...Mike had a camera but didn't take any pics because I didn't tell him to...MEN!!!!

Hope to see a bunch of you at the ski trip. Joe, you better come with us!!!!
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#5 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

Maria -- right on. Joe -- seriously, who needs a national fencing competition!! Come Skiing/Snowboarding with all the girls!!

umm.. and umm.. about those lessons.. :flirt:
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hmmm....I want more details...I know they say that men never kiss and tell but this is ridiculous!!! :lmao:

And if anyone posts in this thread that they went...and of course they did go...you'll be automatically entered into our quarterly Happy Hour giveaway for a watch, scuba gear or something else REALLY cool!

Now someone tell me how it REALLY went last night!!! :flirt:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

I would just like to say -- we filled the bar with divers! OMG!! What a concept! For instance, a new diver would walk in and ask where the divers are -- and I just said -- look around -- everybody here is a diver! :twist:

So, the official count we have on our signup sheet was 21 people at Clare and Don's yesterday -- we might have missed a few. BUT, it was a really great time. :dance:

Thank you everybody for coming! It was awesome meeting you all -- and I was very happy that my car and I made it there in one peice!

For those that came to the HH -- make sure to post on here to get entered for the watch drawing!

Also, If you haven't yet RSVP'd for the ski trip next weekend make sure to let me know asap! We only have a few slots left!

p.s. And, again.. I forgot my camera -- anyone want to sign up for the DC photographer... :diver:

It was nice to meet everybody again and a couple of new divers. :cool1: I had a great time.

#8 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:18 AM

Have I said that I LOVE Clare & Don's? ;-)

It's so cool to get more people out every week!

#9 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

Such beer... I mean peer pressure to go skiing! But, see... you guys won't be coming out to :wavey: me on. :-D

Claire and Don's is a fun place, with a nice convenient free parking garage right across the street... Yes, I will have you all convinced to park there after about 10 more HH's there! We can then get a shuttle service to bring us across the street. :lmao:
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#10 JeepDiver

JeepDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:OWII & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:~150

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

It was great meeting everyone (or seeing the people from last month again). I agree Claire and Don's is a great place. It has a tropical beach shack feel, and is in a great location.

Looking forward to the ski trip next weekend
David

#11 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:30 PM

Such beer... I mean peer pressure to go skiing! But, see... you guys won't be coming out to :wavey: me on. :-D

I guess fencing is not as exciting as running...Doris mentioned she'd be interested in joining my running club...oh, wait! She may have other "motives"...LOL!!!!
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#12 cybrsufr

cybrsufr

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver (Night ,Navigation, Wreck, and Deep Diving), Nitrox

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:08 PM

I would just like to say -- we filled the bar with divers! OMG!! What a concept! For instance, a new diver would walk in and ask where the divers are -- and I just said -- look around -- everybody here is a diver! :cool1:

So, the official count we have on our signup sheet was 21 people at Clare and Don's yesterday -- we might have missed a few. BUT, it was a really great time. :dance:

p.s. And, again.. I forgot my camera -- anyone want to sign up for the DC photographer... :lmao:

I can bring my camera to the HH. I actually had it back at the condo in Crystal City, but did not even think to bring it to the shack. You want digital stills or video? Guess we should stick with the stills because the video may give away how many beers/drinks we have had :P

Edited by cybrsufr, 23 February 2006 - 02:08 PM.

Michael
AKA: CyBrSuFr

Posted Image

"Those who dare to venture experience the greatest rewards"

#13 cybrsufr

cybrsufr

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver (Night ,Navigation, Wreck, and Deep Diving), Nitrox

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:16 PM

I will have to say that the HH was great. This was the very first HH that I have went to and there were a lot of people. As vanessa said above, we basically just took over the entire bar area with SRO. I was glad to meet the people I have seen on the boards here and Vanessa has been trying to get me out to one of the SD events since last summer. I had to bag on all of the MHC trips due to other commitments and such but I will now be a regular at the HH. It was gonna be hard for me to even make it to the HH's but my new jobs HQ is in Crystal City and he tole me that I needed to come up at leat for 2 days a month, so I said great, the third tuesday and Wednesday of the month will work. :P I am now looking forward to the Ski Trip. I was think since the wetsuit keeps us warm in the water do you think it would double for a ski suit :cool1: , What about doing some snow diving :lmao:
Michael
AKA: CyBrSuFr

Posted Image

"Those who dare to venture experience the greatest rewards"

#14 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

I guess fencing is not as exciting as running...Doris mentioned she'd be interested in joining my running club...oh, wait! She may have other "motives"...LOL!!!!

Hey Maria, don't tell this on the board :lmao: You know Kamala wants to know details when she reads this .... LOL ... :P

#15 skubadu

skubadu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+1500 aquarium dives

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hey It was great to see so many divers in one place that was not a diving destination. I guess we now have to correct that last part.

See you all soon

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users