• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Did your SO/spouse teach you how to love?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

It is true, love covers a mulitude of sins. One tends to place the person they love in a higher class, or league. She did not love me in spite of my faults. She loved me because of my faults. And that was something I could not do until she showed me how. In this case, I was so out classed it wasn't funny. To say that she was in my league would be to say that t-ball and the Majors are in the same league. I truly was not worthy of her love, but I had it anyway.

In another thread Dive_Buddy made a powerful statement...he said that his wife had loved him because of his faults and that she showed him how to do the same. WOW!!!

Dive_Buddy how did she do that?

And for our other spoken for and married but buddyless divers out there...did your spouse/SO teach you how to love?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

she is a constant challenge, and has forced me to admit my faults. now i have nothing to hide.

#3 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

I think I can safely say that both of my former spouses showed me how NOT to love. I would never want to make anyone feel the way I felt married to either of them.

#4 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

I think I can safely say that both of my former spouses showed me how NOT to love. I would never want to make anyone feel the way I felt married to either of them.

I can agree with that. I made a reply before on one of our member's asking "Has this ever happend to them?" Someones heart broken. I did not mean to sound cold, and that I don't understand. And trying to laugh it off Like I did not care. This has happend to me numerous times. I HAVE BEEN HURT!!!! REALLY BAD It's something that I can't talk about. I realize that all men are not this way. It's been very difficult for me to ever trust a man again, since my divorce 2 years ago. We were married on Valentines day 12 year marriage, and he had met a Topless dancer....

I put it behind me and move on...you have to!!! It's negative...I want to live my life and enjoy my friends. Hopefully my Prince Charming will find me one day :D
The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.

Norman Vincent Peale

#5 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:25 AM

Mine (ex, of course) taught me how to RUN.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#6 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

In another thread Dive_Buddy made a powerful statement...he said that his wife had loved him because of his faults and that she showed him how to do the same. WOW!!!

Dive_Buddy how did she do that?

How did she do that? The hardest was know to man, or woman. By example.

When I say that she showed me how to love someone's faults, I mean that she showed me how she did it. And I may have learned how to do it, but I doubt I will ever be as good at it as she was.

Let us take for example, my inability to remember dates. For most women, this is a sure sign that the man does not care, does not love, anymore. Michelle simply looked at it as one way that she got to take care of me. You see I came home one night and started mucking around in the shop. Michelle asked me if I was forgetting something. I thought, but could not think of anything. When I said no, what am I forgetting? She informed me that we were supposed to go out to dinner. No, problem, I will be ready in no time. Once in the car, she said “you really don't remember do you?” “No Dear, I do not. What am I forgetting?” I replied. “Your Birthday” she said sternly. Ouch! After that, she looked upon having to remind me of dates the day the happened as a way of caring for me. A way of showing her love by keeping my on track. I would find out later that it was something that she actually enjoyed doing for me.

I have a friend, a nice guy, but he drove Michelle up the wall. But from time to time, she would suggest that Chad and I go shooting or something. “Just don't bring him here and spend all day” was her only request.

There were times when I should have mowed the lawn, cleaned the basement, or done some chore around the house. She would tell me to go diving and relax.

I have always stopped to help someone change a tire at the roadside. This drove my first wife nearly to a rage because it would make us late. With Michelle, she always had a little smile on her face when I go back into our car. When it did make us late, she would tell our hosts that I had stopped to help someone, and do it with pride.

Don't get me wrong. There were many times that I caught unholy heck for things I had done. But she love me the same. She seemed to understand that I do forget things, and that I do open my mouth before thinking sometimes, and that I do leave this here and that there, and that I am not always perfect.

We discussed this aspect of love at length several times. We had discussed how love covers a multitude of sins. It was not until it was too late, that I realized how my love for her differed from her love for me. I loved her so deeply that I did not see her faults. I honestly can not point out any faults she had, because I did not even see them. I loved her so much that I ignored her faults. Here is the part that cuts me to my very soul. As were I love her so much I didn't see her faults, she saw every one of my faults and still love me so much.

“Should an Angel descend from the heavens and chose the likes of me for her champion? I think not. Can thou find not, one more worthy than I, to vanguard thine heart?” “Nay” was all she said.
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#7 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:17 PM

I wouldn't say that Wendi taught me how to love ... but I would say that she made it safe to take the training wheels off. But then again ... how could you not love this face?

Attached Images

• IMG_1050.JPG

"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#8 ereediver

ereediver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water, AOW
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

In my opinion your parents teach you how to love. Who you use that knowledge on depends on you. Those of you with kids remember this. I've seen the results of bad teachers way too often.

Edited by ereediver, 15 June 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#9 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

I wouldn't say that Wendi taught me how to love ... but I would say that she made it safe to take the training wheels off. But then again ... how could you not love this face?

We both know Wendi is a winner, and I'm glad she made it safe for you to feel those wonderful feelings again. Of course you're a winner, too... so it's a match made in heaven. By the way, thanks for the birthday wishes on my answering machine. I was over in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach re-learning why I don't dive the mainland!

Although I've never been married, I think I can honestly say that not a single one of my truly meaningful relationships taught me anything except how great it is for two people to care for one another, to be intimate with one another in all the best ways, to respect one another and eventually to love one another. I hold no anger towards any of them, only fond memories of the good experiences we had. Thanks to them, and my outlook on even the relationships that ended under less than optimal circumstances, I can say that when another honest and open relationship appears on the horizon, I won't run... except towards it!

#10 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

<snip> I can say that when another honest and open relationship appears on the horizon, I won't run... except towards it!

Very nice, Bill! :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users