• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Florida Manatee(s) Report

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

I had a great time meeting new SD buddies and another angel. The one thing missing was the Florida sunshine, but laughter was plentiful.

Jerry aka fdnyjery, Sandy aka ScubaPunk, Phil OCBeach bum, Jim aka jholley309 take a break

We did see a manatee or two....

then went for lunch

Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#2 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

Bummer about the weather but glad you all had a great time regardless! :)

Any more pics? :cool1:

#3 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

We dove in Rainbow River in the afternoon, which I think we would agree was the highlight.

ScubaPunk with some fish... some fish .. Jerry
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#4 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

And 'isn't he cute' Jim with the beautiful eyes

#5 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

... and trying to stay warm today. Sorry system will not let me post any more photos.

There were lots of camera and Jim already had his devolped so we had them Saturday night. So I expect some of the others to get theirs posted. Hint Hint

Edited by nextariel, 26 February 2006 - 06:21 PM.

#6 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

Well, I for one had a great time, despite the weather and relative lack of manatees. Rainbow River was excellent as usual, and the company was unbeatable. And the hot chocolate was pretty good too... :cool2:

Seriously, if you missed this one, you missed a great time. I missed dinner Friday night due to a relatively late arrival and some residual paperwork from the day's work, but the snorkel and cavern dive Saturday was great (the cavern was waaay less crowded than it was back in November), and Rainbow River that afternoon was breathtaking as usual (even though some of us..ahem...were lagging behind the crowd a bit :twist: ). Saturday night's Happy Hour was a wonderful time, even though ScubaPunk seemed to be having difficulty catching me on camera with my eyes open... :lmao: . We got skunked Sunday morning at Homasassa Springs in terms of manatees, but we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast anyway, and tipped the DM out of pity for the horrible day he was having (long story...). I departed for home shortly afterward, and after arriving to find my two cats (I got the big one a "little brother" a couple of weeks ago, and this was their first time together without me around for an extended length of time to ride herd on them) still healthy and the apartment intact, I posted the dive gear and promptly collapsed into bed after a relaxing, hot shower.

As soon as I get the pics from Rainbow River touched up a bit, they will be posted at a time and place to be determined, with a link posted here.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#7 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for a great weekend everyone. I'll be back when it gets warmer. :evilgrin:

Jerry.jpg Jerry___Phil.jpg Jill.jpg ent]

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

More pics of this trip in the Gallery.

#9 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:54 AM

Okay! Instead of doing real work today, I took an "admin" day, and among other things, did some photo touch-ups from the trip!

They are in my gallery, here.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#10 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for posting my photos. Everyone can see we had fun even though the weather was not very cooperative. Hope you will come back for another FL event this summer.

#11 fdnyjery

fdnyjery

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:open water nitrox o2 provider
  • Logged Dives:126

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Hi Feb Florida trippers...Just got back on line ,fri. night 3/3/06 computer was in shop all week :teeth:
Anyway had a great time the rainbow was great nice dive sorry I didn't catch up with you guys sunday morning ...had a rough time sleeping sat. nite awoke a few times and it was pouring so figured i would bag it. Jill said it was chilly
It was really great meeting everyone and hope you can keep in mind bonaire or curacao ,with our group it would be a blast. Looking forward to more dives with all of you... GOD Bless
Jerry aka fdnyjery
P.S. the photos are just great!!!!! :fish:
FDNYJERY aka JERRY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users