• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Memorial Day History

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 stanner82

stanner82

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

Approximately 600,000 men died over an unconstitutional economic policy that didn't work. A dictatorship was established which destroyed the free press and tossed into prison without trial those who questioned administration policies.

It was not a war in which "the soldiers from both sides are from the same country." The soldiers were from two separate countries. One country was illegally destroyed and absorbed by the other.

The soldiers on both sides were largely honorable men who believed in their cause and fought bravely. The polititians, as a group, were not so honorable.

Unfortunately, there were far too many generals that also happened to be politicians...on both sides.

#17 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:09 PM

Yes, but the war should never have taken place.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#18 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:25 PM

Sorry to intrude.

Not an intrusion. I just wanted you to be clear on the focus of the discussion Glen proposed. You'd be more than welcome.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users