• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NOVA/DC/MD March "Dive of The Month" Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

To all of my favorite NOVA, DC, MD Divers, Skiers and Snowboarders,

Thank you all for making this such a wonderful trip! This was the first SD trip of this type and everyone was super supportive!

I had a blast – and would like to say I am also going to be feeling this trip for A WHILE! Not to mention looking like a racoon for another week! :-D Feel free to post your comments, trip reports, and pictures! I’d love to see us do this again next year and hopefully by that point I will be much better at snowboarding! See you at the Wine Tasting!

Vanessa

Trip Report:
Snowshoe Resort, WV. March 3-5.

Friday: I got there a little too late to be partying with the “in crowd” at the connections nightclub. :mad: However, I joined the non-hardcore skiers/snowboarders for drinking games till about 4 o’clock in the morning. IEEE…
*I would also like to admit that I did learn my lesson about cell-phones not working way up in WV.*

Saturday: I got up at 8:30ish and joined the people that actually got out of bed and went and got breakfast before hitting the slopes with Buddy and the other newbie snowboarders for instruction. I would just like to say Buddy was awesome. He was incredibly patient and understanding, especially as the little 5 year olds whizzed by on their snowboards. GRR… I’m not sure how the skiers did. But they sure didn’t look as banged up as the new snowboarders! Later that afternoon we hit the hot tub :D (you should be seeing pictures shortly). And, I since I can’t admit to anything – we have some crazy people in this group!!! :o Anyway, we went to dinner and then went and partied down at the nightclub! I know some of us were dancing straight for 4 hours. I think the girls seriously did beat the boys out in the dancing competition. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST BABY!! We completely out danced you guys! :dance:

Sunday: Got up, had breakfast with some of the crew, packed up and went to the slopes for some more torture. :banghead: I SOO wish we had gotten a group picture. But we did get some good shots of Doris, Anthony, Mike B, and I on the slopes. If anybody else had any pictures, make sure to add them!
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#2 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

Vanessa - You rock! I haven't danced my a$$ off like that for a LONG time!
(There was breakfast?)

It was a fabulous (but too short!) weekend! I'm anxious to get back out on the slopes!

~Jen

#3 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:47 PM

It was a great trip!!! Especially since we went dancing after skiing and dinner. :banghead: And wait till you see the hot top pics Anthony and Mike took. :mad:

#4 JeepDiver

JeepDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:OWII & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:~150

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

Vanessa,
Thanks for putting together a great trip, it was a blast. While I'm not ready to trade in the Dive Gear for Ski stuff I'll definitely be hitting the slopes again, though hopefully next time it won't be with my rear end as much :banghead: .

It was great meeting everyone on the trip too.

David

#5 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:54 PM

I forgot to say .... Vanessa is a wonderful host. She did an outstanding job. :banghead:

#6 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:58 PM

It was a great trip!!! Especially since we went dancing after skiing and dinner. :banghead: And wait till you see the hot top pics Anthony and Mike took. :mad:

Of course I mean HOT TUB :-D I am still tiered from partying :D :dance:

#7 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

Thank you Vanessa for putting this together...I had a blast...I wish I had gotten to see you guys a bit longer...I didn't make it to the hot tub because I didn't get much sleep the week before, so I was making up for it...

Mike had a great time as well...we'll send you the pics we took.

Girls, we have to go dancing again...some guy told me to let him know if my husband was coming so he could walk away...it was an interesting crowd at the club.

I think I can handle Joe as my roommate in Honduras...this was a huge test...LOL!!!
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#8 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

Here is the start of the pics.. I'll post another update letting you know when more pictures come in!
ENJOY!!

Well.. Doris.. we did have some hot tops too.... all depending on how you look at it!
I'm up for dancing!! :banghead:

p.s. Maria -- nice pic at dinner! yummy!

http://www.singlediv..._album&album=13
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."

#9 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

So, I'm thinking me and snowboarding won't be long time friends... :respect: Back to ski's with me!

And I thought I was going to be the first one in the hottub... only to find out everyone was already there!
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#10 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

Well.. Doris.. we did have some hot tops too.... all depending on how you look at it!
I'm up for dancing!! :respect:

Yep, we did ... in the tub and on the dance floor :twist:
Well, I recovered from being tiered all day ... I am ready to go dancing again. :cool2:

#11 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

OMG, how many Mikes were there?????

I LOVE all the red noses...LMAO!!!

I didn't see anybody on the slopes...I spent most of the time on the blue runs and Mike and I split up for the last three runs yesterday afternoon. He went to the black diamonds and I stayed on the blue runs...he wanted to get me on a black diamond by the end of the day, but I chickened out after almost getting hit by 3 snowboarders...ugh...next time!!!!

I'll try snowboarding once my thumb gets better...I don't want to damage it again after taking a little over 4 months for it to heal...

Joe, I think you have a new best friend... :respect:

Edited by Maria, 06 March 2006 - 04:40 PM.

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#12 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

Alright -- here is Doris's pictures added. I CAN'T BELIEVE I POSTED THESE!

I think we need a new Joe the red-nose diver song.. :respect:
Wait.. I'm not all that much better!

Send those pics on when you get a chance!

Jen and I are talking about heading out for some more snowboarding before the slopes close. So it might happen.. OR there is always next year!

p.s. Doris, Jen and I were chatting about getting a group to go skydiving.. you up for it?

#13 cybrsufr

cybrsufr

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver (Night ,Navigation, Wreck, and Deep Diving), Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

Can't say thank you enough to Vanessa for all of her work in making this a terrific trip. I don't think I have had this much fun outside of diving in quite some time. Meeting everyone was great.
Will post the picts I have as sooon as I figure out how to put them in the gallery :cool1: for some reason some of the pictures are a little out offocus but that combined with the effects of the hot tub :diver: made some pretty cool pictures. Guess it is time to get a better camera. Lets see new camera or diving trip? hmmm guess I will probably have to go with :wavey:
Michael
AKA: CyBrSuFr

Posted Image

"Those who dare to venture experience the greatest rewards"

#14 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Vanessa, I sent you my pics last night...

Hermann Hesse

#15 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:11 AM

Alright -- here is Doris's pictures added. I CAN'T BELIEVE I POSTED THESE!

I think we need a new Joe the red-nose diver song.. :P
Wait.. I'm not all that much better!

Send those pics on when you get a chance!

Jen and I are talking about heading out for some more snowboarding before the slopes close. So it might happen.. OR there is always next year!

p.s. Doris, Jen and I were chatting about getting a group to go skydiving.. you up for it?

The link didn't work! I want to see the pictures too! :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users