• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Florida-Bahamas May 26 - May 30 Live Aboard Trip

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:50 AM

Payment Update:

Rec'd payment from Rocky! :banghead:

Trip Update:

1 Spot left and we do have someone nibbling on it thanks to OTWDiver! :evilgrin: However the spot is not firm so if you've been looking at this trip...now's the time to jump on this rare chance to dive very pristine destinations AND have exposure to the technical side of diving! We'll have rebreather divers, doubles divers, mixed gas divers, deep air divers and more at your fingertips...WOW!!!! What a wealth of information!

Participants...WE NEED FROM YOU...

1. Envelope with emergency contact info, any meds you are on and/or medical conditions you would tell a doctor about in the event you could not speak to them directly. We need a copy of you c-card and DAN or Dive Assure Insurance or other diving related insurance along with a copy of your passport in a sealed envelope with your name on it. (It will only be opened in the event of emergency and will be returned at the end of the trip to you.

2. List of any food preferences or styles of eating. Do you eat lots of raw fruits and veggies? Do you eat lots of starches/pastas? Do you eat lots of meat/protien? The cook on the boat needs to know what our food needs and wishes are.

3. Are you vegetarian and if so which kind? Are you quasi-vegitarian like I am...I eat 80% raw fruits and veggies with a little meat protein at night and LOTS of veggies and very little starches? Are you allergic to anything? If so we need to know.

4. Tech Divers...we need to know what gases you are diving...He or O2 etc.

Please send this information to trips@singledivers.com and cc: kamala@singledivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:50 PM

I've been going through all my gear to get everything ready. I've been testing batteries, putting my initials on my equipment so that nobody confuses my CCR with someone else's ( :lmao: ), going through my spare parts, getting gear serviced (like regulators and my camera, housing and lights), setting up some extra tanks for bailout, and I still have a list of 15 things to do.

I finally finished putting my scooter back together after the car accident, and I even gave her a fresh coat of paint so that she will look purdy for all the fish.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#48 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:30 AM

I just filled the last seat. :cheerleader:
The check is going in the mail today. I am hoping I can find a few other divers on the trip that want to watch the reef from dark to light one early morning. I want to splash with lights and surface to breakfast. Any one else want to join in on this dive. Maybe the last day with the early dive schedule.
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:35 AM

I just filled the last seat. :P
The check is going in the mail today. I am hoping I can find a few other divers on the trip that want to watch the reef from dark to light one early morning. I want to splash with lights and surface to breakfast. Any one else want to join in on this dive. Maybe the last day with the early dive schedule.

Actually Bill...filling the last seat is an understatement...you've filled the last 3 spots! :cheerleader:

And you are our instructor on the trip doing the nitrox, and advanced for one diver, deep air for me, and putting me to use as a DM for a change! :tears:

Thank you for the update and a transition dive from dark to light would be cool. I think the last day would work out very well as it would give us an extra dive we might not make otherwise with clearing customs and motoring back. :cheerleader:

Trip Needs & Docs:

Don't forget to send me or Howard your food preferences. Howard will send a reminder out to everyone to get them into us asap!

Payment Update:

Just got Rocky's check! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#50 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:29 AM

Please send food needs, and please let us know if you are bringing your own tanks (or will be needing tanks). Speaking of tanks: I don't know if the boat has DIN or standard yoke valves. Please make sure you are prepared. If you will be doing deco diving and/or tech, please let that be known and any estimation of what you think you will need in the way of Helium and Oxygen (assuming averaging 4-5 dives per day).

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR FORMS AND SEND ANY DIETARY RESTRICTIONS/PREFERENCES TO FINGRABBER. Please send in one PM together so that we can keep everything straight.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#51 Manny Dib

Manny Dib

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:36 PM

Check has been sent via Priority Mail. Should arrive by Saturday.
I will be using O2 & He.
As far as food goes I need to keep dairy intake to a minimum and prefer not to eat anything deep fried.
How picky can we be about the food? I prefer brown rice to white and whole wheat for pasta and bread.

Need any more info?

#52 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

Hi MannyDib and welcome to SD!! :evilgrin:

Have a fabulous trip!

[Post an intro here to let other SD members get to know you!]
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#53 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

Please send me food needs, and please let us know if you are bringing your own tanks (or will be needing tanks). Speaking of tanks: I don't know if the boat has DIN or standard yoke valves. Please make sure you are prepared. If you will be doing deco diving and/or tech, please let that be known and any estimation of what you think you will need in the way of Helium and Oxygen (assuming averaging 4-5 dives per day).

Please send in one PM together so that I can keep everything straight.

Not bringing my tanks, so will need nitrox, I have yokes, not DIN.
As for food requirements, just as long as it doesn't eat me first. :evilgrin:
I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#54 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

As for food requirements, just as long as it doesn't eat me first. :D

:evilgrin: :cool2: :wavey: :lmao:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#55 Jocassee Diver

Jocassee Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Deep Diver/NITROX/ERDI
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

Looking forward to the trip I am on the roster as OTW Diver's friend. I now have a name Jocassee Diver or you can call me Ed.

#56 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

Looking forward to the trip I am on the roster as OTW Diver's friend. I now have a name Jocassee Diver or you can call me Ed.

Hello Ed!

#57 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:55 AM

:P Why hello, Mr Ed
I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:17 AM

:P Why hello, Mr Ed

Oh yeah...this is going to be a fun and lively group!!! :dance:

formerly...

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

Thanks Ed! We welcome you to our community of single and married but buddyless divers! Great screen name and I look forward to meeting you in person! OTWDiver has spoken quite highly of you! -ww

formerly...

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

Ok several of you have asked about how much detail we need to give the boat. This is what I sent Kim for my needs:

Diving:

I'll be diving 100's via the boat's tanks nitrox most of the dives.
I'll have a set of hp 100's doubles for half of my training dives.

Instruction:

I am working on my deep air cert. and I'm DM'ing for the nitrox and AOW class.

Food:

Breakfast: I eat fruit for breakfast and often lunch usually 2-3 peices of each. I eat all fruits except for oranges. Bananas are requested due to potassium needs.

Lunch: I usually eat fruit for lunch as well or salad/raw veggies (made from spinach or dark greens if possible.)

Dinner: I eat lots of lightly cooked or raw veggies for dinner. I eat some rice, no pasta. I will eat some meat usually fish, or pork preferred grilled or cooked as lean as possible but only a very small amount. My meal is comprised of 80% veggies and 20% rice and meat.

Basically I am a vegetarian that eats mostly raw plant based food. I will eat a little meat protein at dinner.

Beverages: I drink juice in the morning for my flaxseed (please have choices other than orange juice as it is too acidic for me when diving.) I drink bottled water most of the day. I will drink red wine with a meal or after dinner.

Snacks: I usually don't snack but if I do it will be fruit. Pears, peaches, apples, grapes, melons, papaya, etc. is all good. Thank you!

p.s. I also sent her my Rooming & Trip Survey, My SD Liability Release , and my sealed envelope of vital info in case I can't speak and need instructions to be given to a doctor on my behalf. (It also contains a copy of my c-card, passport & driver license in case they get lost or stolen.)

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users