• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Travel adventures with Kamala.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:59 AM

I was working BTS all weekend and Friday night Kamala had me booked into The Under the route 3 Overpass, this is apparently one of those themed room hotels as my room looked exactly like a big rear projection TV box. During the night I woke to find a guy who said he was hotel security going through my wallet, he said he was doing a "background check" to make sure I wasn't a terrorist, you would think me working for DoN I would have heard of this terrorist group called "the fuzz"!
I had just gotten back to sleep when a young lady from housekeeping came in offering to warm up the bed and me for $20. I told her I was fine as I had rented three dogs from the desk clerk although I couldn't figure out the breed of the small one. It was gray with a thin face, two buck teeth, a long hairless tail and one white paw that looked like a glove.
In the morning I joined the other guest around the 55 gallon drum/space heater, some of the stuff burning looked like things from my wallet, Blue Cross card, 2005 SD calendars, PADI cards etc. They asked me if I was going over with them for the free continental breakfast, apparently the Under the route 3 Overpass has a reciprocal deal with the Embassy Suites however the staff there didn't seem aware of that and called hotel security but luckily I showed them my BTS staff badge and all was well.
After a nice breakfast the others suggested a swim in the pool, I said "I didn't pack a bathing suit" and they said no problem, Saturday mornings were bathing suit optional anyway and again the staff didn't seem aware of this rule and some of the other guest at Embassy must have been in a hurry to get to the dive show because they suddenly left.
Saturday night she had me booked into RV Sales, strange name for a hotel I think but anyway for the SD discount I was to say "I just need to test it for one night before I buy it". This was much more comfortable and came with heat and a stocked fridge.
Tonight she has me booked into the Bates Motel, I'll let you know how that was in the morning. :twist: Ray
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#2 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

I'll be very interested in hearing the rest of the story.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#3 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:00 AM

And I thought my weekend was weird....
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#4 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

Wow....for $20 she must have been a real winner! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

#5 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

I don't see anything strange about this at all. Remember you were in New Jersey. If you can imagine the swamp you were in is worthy of being called "The Meadow Lands" can just as easily imagine a Winebago being the Waldorf Astoria. :lmao:

Great Dive Show though. Made it all worthwhile.

BB

Edited by BubbleBoy, 27 March 2006 - 09:24 PM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#6 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Ray - you are too funny! I tried to find you again on Saturday - I had NO idea how many people would be in that place!! I wanted to talk to you again!!! Sorry I didn't chat more when we first saw each other - my mistake! Next time I"ll know better!!! It was nice to see you though!!!
Known puker

#7 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

LA - this sounds like Chapter 2 from your Utila trip. I'm thinking you should be keeping a journal for your your memoirs.

You are kidding right?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#8 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

LA - this sounds like Chapter 2 from your Utila trip. I'm thinking you should be keeping a journal for your your memoirs.

You are kidding right?

Apparently some people were taking this serious and I got some phone calls. :lmao:
The truth was we all stayed at Holiday Inn Express (Thanks Colin) and I shared a room with Kamala, just for the record she doesn't snore but does talk in her sleep and the most exciting part of the weekend was getting George out of bed at 1am to come rescue us after my truck broke down on the way back from the Cayman Island party.

Edited by Latitude Adjustment, 29 March 2006 - 08:51 AM.

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#9 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:42 PM

I liked your other story better.......... :banghead:

#10 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:03 PM

You are kidding right?

and I shared a room with Kamala, just for the record she doesn't snore but does talk in her sleep and the most exciting part of the weekend..

What a disappointment. I thought for sure the most exciting part of the weekend was going to be what Kamala revieled while talking in her sleep :banghead:
"

#11 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:04 PM

I knew you were kidding. But shoot, I wanted to hear the rest of the story.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#12 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

:banghead: REALLY that was not a true story??? It sounded just like the ones Jacko tells down the pub.

I still want to hear the rest of the story though :lmao:

I am curious, what does Kamala talk about in her sleep?

#13 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:53 PM

yeah....what does kamala talk about in her sleep?

#14 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

:banghead: REALLY that was not a true story??? It sounded just like the ones Jacko tells down the pub.

I still want to hear the rest of the story though :lmao:

I am curious, what does Kamala talk about in her sleep?

it probably started with "that damn finGrabber, ......"

#15 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

yeah....what does kamala talk about in her sleep?

She said she dropped her cell phone which she had actually done the day before, aren't you glad you asked?

Signed and Dated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users