• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Your favorite yummy snacks?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

I have two relatively new healthy snacks I am just hooked on!

The first one is frozen green grapes! A tarty little taste sensation! I only take a few out at a time as they thaw pretty quick! :)

The second one is a bowl Special K Red Berries. I normally don't go for the sweet fruits like strawberries, but holy cow this cereal is GREAT!

I'd really like hearing about other healthy snacking alternatives as Summer is on it's way! :usflag:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:56 PM

I love dried banana chips. Sadly, my dogs do as well, so I always have to share!

I have to try the grape thing, that sounds fantastic!!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#3 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

I really like celery and peanut butter with raisens ..hmmmm..
Hey I really like the special K cereal with red berries too !! Yummy!

Karen

#4 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:17 AM

Hommus with carrots is my favourite. I t has to be the good hommus though, lots of garlic and lemon juice. :cool2:

#5 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:44 AM

I have been enjoying Cold Cereal lately.. like Total, Corn Flakes, Wheaties etc....
The more Fiber and less sugars the Better!!!

Ummm... and those Chewy fruit and grain bars :cool2:

My Two Calories

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#6 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

For snacks, I eat lightly salted mixed nuts. I also like the little baby carrots (actually they are regular carrots cut and pealed) and celery with Hummas (Garlic or Pepper flavored).
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#7 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Have you tried them yet?

Dennis, your post had me craving good hummus and so I picked up some garlic hummus yesterday to have with some excellent rice crackers!

One thing I can definitely tell everyone is that oatmeal is SOOOOO not a yummy snack to me. I have been making myself eat some in the morning to get myself going but it takes me ALL morning to eat a small portion. My co-workers laugh at me about it! Perhaps it could be the utter grimace I get on my face everytime I take a bite. But hey it's good for me right? :cool1:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#8 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Have you tried them yet?

Dennis, your post had me craving good hummus and so I picked up some garlic hummus yesterday to have with some excellent rice crackers!

One thing I can definitely tell everyone is that oatmeal is SOOOOO not a yummy snack to me. I have been making myself eat some in the morning to get myself going but it takes me ALL morning to eat a small portion. My co-workers laugh at me about it! Perhaps it could be the utter grimace I get on my face everytime I take a bite. But hey it's good for me right? :cool1:

Put the spoon down and step away from the bowl and nobody gets hurt.Oatmeal is just so wrong on so many levels.

#9 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:34 AM

A tarty little taste sensation!

Oh, I love a tarty little taste sensation.... :twist:

For refreshment between dives, I like to have cut up cantelope, grapes, water mellon, and mango. I try to prepare some of these and bag them into the cooler to keep them refreshing. Now... for the tarty sensations... :)

:birthday:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

Have you tried them yet?

One thing I can definitely tell everyone is that oatmeal is SOOOOO not a yummy snack to me. I have been making myself eat some in the morning to get myself going but it takes me ALL morning to eat a small portion. My co-workers laugh at me about it! Perhaps it could be the utter grimace I get on my face everytime I take a bite. But hey it's good for me right? :)

Put the spoon down and step away from the bowl and nobody gets hurt.Oatmeal is just so wrong on so many levels.

the only way I can eat Oatmeal is by using milk, honey and some pecans; the honey seems to negate the oatmeal taste to where I can bear eating it

#11 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

the only way I can eat Oatmeal is by using milk, honey and some pecans; the honey seems to negate the oatmeal taste to where I can bear eating it

It's getting to where you almost can't buy "regular" instant oatmeal any more... it all is loaded up with extra carbs/sugars. I bet you can't even tell it's oatmeal! maple vanilla this, raspberry-fruity that... Arrrggghhhh! Find something "healthy" and sugar it up so it's unhealthy! :)

:twist:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#12 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:50 PM

It's getting to where you almost can't buy "regular" instant oatmeal any more... it all is loaded up with extra carbs/sugars. I bet you can't even tell it's oatmeal! maple vanilla this, raspberry-fruity that... Arrrggghhhh! Find something "healthy" and sugar it up so it's unhealthy! :cool2:

:P

You gotta think if the stuff was so great why hide the taste......might I suggest haggis as another way to serve oatmeal :cool1:

Eric

#13 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:51 PM

Wow, I see a few hate oatmeal, I love it!! But I always add a little granola and raisins which helps and it always keeps me full for a long while. My favorite snack has to be apples with occasionally a little peanut butter on it.. yet the PB is rare as it's too fattening!

#14 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:47 PM

I am also an oatmeal lover but the instant/fast cooking stuff is awful. It's like comparing minute rice to basmati or jasmine rice. Just can't be done.

#15 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

I have two relatively new healthy snacks I am just hooked on!

The first one is frozen green grapes! A tarty little taste sensation! I only take a few out at a time as they thaw pretty quick! :evilgrin:

I like grapes too. My morning job starts at 5:30am and involves being on the road for 6-7 hrs. Never mind what labor laws say, it's just not practical to stop and take a half-hour lunch break. Most places aren't open that early anyway, I would rather finish a half hour sooner and not eat fast-food crap, so I take along a bunch of grapes. They're easy to eat while driving, and they're filling. I haven't tried freezing them.

The second one is a bowl Special K Red Berries. I normally don't go for the sweet fruits like strawberries, but holy cow this cereal is GREAT!

Yeah, but it's high in sugar, dear: http://www.calorie-c.../item/8383.html

A lot of "cereals" are really disguised candy.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users