• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Freaky Friday

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:16 AM

Raisins freak me out! They look like little dead bugs and they are even squishy inside like little dead bugs! Posted Image I know odd, but true!

What odd little things freak you out?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

Mmmmmm....raisins are great! I love them on my salad, and especially love to eat chocolate covered raisins. Even if they do look like bugs! :teeth:

Fish eyes, eggs, and snails...now those freak me out! Cow tongue....blech!

#3 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:43 AM

cow tongue!!? :teeth: excellent random and great!

I also don't like my own blood. YOU? You could be spurting blood all over the place and no problem. I've got direct pressure, band aids and tourniquets ready! Slight paper cut on my own finger and it's:

"AAAACKKKK :o I can't look! I won't make it! Just go on without me....." *sob* *sob* *sob*
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#4 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

I get a little freaked out when people figure out that the voices are only talking to me.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#5 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

cow tongue - yummy, especially corned beef variety
little cuttlefish, complete with eyes - out of this world
raw fish, raw oysters, raw beef - sign me up

spider web in my face? eeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#6 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

I try and avoid reality.....

Edited by 6Gill, 14 April 2006 - 07:13 PM.

#7 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

I hate squash....

#8 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

The gigantic tarantula that decided to spend the night in one of my boots on a desert deployment...now that freaked me out. Especially the next morning as I groggily went to pull my boots on and, um...well, you get the picture of what happened next.

Ick.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#9 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

I hate squash....

Oh no...not all squash?

Mmmmm.... acorn squash baked with a little butter, brown sugar an half a bacon strip. Yum!!!

#10 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:53 PM

cow tongue - yummy, especially corned beef variety
little cuttlefish, complete with eyes - out of this world
raw fish, raw oysters, raw beef - sign me up

spider web in my face? eeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

The gigantic tarantula that decided to spend the night in one of my boots on a desert deployment...now that freaked me out. Especially the next morning as I groggily went to pull my boots on and, um...well, you get the picture of what happened next.

Ick.

Cheers!

Jim

Please tell me they don't make corned beef out of cow tongue!

Spiders...spider webs...spider eggs...anything spider is awful...must squash them with my shoe! But ewwwww...then their guts are on my shoe...even smashed that are awful!

#11 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

So you're most comfortable in your own little world then? Do you hear Jextract's voices there?

#12 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:10 AM

Ick.

Cheers!

Jim

That's why you roll your socks and put them in the boots the night before, same for rolling your sleeping bag when your not in it!

We had been warned about big hairy spiders in the privy, checked everything and had a seat, finished my business and picked up the coffee can that kept the tp dry to find the spider on the toilet paper! :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#13 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

Ick.

Cheers!

Jim

I had one ....they make great pets.

I hate squash....

Oh no...not all squash?

Mmmmm.... acorn squash baked with a little butter, brown sugar an half a bacon strip. Yum!!!

It could be squash the game and not the vegtable....

So you're most comfortable in your own little world then? Do you hear Jextract's voices there?

I asked the voices I talk to...they don't know of Jextract or his voices.Anyhow got to go the voices are telling me to find matches...needed for some new game we're going to play :birthday:

#14 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:02 PM

I hate squash....

and bananas on your boat???
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#15 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

Marionette puppets and dolls with teeth (left over from old Twilight Zone and Night Gallery shows seen when I was a spud, I guess).
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users