• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Labor Day Weekend will be a Singles Fantasy...Sept 2-9

• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:37 AM

mapa.jpg vistaaerea.jpg imageLow1.jpg

Availability Update:

WE ARE FULL!!! Thank you for looking at this trip...please consider another one that still has room!

Mark your calendars...you asked for Roatan and now you've got it!!!

ITS SINGLES WEEK AT FANTASY ISLAND BEACH RESORT!

SingleDivers.com is joining Fantasy Island Beach Resort to bring you the 3rd Annual Singles Fantasy Week in Roatan Sept 2-9, 2006!

You won't want to miss this Singles Extravaganza...over 90 single and buddyless divers from around the world filled the resort to capacity last year!!

This year will be no exception! And for $599 + taxes pp d/o ($695 with taxes) and $799 + taxes pp s/o ($927 with taxes) how can you afford to not join in on all the fun!!! ($695 total d/o with taxes or $927 total s/o with taxes)

Deposit requirements - Double Occupancy = $200; Single Occupancy = $300

Payment schedule

$200 for d/o or $300 for s/o to secure your spot,
50% or $347.50 for d/o or $463.50 s/o due 90 days prior to departure or June 2
50% less deposit or $147.50 + nitrox if applicable for d/o or $163.50 + nitrox if applicable for s/o due 60 days prior to departure or July 2

Note: Since this is not a trip/event planned by SD only one that we are participating in, we can not offer our usual premier membership rebate of $25. However the SD rebate applies to all other SD trips.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to fingrabber@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted above and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you.

Included:

Airport Transfers
7 nights and 8 days
Beachfront Air Conditioned Accommodations
3 meals daily (yep meals are included!)
3 boat dives daily
Unlimited Shore Dives
Welcome Cocktail Party sponsored by SingleDivers.com and Fantasy Island Beach Resort
DAILY Organized Events and Games!
LOTS of Prizes....
Pirates and Wenches Costume Party
White SD T-Shirt typically with funny saying on the back commemorating the trip!
and more...

Optional Services:

Nitrox weekly plan $100 or $116 with taxes
Single Room Upgrade: $200 or $232 with taxes
T-Shirt Color Upgrade: The trip comes with a white SD t-shirt which can be upgraded to black or grey for $10, subject to availability
Extra days including diving/hotel/food: for $86+taxes on d/o or $115+taxes s/o. (That is $100 for d/o with taxes and $134 s/o with taxes)
Private DM at $50 per day or $125 for 5 days
Nitrox, AOW, and other specialty training via Victoria aka Texas Starfish
Here's what we're offering:
Open Water referral (any agency doing Universal Referral) - 150.00 - 125.00 w discount
NAUI Open water - 350.00 - 325.00 w discount
NAUI AOW - 210.00 - 185.00 w discount
Specialties:
NAUI Nitrox - 185.00 - 160.00 w discount
NAUI Night - 130.00 - 105.00 w discount
NAUI Deep - 160.00 - 135.00 w discount

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions.

Not Included:

16% tax on all prices quoted including the trip, nitrox, single room upgrade etc.
Departure Tax

Forms & Waivers:

To complete the booking process you must return the Diver's Rooming and Diving Survey and the Trip Waiver. When Fingrabber confirms your reservation she will pm you the link and the password to the forum where these docs are kept. To see if we have your forms and waivers, please look to see behind your name where we have listed them.

NOTE: We must have your survey and waiver inhouse asap to finalize booking of this trip. It is almost completely filled and you must submit your forms as part of the booking process. In the future all trips will require that you return your forms with your deposit to secure your spot. Poor Fingrabber is working too hard to follow up with everyone to get your forms. If you have not completed them or you need them again, send fingrabber a pm for the password and link to the trip docs forum. If you have them then please fax them to 214-350-2558, or email them to trips@singledivers.com and fingrabber at singledivers.com or mail them to: SingleDivers.com 3957 Gaspar #200; Dallas, TX 75220

Roatan offers world class diving and our last trip to Roatan was extremely memorable...it even inspired our SD song!

So don't delay...start planning your Labor Day for Fun in the Sun cuz look out Roatan...here we come!!!

AND...Fantasy Island is so excited to have us join them in their event that they are announcing us as their official partner in the June/July issue of Sport Diver Magazine! Stay tuned and we'll post it as soon as it is published! And more industry publicity will be coming out on this event so it will fill up fast...so don't delay if you want a spot on this great trip!

Who's Going?

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Dallas, TX - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg (pd) - Waiver/Survey
2. Paul aka Texdvr s/o (dep/1st) - Nitrox pkg ( Pd) - Waiver/Survey
3. Mark aka Capn Jack - Texas - s/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg (pd) - Waiver/Survey
4. Mike aka ASDmike - Texas - s/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg (pd) - Waiver/Survey
5. Robert aka Blackhawk - d/o (pd) - Waiver/Survey
6. Hazel aka ladylike crab - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
7. Matthew aka JackBSwift - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - Nitrox Class pd - Waiver/Survey pd
8. Sandy aka ScubaPunk - Galveston, TX - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
9. Paula aka Travel Gal - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
10. Alison aka Alikat - Hawaii - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
11. Michael aka Going Postal - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
12. Christine aka SeaMaiden - Jupiter, FL - d/o (pd) - Waiver/Survey
13. Cherie aka drckw - d/o (pd) - Waiver/Survey
14. Pam aka SunsScubaGal - d/o (dep) - Waiver/Survey
15. Kelly aka CaptainMorgan - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg NOT PD - Nitrox Class pd - DM pdWaiver /Survey
16. Karen aka DiverDoll - d/o (pd) - Waiver/Survey pd
17. Ray aka Latitude Adjustment d/o (pd) - Waiver/Survey
18. Kim aka finGrabber d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg - Waiver/Survey
19. Joe Scuba - d/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg (pd) - 1 extra day diving & night Friday Sept 1 (pd) - Waiver/Survey
20. Buz aka airhead - s/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg pd- Waiver/Survey
21. Jill aka Nextariel - d/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg (pd) -extra day diving & night Friday (pd) -Waiver/Survey
22. Jerry aka NCMasterDiver - d/o (pd) -Need Docs
23. Barry aka WTXBlaze d/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg ? Waiver/Survey[b/]
24. John aka platypusman - d/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
25. Heather aka Heather? - s/o (pd) - Waiver/Survey
26. Jeff aka Sparky103 - d/o (pd) & Nitrox Pkg pd - Waiver/Survey
27. Blade aka CA Blade - s/o pd - Nitrox pkg pd, extra day Sunday (pd)Waiver/Survey
28. Janelle aka jellyfishluv - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd -Waiver/Survey
29. Karen aka OHDiver - s/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg pd - Nitrox Class pd Waiver/Survey
30. Victoria aka TexasStarfish - d/o pd - Nitrox, PKG (owes $16 taxes) - Waiver/Survey
31. Rosa aka divegirl412 - s/o pd, Nitrox Pkg (pd) - Waiver/Survey
32. Carol aka sandiegocarol - d/o (pd), Nitrox (pd) - Waiver/Survey
33. Benigno aka Benignor - s/o pd Waiver /Survey
34. Stan aka Desert_Diver - (pd), d/o, Nitrox Pkg - (pd) - Waiver/Survey
35. Theresa aka Boatlawyer - s/o pd Waiver/Survey -Nitrox Pkg pd - NITROX CLASS pd
36. Phylis aka Stingray1 - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg (parially paid...need taxes)Waiver/Survey
37. Stephen aka Humu Humu - d/o (pd) - Nitrox Pkg pd - NITROX CLASS pd - Waiver only
38. Mitch aka shedcityusa - pd s/o Waiver/Survey
39. Dave aka Diver Dave - pd d/o - Waiver/Survey
40. Dave aka VAGlassman - d/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg pd - Nitrox Class pd Waiver/Survey
41. Mike aka MikeSpokane - s/o (pd) - Nitrox pkg pd - Nitirx Class pd Waiver/Survey

TRIP CLOSED!

Forms Update:

Divers Booked Direct via Fantasy Island but wanting SD to do the rooming assignments:

1. Lynn aka Bluedreamer - Direct FI s/o - Survey - confirmed with FI we are doing rooming
2. Kittydiver - Waiver/Survey
3. Scott aka DiveScoop (Media Spot FI)

20 Women
22 Men
12 singles
14 doubles

Checks in the mail

1. Paul aka TXDiver bal $279.50
3. Pam aka SunsScubaGal bal due
5. Kelly aka Captain Morgan -Nitrox pkg

Interested

1. Susieq
2. Christi aka BeachBunny
3. BDDIVER
4. SeaRanger
5. Que aka Sea Urchin
7. WreckGoddess
8. Reef Rider

Waiting List

1. Kelp Diver for ninth spot open for a male - email sent - No Response so spot released

Divers using COCHRAN/DAN Computers:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench
2. Victoria aka Texas Starfish
3. Mike aka MikeSpokane
4. Dave aka VAGlassman
5. Teresa aka BoatLawyer
6. HumaHuma ??
7. Kelly aka Captain Morgan??
8. Karen aka OHDiver

Trip Instruction Update:

Please advise who will want to take what certs on this trip? We already have a request for nitrox and possibly an open water diver. Victoria aka TexasStarfish will have the final say as to what specialties and classes she will teach...afterall she will want to get SOME diving in...but we are very pleased that she is part of our group and she is a fine instructor. Please let us know which classes you wish to take as all arrangements will be made via SD for your convenience. -ww

Instruction Pricing Including SD Discount:

Nitrox $160:
1. MikeSpokane -pd
2. Dave aka VAGlassman - pd
3. Teresa aka BoatLawyer - Pd
4. Stephen aka HumaHuma - Pd
5. Kelly aka Captain Morgan - pd
6. Karen aka OHDiver - pd

AOW $185:
1. Kittydiver - Pd

DM Services:
1. Lynn aka BlueDreamer - pd
2. Kelly aka Captain Morgan - pd

Resort Update:

It has come to my attention that a number of you wonder why we are having equal numbers of women and men on this trip? This is a resort requirement NOT an SD requirement. Therefore we must comply with the resort's request.

Also please keep in mind that there will be an equal or greater number of single and buddyless divers at the resort that are not part of our group. So how will this work? Well for starters our group will be in the same building and/or buildings. Secondly we will have some activities namely our group Happy Hours that will provide some quality time for just our group. And we have a unique group philosophy that makes us different.

[b]SD Group Philosphy:

It is important to note that we are a buddy diver group not a dating group. However many people going on this trip that are booking outside of SingleDivers.com will see and treat this as a 'Singles' event for single not married divers. While some married divers will attend the trip outside our group...they sometimes fall into the 'single for a weekend' category of people and are certainly NOT SD calibre material. Also we have a number of well respected but very fun married but buddyless divers as part of our group and they are just as important as the single not married divers that are joining us. It is SD's objective to make all buddyless divers regardless of marital status feel comfortable, fit in and enjoy a great trip with other members of SingleDivers.com. It is vital that our members realize that 'our hookups are to tanks' and we are NOT a dating service. Therefore this trip as far as we are concerned is NOT a meat/meet market nor is it a pickup/hookup trip.

Please note...if anyone male or female receives unwanted attention from anyone else on this trip whether they are part of our group or not...it is imperative that you let myself or Kim aka Fingrabber know so that we can run interference and politely but effectively resolve the problem. Yes I know that many of our great guys will find it hard to ask us to help 'call off the girls' but should they need that help it is available. Conversely if any of our female divers need us to nicely but politely 'enlighten' a member of the male species that they are not interested...beleive me when I say...'ve have vays of making this happen'!!! :o

And of course as always...if you have ANY problem please let us know during the trip rather than after. We can always solve a problem in progress but rarely can solve one after the fact. Don't let an annoying issue grow to become a problem. Simply ask myself or fingrabber or any other trip leader to help you and we will! :teeth:

Attached Images

• imageLow3.jpg
  • imageLow.jpg
  • iniciobuceo.jpg
  • negativo_buceo_1.jpg
  • negativo_buceo_2.jpg
  • negativo_resort_7.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

All,

I thought this place was great. It was my first ever dive trip (and my first ever SD trip as well) and it was a blast. If you want to see any pictures check out Frank's pictures from the trip.

Scott

:teeth:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#3 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:27 PM

OK, now stop this!! I was just about to post that I was interested in the Bonaire trip - and then you post THIS! Now I have to decide - and no, unfortunately doing both just isn't an option time or money wise :teeth:
"

#4 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:52 PM

Never been there. Details on Arrival / Departure times? Need to check airfare connections. Sounds like a good deal for a lot of diving. I'll leave the partying to Mike!

Edited by Capn Jack, 15 April 2006 - 12:56 PM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#5 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

Never been there. Details on Arrival / Departure times? Need to check airfare connections. Sounds like a good deal for a lot of diving. I'll leave the partying to Mike!

Hey Capn,

Continental flies into Roatan from Houston; I believe the code for Roatan is RTB

#6 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:06 AM

As soon as WW updates the header with deposit requirements, due dates, early birds etc., I'll drop a check - should've given you one last night at HH!!!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#7 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

Decisions, Decisions...but I think I finally decided. If the Bonaire trip goes, I'll go on that instead of this one. If that one doesn't go, then I'll reconsider this trip.
"

#8 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:45 AM

Went there in Sept. Great Place. The food is endless. It's all wall diving - did 3 wall dives a day then a beach dive.

Resort
http://www.fantasyislandresort.com/

Pics [ including me in the cockpit of the TACA Aerobus 320 in the jump seat while landing at Roatan ]
http://www.irishmans.../sept19-05p.htm

Dive Reports
http://www.irishmans...m/sept19-05.htm

Geo / The Irishman

#9 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:43 AM

mapa.jpg vistaaerea.jpg imageLow1.jpg

Mark your calendars...you asked for Roatan and now you've got it!!!

ITS SINGLES WEEK AT FANTASY ISLAND BEACH RESORT!

SingleDivers.com is joining Fantasy Island Beach Resort to bring you the 3rd Annual Singles Fantasy Week in Roatan Sept 2-9, 2006!

You won't want to miss this Singles Extravaganza...over 90 single and buddyless divers from around the world filled the resort to capacity last year!!

This year will be no exception! And for $599 + taxes pp d/o and $799 + taxes pp s/o how can you afford to not join in on all the fun!!!

Included:

Airport Transfers
7 nights and 8 days
Beachfront Air Conditioned Accommodations
3 meals daily (yep meals are included!)
3 boat dives daily
Unlimited Shore Dives
Welcome Cocktail Party sponsored by SingleDivers.com and Fantasy Island Beach Resort
DAILY Organized Events and Games!
LOTS of Prizes....
Pirates and Wenches Costume Party
SD T-shirt and more...

Roatan offers world class diving and our last trip to Roatan was extremely memorable...it even inspired our SD song!

So don't delay...start planning your Labor Day for Fun in the Sun cuz look out Roatan...here we come!!!

AND...Fantasy Island is so excited to have us join them in their event that they are announcing us as their official partner in the June/July issue of Sport Diver Magazine! Stay tuned and we'll post it as soon as it is published! And more industry publicity will be coming out on this event so it will fill up fast...so don't delay if you want a spot on this great trip!

Fantasy Island. :teeth: Been there twice. Once when it was new, and a few years ago when it was being remodeled. I don't usually worry much about food on dive vacations... eating becomes so secondary... but the food here was great. Each day new soups were created by the chef, and they were absolutely great! Lots of fresh fruit and the main course selections were the stuff diets are broken over!

I used the opportunity to teach a wreck diver course while there, diving on the "Prince Albert". Not sure of the wreck's status now, but it was a great opportunity for my group to learn about wreck diving and practice techniques there.

Should be good!

ITB...

:)
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#10 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

Went to CocoView Last October.. Fantastic Place. This sounds like a good deal.. I am interested.
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#11 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

Went to CocoView Last October.. Fantastic Place. This sounds like a good deal.. I am interested.

This is a good deal! we went to Fantasy Island 2 years ago and the price was $800 for the week plus air; to get it for $200 less a steal! Nothing ever actually goes down in price, at least with scuba

I'd be interested as well, except I've burnt all my vacation for the year :birthday:

#12 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

My chain-of-command has approved my request. Deposit check is in the mail
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#13 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

My chain-of-command has approved my request. Deposit check is in the mail

We have you on the list!

#14 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

sounds like a blast..... i will have to clear it with my cat first,,,,,,,,

#15 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

Just in case your not on Sport Divers e-mail list here is their announcement about this trip.
Sport Diver magazine
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users