• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Labor Day Weekend will be a Singles Fantasy...Sept 2-9

• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#1351 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :D
I tutored another guy when I took the Nitrox course and he's still alive!! :teeth:

Excellent! And my slatherin' skills (coupled with my massage training) are legendary!

David

David-

The Atlanta group will be following the yellow brick road through the airport picking up members. You are last to arrive. Tell us where you're coming in from and we'll try to meet you.

#1352 scubaguyd

scubaguyd

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Navy Diver, PADI-Divemaster, NAUI-Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

What airline are you flying, those extra 4 pounds could cost you $100!

I recently called and --Both Delta and Continental (up to 70 lbs)allow overweight baggage w/o charge if it is soley sports gear. I pack all the scuba in one bag with no clothes or other items visable. You may need to show that it is solely sports equipment. Be sure to tell them it is heavey so they can put a "heavy" sticker on it.

I sometimes carry on one of my regs and mask w/ swimsuit in case the luggage is lost so I can dive even if my luggage soesn't make it but that is generally for complicated flight schedules.

Mike

aye me matey Spokane stands correct. Im flyn Continental to Houston Sept2. The less pieces the better?and still have plenty of room & weight leeway for souvenirs.

If your diving with a computer.... the number one mistake made in diving enriched air is forgetting to set your computer. :teeth: dont worry about the math the exam might have the formulas for you? and depending on the CD or Instructor you might be able to use a sheet with the formulas? The PADI instructor manual is not to clear on this?

Edited by scubaguyd, 31 August 2006 - 12:40 PM.

#1353 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:53 PM

I recently called and --Both Delta and Continental (up to 70 lbs)allow overweight baggage w/o charge if it is soley sports gear. I pack all the scuba in one bag with no clothes or other items visable. You may need to show that it is solely sports equipment. Be sure to tell them it is heavey so they can put a "heavy" sticker on it.

I sometimes carry on one of my regs and mask w/ swimsuit in case the luggage is lost so I can dive even if my luggage soesn't make it but that is generally for complicated flight schedules.

Mike

aye me matey Spokane stands correct. Im flyn Continental to Houston Sept2. The less pieces the better?and still have plenty of room & weight leeway for souvenirs.

If your diving with a computer.... the number one mistake made in diving enriched air is forgetting to set your computer. :teeth: dont worry about the math the exam might have the formulas for you? and depending on the CD or Instructor you might be able to use a sheet with the formulas? The PADI instructor manual is not to clear on this?

It doesn't seem like I had to memorize any formula's for the test - then again, as I said, I was doing this at 2300 on a Friday night at my instructors kitchen table - there is a lot I may not remember!
"

#1354 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

I'm flying TACA 431? out of Houston after a short 11am AA flight from Dallas to Houston (look for the guy with the bald head & unkempt beard) :teeth:

#1355 scubaguyd

scubaguyd

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Navy Diver, PADI-Divemaster, NAUI-Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

ifn the enriched air test is PADI or similar the formulas will be provided with the test. You can bring paper, pen, calculator, formulas ? <most CD's will be glad that you have a dive card/slate with different formulas> PADI uses slates. After the certification you will most likely dive with a computer and forget the math? but have the slate/card with formulas or reference your book to use as backup. Simple. Again, ifn you have to set your computer dont forget to set it after you analyze and mark you tank.

#1356 VAglassman

VAglassman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :D
I tutored another guy when I took the Nitrox course and he's still alive!! :teeth:

Excellent! And my slatherin' skills (coupled with my massage training) are legendary!

David

David-

The Atlanta group will be following the yellow brick road through the airport picking up members. You are last to arrive. Tell us where you're coming in from and we'll try to meet you.

Hi,
I'm on:
Washington DC (DCA) to Atlanta (Hartsfield Intl.) Delta
Depart 8:00 AM Arrive 9:47 AM (871 km) Flight: 277

Will you be wearing your ruby red flippers? :banghead:
David

aka: VAGlassman

#1357 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

I hope Ernesto doesn't screw up anyones flights from the east coast.
"

#1358 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

My services as a math tutor are available for a nominal fee. I like gin and tonics, rum punch, tank haulin', gear luggin', sunscreen slatherin' - well just look at Boatlawyer's list of needs for we divin' gals. :banghead:

David

David-

Hi,
I'm on:
Washington DC (DCA) to Atlanta (Hartsfield Intl.) Delta
Depart 8:00 AM Arrive 9:47 AM (871 km) Flight: 277

Will you be wearing your ruby red flippers? :banghead:

Of course! And I'll be carrying my little dog Tusa :D

#1359 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

Simple. Again, ifn you have to set your computer dont forget to set it after you analyze and mark you tank.

And, if it is a nasty beastie like mine, the default is it will go to 50% if you don't update it between dives - so this is a task added to every dive's checklist.

ps - for scubaguyd, I got a recall notice from the USN - check your scubaguyd.com address - you may have one too.... :bam:
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#1360 AirHead

AirHead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

Hey Mark,

I got a recall notice from GM. Is that the same thing??
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#1361 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

The forecast doesn't look good for our 7am departure and if the flight is delayed we will miss our connection (Co 1894) in Houston, we only have a 45 minute layover to play with. Last time this happened they put me on the later flight from Houston but I think that one is full this time.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#1362 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

The forecast doesn't look good for our 7am departure and if the flight is delayed we will miss our connection (Co 1894) in Houston, we only have a 45 minute layover to play with. Last time this happened they put me on the later flight from Houston but I think that one is full this time.

If that later flight is full, I could be in trouble then 'cause I only have 25 minutes in Houston :bam:
"

#1363 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

Simple. Again, ifn you have to set your computer dont forget to set it after you analyze and mark you tank.

And, if it is a nasty beastie like mine, the default is it will go to 50% if you don't update it between dives - so this is a task added to every dive's checklist.

ps - for scubaguyd, I got a recall notice from the USN - check your scubaguyd.com address - you may have one too.... :bam:

USN recall?? Are they trying to make you come back??
"

#1364 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

Mike

If your diving with a computer.... the number one mistake made in diving enriched air is forgetting to set your computer. :bam: dont worry about the math the exam might have the formulas for you? and depending on the CD or Instructor you might be able to use a sheet with the formulas? The PADI instructor manual is not to clear on this?

I've already asked if the formulas were given for the exam... The answer was NO... NAUI is MUCH MORE in depth than PADI... Hench the saying, put your dol.... ahhhh never mind...
Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

#1365 OHDiver

OHDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

Me too! I've been watching that... Working realllll hard at thinking positive here... :bam:

Karen

Karen~

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users