• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Labor Day Weekend will be a Singles Fantasy...Sept 2-9

• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#1381 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

Excellent!!

I've checked in for my flights too...have boarding pass, will travel :cheerleader:

And now for a few reminders!

Don't forget we have an airport tax to pay when we leave. It's $35 USD and payable in cash at the airport when we depart

Next, if you are on the following list:

scubapunk
finGrabber
Bluedreamer
sandiegocarol
alikat
scubaguyd
Stingray1
boatlawyer
Vaglassman
sparky103

I need to collect your Shark Dive payment ASAP...the total including tax is $99 and can be sent via paypal to kamala@singledivers.com; please include your screen name and what the payment is for in the comments section

Don't forget to bring cash for incidentals such as tips for the Fantasy Island staff, if we venture away from the resort for dinner one night, for bar tabs, or general stuff we all find we must have when we travel

WooHoo!! Our trip is finally here and I can't wait!

Kim

#1382 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:08 PM

I'm about half packed, got the AA boarding pass (can we e check-in with TACA?) and ready for a loonnggg vacation! Kim, you out-did yourself on the flights. I'd never have been able to come up with that mix without flying through NJ or NY at least once (worthless Travelocity and AA reservation engines). Cool! And it's less than half the cost that I'd pre-guesstimated using the AA and TACA web searches a few weeks ago. Way cool!!

Off to Roatan.... Posted Image

Expect to see a running commentary as I get sporadic 'net connections all around the Caribbean. :cheerleader:

#1383 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:14 PM

I did the e-checkin with TACA this afternoon! I have my boarding passes all the way down to Roatan :cheerleader: Only 24 more hours and we will ALL be on the beach ( or close to it! )

And you're welcome, Stan! I guess raw access helps tons as I couldn't have figured it all out without that :D or maybe it was the 15 years of airline experience :teeth:

#1384 CA Blade

CA Blade

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/NITROX
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

I suppose I better get offline, and start packing. 18 hours until I'll be in Honduras
The "pirate name" on my eye patch, was supposed to be a math joke... perhaps a bit too obscure. (Several people mentioned that they hate math. Perhaps they also hate math jokes.)
CA Blade

Pi aren't square, pi are round! Cake are square. (...and perhaps the occasional eye patch)

#1385 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

Last Minute Updates!

Hey gang...well its time to hit the road and some of you are in transit but we do have a few last minute details for you.

First off this is officially the largest SD group we've ever had...43 direct booked and another 3 that booked via the resort but wanted to be part of our group. We've worked VERY hard to accommodate all of your special requests and ensure that this is the best vacation and trip you've ever had!

We are VERY excited about this milestone as well as our first ever opportunity to co-sponsor this great Singles Event!

The resort has asked for LOTS of participation and that includes the cosutume party, the daily contests and games as well as mingling with the rest of the participants at the resort. We've ASSURED them that we'll do just that and that our group will CERTAINLY BE INCLUSIVE of the other single and buddyless divers at teh resort...so come on gang and do us proud!!! :cheerleader:

Now for the sanity check...there are always a few things beyond our control and how we deal with them is a truer sign of who we are than what happens to us. While SD works very hard to accommodate everything within our control...those that we can not accommodate, we do our best to deal with in a positive manner and adjust accordingly.

So yes there are a few things beyond our control and here they are:

1. The resort has run out of nitrox due to popular demand so we've been told that if you ordered it early and paid SD that you'll have it. Even if you are willing to pay more for it on island, it is we are being told no longer available.

2. We have we've been told a main bldg near the dive shop that many of us are housed in. We requested that we have bldgs near that central building and the resort has tried its best to accommodate that but we do know that some of you will be scattered throughout the resort especially if you wanted a single room. The resort has tried to keep us together as much as possible but I know that was not entirely possible. We have had a number of rooming lists back and forth between the resort so while we know that the 3 trip leaders are in this primary building (Fingrabber, Capn Jack & ww) we are not sure who else is in the bldg and who else is not. We tried to get the final rooming number but the resort said they were not ready so we'll know tomorrow when we start checking in. (I arrive around 12:30 so I'll be there with the first group and should be in the hotel lobby until we get the last of the group checked in!)

3. Many of you asked for day of arrival diving and we asked the resort if this was possible. We've been told that the dive briefings will all be done on Sunday only so day of arrival diving is not possible but snorkling, freediving, swimming and other welcome activities will be available.

4. Since SD is one of the event's sponsors we fortunately have rec'd a HUGE shipment of t-shirts just in time for this trip. And thanks to the help of ASDMike, Capn Jack, Desert_Diver, Fingrabber and my extra luggage checkin...we'll have a t-shirt for everyone in our group as well as everyone at the resort. We are very excited to be an official sponsor and the new shirts turned out GREAT!!! :D So PLEASE thank your resident SD t-shirt sherpas for making this possible as it is impossible for me to bring computers for DAN testing, school supplies, 115 t-shirts, Happy Hour munchies, oh yes dive gear, clothes and a few personal items without having to buy another ticket to ship it all! But our very own dive sherpas are VERY AWESOME and have graciously offered to help haul all the loot for everyone...so hats off to them and dont' forget to buy them a drink! :teeth:

Well everyone...its T-20 and counting...see you all soon! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#1386 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

No diving tomorrow??! Bah!... But I guess with tomorrow and friday I'll have enough time to explore the island like I wanted WooHoo! See ya around noon Can't wait to meet ya maddam Wench-a-lot!
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#1387 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

Payment Update!

WooHoo!!

We've received payment for our Shark Dive from the following SD'ers:

bluedreamer
sandiegocarol
alikat
scubaguyd
and
boatlawyer!

#1388 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Well, I didn't want to be the first to post in this tread AFTER the trip but since everyone seems to be moving on to other threads or maybe just remembering 9/11 I suppose I'll be the one.

The afternoon Shark Dive: Me has a sneakin' way of gettin' video out to me friends, but it requires a bit of cuttin' & splicin' matey's, and thad'a means me's got to dub me own music. Length limit is 10 mins. so I do's what I can....ENJOY

SHARK DIVE, ROATAN, Thurs Sept. 8th 2006
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#1389 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

Janelle, most people have been posting in this thread

The Fantasy Begins!, SingleDivers.com Trip to Roatan

Rosa

#1390 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:42 PM

Janelle, most people have been posting in this thread

The Fantasy Begins!, SingleDivers.com Trip to Roatan

Rosa

ah, Rosa, yer so :welcome:
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users