• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Jealousy... opposite sex Roommate

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:03 PM

Twinklez,

I'm glad you posted before I did, because my answer would not have been nearly so tactful - so since you put it so well, I'll just say "ditto"!

geez, lighten up people. Get a sense of humor. Save up, surely you will be able to afford one sooner or later. Much of that was tongue in cheek; however, much of it was dead on. If you cant figure out which is which, too bad for you.

Just a friendly neighbourhood mod reminder to keep this non-personal. We are coming close to a line and I just want to make sure no one sticks his/her foot over it!

#47 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

Twinklez,

I'm glad you posted before I did, because my answer would not have been nearly so tactful - so since you put it so well, I'll just say "ditto"!

geez, lighten up people. Get a sense of humor. Save up, surely you will be able to afford one sooner or later. Much of that was tongue in cheek; however, much of it was dead on. If you cant figure out which is which, too bad for you.

I didn't find anything you said to be dead on for any of the people I know or care to associate with. I do not treat people in any of the ways that you describe and I will not tolerate being treated in any of those ways. I'm sure there are those that would say "no loss" to my lack of presence in their lives, but they aren't the ones that matter to me anyway. It's the others, the ones that believe life is filled with quality experiences far beyond simple pleasures of the flesh just for the purpose of saying you did it, or did someone; those are the people that matter to me and those are the people that I matter to. Because my friends and loved ones are not few in numbers I would tend to say that I'm not the only person who feels this way.

#48 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

OK, here is the deal and anyone, man or woman, denies it, they are either lying to themselves or to us. Men, you all know if you have seen a woman naked, you want to see them all naked. And men, you know if you had sex with one of them, you are addicted and want to have sex with all of them.
Now, ok, I admit there are those that we find just plain ole ugly and unattractive and we cannot even get ourselves to think of being with them horizontally but even with those, there comes that day when we have had too much grapejuice or find ourselves in that weird state of mind and presto, we do something regrettable.
Sure men and women can be roommates and it is possible, albeit not probable, they may never be inclinded to do the deed but that is unrealistic. Yea, I know men and women are roommates lots of times but still, it aint natural and it is more than likely it wont be long lasting.
However, after you do the roommate, then it is possible to become only platonic friends. You realize your relationship isnt romantic and a friendship can develop because then and only then can you both permanently find the state of mind where you only communicate via the mind, not body expressions, drool control and desire for the unknown. SO do the roommate, explain it to the potential girlfriend that you have no interest because you sampled the goods and the jealousy will end because surely she will understand that, right?
A girlfriend/boyfriend being jealous because of opposite sex roommates? Jealousy aint pretty and isnt a good quality. If someone you have not even dated yet is already expressing hints of jealousy then you need to steer clear because the future is going to hold a lot of heartache. (Unless she is really fine, I mean bite your lip fine, then ok, go out with her, have sex beyond exhaustion then dump her pronto)
Ya know, it is probably a very good policy to exclude dating someone who has an opposite sex roommate. I wouldnt adopt that policy, I am not excluding anyone, I prefer chancing the heartache, makes life more of a challenge, IYKWIM.

I don't agree with any of this. I have to say that the best roomate I ever had was female and we didn't sleep together. I have two best friend, one of which is female and in 10 years of friendship we have had ANY sexual relations even though we have shared a swag on many occasions to stay warm out bush (or have been two drunk to be bothered rolling out two swags instead of one).

Just a friendly neighbourhood mod reminder to keep this non-personal. We are coming close to a line and I just want to make sure no one sticks his/her foot over it!

Point taken!!

In my opinion men and women can be friends or room mates without sleeping with each other. In my experience if a girlfriend is jealous it may not be for the reasons you think. Different people have different triggers and if you ask what the trigger is you can then address it. For instance I lived with a gay man at one stage and my girlfriend at the time was jelous because I live with such a "hottie" and what a waste it was etc, etc, etc. Not being personally that way inclinded I have to admit I failed to see what she was bent out of shape about but you can see what I mean about being jealous about different reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users