• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05/06 SD PNW 2-Tank Boat Dive & PNW Underwater Hunt weekend

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:14 AM

We're here! Don't expect 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' for tomorrow!

Stan

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:20 AM

The show went REALLY WELL!!! We have LOTS of great news to share with you all and a number of new members! We are leaving for a day of glorious but cold diving in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!!! WOW! it is gorgeous here!

More later...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

We are leaving for a day of glorious but cold diving in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!!! WOW! it is gorgeous here!

Speaking of which....

Attached Images

• 06_SDdive_a04.jpg
  • 06_SDdive_a05.jpg
  • 06_SDdive_a17.jpg.jpg
  • 06_SDdive_a18.jpg
  • 06_SDdive_a20.jpg

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#4 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

Nice pics, Frank! :usflag: But more, please! :dry:

#5 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:21 AM

Due to technical difficulties, I will be posting photos tonight when I have a chance to figure this out.....

Attached Images

• dsc00809__3_.jpg

#6 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:13 AM

..... But more, please!

Geeesh... :usflag:
already with the "More..."

The Diving Diva, just enjoying the green waters of the PNW... waving howdy...
and that dynamic duo: Dive_Girl & cmt489

Soon...
soon...
Sorry you couldn't make it down... looks like they had a good time eh? :dry:

(also, not clear how to upload to the Gallery events... I"m assuming that's where I should put them..)

Attached Images

• 06_SDdive_b13.jpg
  • 06_SDdive_c35.jpg

Edited by fbp, 15 May 2006 - 06:23 AM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#7 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:14 AM

Well this weekend marked my third and fourth drysuit dives which were successful only thanks to the amazing Nicolle (dive_girl). As I had reported in my previous posts about my drysuit certification I was far from comfortable in it. The first dive had my equipment turtle me, causing air to shift around and putting me into a panic attack. My only thought was that I was sure to drown in 10' of water! I surfaced hyperventalting. Nicolle, being the amazing instructor that she is, talked me through this and got me through that dive. We even managed to see some pretty amazing stuff!

The next dive went MUCH smoother and I felt much more at ease. I had my bearings much better and had some confidence that I could do it at this point. Visibility was very low and having lost my light on the first dive during my little panic attack, I was lucky that Nicolle had such a great light! Got to see a wolf eel get way too close and personal with Nicolle without having bought her a couple of drinks before hand. It was her time to panic as he snuck up on her and landed on her hand (of course, she is the only crazy PNW diver I know who dives without any gloves!). :usflag:

All in all I had a great experience this weekend, thanks in part to Kamala and all of the SD gang, Banditos Dive Charter but, most of all, due to my friend Nicolle for making sure I got this done! If you ever have a chance to be trained by her TAKE IT! I have had many very good instructors in my life but I have to say that she is by far the best that I have ever had the honour of knowing!

#8 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

We even managed to see some pretty amazing stuff!

We got lucky and spotted May's PNW Critter of the Month - the Grunt Sculpin!!!! :dry: :) :cool1:

Visibility was very low and having lost my light on the first dive during my little panic attack, I was lucky that Nicolle had such a great light!

And this instructor needs to learn to stow her darn light cord quicker by looking at our safety stop picture Frank posted above! Dar...... :P

Got to see a wolf eel get way too close and personal with Nicolle without having bought her a couple of drinks before hand. It was her time to panic as he snuck up on her and landed on her hand (of course, she is the only crazy PNW diver I know who dives without any gloves!).

Yeah, in all my years that one was a new one on me!! He totally nudged me and laid out on my hand like a cat! :o :D

Well this weekend marked my third and fourth drysuit dives which were successful only thanks to the amazing Nicolle (dive_girl). As I had reported in my previous posts about my drysuit certification I was far from comfortable in it. The first dive had my equipment turtle me, causing air to shift around and putting me into a panic attack. My only thought was that I was sure to drown in 10' of water! I surfaced hyperventalting. Nicolle, being the amazing instructor that she is, talked me through this and got me through that dive.

Michelle (cmt489) is far too kind. SHE is an amazingly tough gal who took control of her dive gear and her dive. My hood is off to her diligence and her personal confidence. Thank YOU for being my dive buddy! :D

Michelle (cmt489) really sums it up:

All in all I had a great experience this weekend, thanks in part to Kamala and all of the SD gang, Banditos Dive Charter...

I also want to thank Michelle again for being my dive buddy and my cohort in mischeviousness and crime this weekend! I'm not sure how WW survived the tag team! :P

The local SD gang was fantastic to see and dive with again. The Treasure Hunt was fun to watch. We met lots of new people. I also met people I have corresponded with about scuba via dive forums as well as said hello to many familiar faces. I had the the pleasure of watching some of my own former students out there in the water having fun on the hunt! And some of the Banditos crew (thank you RJ and Tanni!!) were kind enough to take me out for a spin on the inflateable showing me a new dive spot (I also learned how fast inflateables can go and turn head out of wind to breathe)!! We also had time to brain storm for some new creatives things for SD - more to come on that one later! :cool1:

All in all, an excellent weekend!
:usflag: SingleDivers!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#9 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:02 PM

As promised, photos from the Happy Hour have now been uploaded to the Gallery here

#10 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:46 PM

:D
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#11 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

As promised, photos from the Happy Hour have now been uploaded to the Gallery here

Ok, I'm shocked. I'm embarrassed that I ignored you on the dive. I mistook you for some teenage friend of somebody on the boat.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#12 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:43 PM

LMAO! You can't be serious?!?! I mean, I know I got carded A LOT last weekend but a teenager?!?!?! Okay, I will forgive you for not hugging me goodbye then!

#13 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

OMG - we are going to have to order an XXXL hood for cmt489!!! hee hee

Now we know why he didn't hug you - he was afraid he'd be breaking laws!! :teeth:

#14 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:56 PM

LMAO! You can't be serious?!?! I mean, I know I got carded A LOT last weekend but a teenager?!?!?! Okay, I will forgive you for not hugging me goodbye then!

Serious. I was thinking some 19-22yo hanging out with us geezers for whatever reason, had no idea who you were. I'll more than make up for the hugs next time.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#15 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:07 PM

Snorting! Only 11 to 14 years off with that age range! :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users