• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Going back to work...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:55 PM

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know I'm sorry I've not been around for the past few months. I've had a hard and stressful past 3 months while I was unemployed.. BUT, I am now happy to say I finally landed a job.

It's truly been a rough road for me on all of this since it had been 20+ years since I've been in the job market so it's taken a few trial and errors in the beginning with interviews and learning about resumes, etc..

However, after going on 6 interviews with one company, a one day and back trip to Ontario, Canada, being told I would recieve some kind of an offer, having them resind on that and then change their mind and bring me in for a 3 month contract all because the job is new and very undefined has been frustrating... yet, just the same I'm glad to be returning to work as this unemployment thing really STINKS!!!

I'm probably still not going to be able to jump online and spend much time as I once did, but will certainly drop in from time to time when I can.. I hope everyone is doing well and I miss ya'll!!

Dejah

#2 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:05 PM

Congratulations, Dejah! :birthday:

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:55 AM

:birthday: Welcome back Dejah and good luck with the new job, I missed you
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:13 AM

that's great Deb! Hope the contract turns in to a permanent one!
Known puker

#5 AirHead

AirHead

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:02 AM

Congratulations on the new job Deb. I hope it turns out to be a permanent one.

I hope to see you on a trip again.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#6 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:21 PM

Congrats Dejah! May it turn into the dream job - I'm sure you can make it just that.

Edited by nextariel, 27 May 2006 - 12:23 PM.

Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#7 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

Great news, Deb. Best of luck. :P

Rick

:birthday:

#8 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

Congratulations!!! :birthday:

I also think I read in another thread you were on your way to the next DFW HH - hope to see you there, and hear all about the new gig.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#9 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:50 PM

Thanks all for the congrats... I've now made it through my second week and been going non-stop working some 10 and 11 hour days and many more to come, but lovin it just the same and the new group I work with is great and very supportive so that helps... and believe me the unemployment thing unless by choice really stinks!

Dejah

#10 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:19 AM

Missed your first post about this, but I'm chiming in late with congats and I hope you continue to enjoy your job.

#11 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

:banghead: Congratualtions Deb!!

I've done the unemployed thing so I know how you feel.

Hope to see you again on a SD trip someday.

#12 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

Deb, so glad to hear it is going well (few more hours than I lie) and your coworkers are cool.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#13 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:32 PM

CONGRATS Dejah! We miss you online, but are more happy that you are with work!! They lucked out getting you!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#14 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

Excellent now you can buy me dinner!

#15 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

Excellent now you can buy me dinner!

Jimmy you are too funny!

Well now for an update to this, I have now reached the end of my 3 month contract and have recently been offered a permanent position with this company. Currently were in the process of negociations, but after that's completed I will start as a regular employee on September 3rd... YIPPEE!!!

After the intial paperwork is completed as well I will probably be travelling up to the Ontario, Canada area for a few days to attend orientation and hang out with some of the crazy canadian co-workers I talk with on a weekly basis..

Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes, it was a very difficult time while I was unemployed and came too close for comfort in regards to loosing a lot during that time, but luckly through the grace of god things turned out ok.

Dejah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users