• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/PA Tri-state July HH

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:47 AM

Hey all,

I'm actually free to dive that weekend and I'd be willing to run the gear clinic/tek prep if anyone is interested.

~ Trace

Great news, and welcome to our NY/NJ/PA HH, Trace! Happy to see you back on SD! :birthday:

I will be discussing this clinic with Trace and will work it into the dive weekend. I'll update the header post once I've firmed up some details regarding the training in the next few days. How exciting! :cool1:

:diver: Trace! Looking forward to diving with you in Dutch Springs! :diver:

#62 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:51 AM

Hey all,

I'm actually free to dive that weekend and I'd be willing to run the gear clinic/tek prep if anyone is interested.

~ Trace

I'm definitely interested. count me in.

Does this mean you won't spearhead the BBQ effort? :birthday: No worries, I'm sure others can help out! :diver:

#63 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hey!! This might be something I can actually join in on!! Esp. if Keith is going!!! Woo Hoo!!! Have to check the calendar.

Typically, when I goto Dutch I stay at the comfort inn just down the street.

Please remember 'happy juice' is illegal at Dutch. I don't know what they do when they find people with it. Anyone who's been there knows the camping areas are not very big. The new bathrooms are nice however!

And nitrox is worth it too!! There are deep enough areas. Under the helo it gets 70ft.
Sempar Partus!!

#64 sjkocis

sjkocis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level: O.W
  • Logged Dives:80 +

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

Sounds like a great weekend! I had a great time at the june HH and expect I will
be able to make the camp out at DS

Steve

:cheerleader: sjkocis

#65 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

Does this mean you won't spearhead the BBQ effort? :cheerleader: No worries, I'm sure others can help out! :wakawaka:

I still want to fulfill my barbecure duties. Maybe I'll do a barbecure clinic... (top ten barbecue mistakes, how to treat grease burns, forest fire control, etc.). :P

We just have to schedule separate times for barbecue and diving activities.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#66 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

Hey all,

~ Trace

:hiya: Trace That sounds great, coz I'm always interested in my newest hobby/obsession/spender of all my money :lmao: But my greatest concern is will you be able to help with my situation: I recently took my aow class :cheerleader: but haven't yet done my dives, and DS requires aow to night dive :P -----unless an instructor is with! I presently have 37 logged dives including a night dive and multiple dives in excess of 90'. I'm not asking you to sign my log -just to satisfy DS rules so I don't sit on the shore crying while the rest dive at night :wakawaka: jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#67 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:42 PM

Hey all,

~ Trace

:hiya: Trace That sounds great, coz I'm always interested in my newest hobby/obsession/spender of all my money :lmao: But my greatest concern is will you be able to help with my situation: I recently took my aow class :cheerleader: but haven't yet done my dives, and DS requires aow to night dive :P -----unless an instructor is with! I presently have 37 logged dives including a night dive and multiple dives in excess of 90'. I'm not asking you to sign my log -just to satisfy DS rules so I don't sit on the shore crying while the rest dive at night :wakawaka: jeff

Yeah, I can satisfy the instructor being there requirement.

~ Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#68 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:13 PM

Does this mean you won't spearhead the BBQ effort? :wakawaka: No worries, I'm sure others can help out! :hiya:

I still want to fulfill my barbecure duties. Maybe I'll do a barbecure clinic... (top ten barbecue mistakes, how to treat grease burns, forest fire control, etc.). :lmao:

:cheerleader: The barbecue clinic is on! I'll have to take careful notes to learn what not to do at a barbecue! :P

Of course we will have ample time to do both! But I'm hoping we get to do more diving than burning--I mean grilling! :D

#69 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

Hey!! This might be something I can actually join in on!! Esp. if Keith is going!!! Woo Hoo!!! Have to check the calendar.

Typically, when I goto Dutch I stay at the comfort inn just down the street.

Please remember 'happy juice' is illegal at Dutch. I don't know what they do when they find people with it. Anyone who's been there knows the camping areas are not very big. The new bathrooms are nice however!

And nitrox is worth it too!! There are deep enough areas. Under the helo it gets 70ft.

Heather, that would be great if another Angel came! :cheerleader: :wakawaka: But you can't leave me and Ellen in a tent full of guys! :hiya: I fully intend on fixing the rules to include 'watermelons' of a certain variety. :P

#70 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

Sounds like a great weekend! I had a great time at the june HH and expect I will
be able to make the camp out at DS

Steve

:cheerleader: sjkocis

Steve, always glad to have you at our shindig, being you were a part of the 1st HH! :wakawaka:

#71 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

Hey all,

~ Trace

:hiya: Trace That sounds great, coz I'm always interested in my newest hobby/obsession/spender of all my money :lmao: But my greatest concern is will you be able to help with my situation: I recently took my aow class :cheerleader: but haven't yet done my dives, and DS requires aow to night dive :tears: -----unless an instructor is with! I presently have 37 logged dives including a night dive and multiple dives in excess of 90'. I'm not asking you to sign my log -just to satisfy DS rules so I don't sit on the shore crying while the rest dive at night :thankyou: jeff

Yeah, I can satisfy the instructor being there requirement.

~ Trace

Trace, you are a godsend for this HH planner and my buddy Jeff! :thankyou:

Jeff, let's see if your Hawaiian shirt will glow in the dark! :cool1:

#72 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:12 AM

Hey all,

~ Trace

Well hello stranger. I didn't even wish you a :) because I didn't think you were around anymore.

#73 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:55 AM

Hey all,

~ Trace

Well hello stranger. I didn't even wish you a :) because I didn't think you were around anymore.

Hi, Ellen!

I'm still around despite the efforts of sharks trying to kill me and former Miss Fitness NJ's breaking my heart. I'll have to tell you the story about losing my favorite surfboard and my fiancee in the same week.

(Note to all about the HH Clinic: It was decided that I really shouldn't do anything formal so I'm just showing up to dive, but if anyonewants to learn anything, I'd be glad to help people out with gear, skills or questions.)

~ Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#74 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

I still want to fulfill my barbecure duties. Maybe I'll do a barbecure clinic... (top ten barbecue mistakes, how to treat grease burns, forest fire control, etc.). :D

Since you're the grillmaster, Monte, I'm requesting permission to bring shrimp kabobs.

Rick
:D

#75 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

Hi, Ellen!

I'm still around despite the efforts of sharks trying to kill me and former Miss Fitness NJ's breaking my heart. I'll have to tell you the story about losing my favorite surfboard and my fiancee in the same week.

(Note to all about the HH Clinic: It was decided that I really shouldn't do anything formal so I'm just showing up to dive, but if anyonewants to learn anything, I'd be glad to help people out with gear, skills or questions.)

~ Trace

Wow. Sorry to hear about your losses. But glad you'll be joining us. :D

Do you need me to bring another grill? I have a gas table top one. It's not big but it can grill maybe 5 or 6 hamburgers at a time.

Shrimp kabobs. OK. It's set. I'm going. Trace and shrimp!! Who could resist? Even if the water is cold and yucky. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users