• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/PA Tri-state July HH

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#91 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:59 AM

Nope, I'd be diving...thats why I got my drysuit! I was poking a little fun at some of my fellow VA divers who don't like the quarries. Everytime I tried to get some of them to hit our local quarry all I got was "It's too cold" or "I don't do quarries."

Hey Vinny, if all of us would own a drysuit, Milbrooks would be ok :) And remember that some of us dove in 3 mm wetsuits in Myrtle Beach and 7 mm in Rawlings while you wore your drysuit. :wakawaka:
Btw, I am going to Rawlings this weekend with one of our local guys. Let me know if you want to join us. But hmm ... as far as I know you are still stuck working in SC.

#92 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

I did a quick perusal of the thread and this is the list of those likely to attend (the whoel time, or part):

1. Latitude Adjustment
2. Fairybasslet
3. nyc-diver
4. bubbleboy
5. VADiver
6. tpits1
7. hipshot
8. ddierolf
9. tracemalin
10. solodiver in NJ
11. hnladue
12. sjkocis
13. sparky103

is this everyone? did I miss anyone? is everyone still planning on attending?

Tolly

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#93 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

I probably won't be coming as I have a CG event that weekend. Oh swell!!
Sempar Partus!!

#94 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

Hi, All!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the HH. I just found out that I have to work during that weekend. :tears:

But don't worry--the HH is still on! :cheerleader: Details on who will be leading this fine group are forthcoming.

I hope you all have fun at Dutch Springs. Enjoy the diving, the food, the company, and the camping! :cool1:

Best,

Jemiah

That's a bummer for you Got Air. You've put so much into this already.

But don't worry, the show will go on...and I'm sure there will be others that you can attend (those investment bankers have to sleep sometime :D )

As I mentioned, I will be happy to do the food shopping. If you can tell me what you had in mind for the group meals and approximate number of attendees, that would help.

Also, let me know if we need more large pots, cook stoves, etc. Not that I have any of this stuff, but I can try to round it up if we need it. I will definitely work on getting some coolers lined up to transport the cold food.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#95 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

DRCKW told me she is coming up for the diving but not the camping.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#96 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

Hi, All!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the HH. I just found out that I have to work during that weekend. :fish2:

But don't worry--the HH is still on! :welcome: Details on who will be leading this fine group are forthcoming.

I hope you all have fun at Dutch Springs. Enjoy the diving, the food, the company, and the camping! :angel2:

Best,

Jemiah

Sorry to hear your work is getting in the way of diving and fun :fish:
BTW, I tried replying to your PM but you box is full.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#97 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:27 AM

Yes we are coming down to the wire for next weekend. Haven't heard anything specific about food requirements, but in liu of that, I'm going to assume 12 attendees and shop for a lunch / dinner / breakfast for the group. Nothing fancy, just the basics i.e., burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, etc. If you have special food needs or interests feel free to bring your own extras. I know that some don't plan to be there for the entire time, so maybe we will work the reimbursement on a per meal basis. If there is any money left over after collection, we can save it for the next HH.

I am assuming that someone (besides me) is bringing a grill. If that person is you, let me know if you want me to get briquettes, lighter fluid, or whatever we need to operate it.

WHAT ABOUT BEARS?

I've never been to Dutch, so I don't have a feel for whether we will have a bear problem with our food. Do we need to keep it up out of reach during the night? Or maybe we can just take turns guarding it :-D
Anyone with thoughts on this chime in.
BB

#98 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

Guarding it? Who is going to supply the weapons? I tell you, if I continue to have a week like I had this week, I am not going because I will probably wind up with DCS or drown or something. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have had any luck this week. I'm glad it's almost over.

#99 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

Guarding it? Who is going to supply the weapons? I tell you, if I continue to have a week like I had this week, I am not going because I will probably wind up with DCS or drown or something. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have had any luck this week. I'm glad it's almost over.

OK FB, we will excuse you from bear-watch. But you have to come and help me cook, otherwise we may be hunting bear just to eat. :rolleyes:
BB

#100 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:01 AM

Here is what I had in mind to get for the group meals:

Saturday Lunch:

Sandwich Rolls
Coldcuts
Sliced cheeses
Tomatoes
Shredded Lettuce
Condiments, salt, pepper
Cold Salads
Fruit
Snacks (Chips and dips)
Soft drinks, bottled water

Saturday Dinner:

Burgers
Hotdogs
Tomatoes
Onions
Condiments, salt, pepper
Potato Salad
Corn on the cob
Fesh vegetable Snacks
Desert (suggestions)
Soft drinks, bottled water, coffee

Sunday Breakfast:

Scrambled Eggs
Instant Oatmeal
Croissants
Chunk Cheese
Donuts / cookies / pastries
Fruits
Juices, bottled water, Coffee

Supplies:

Styro Cups
Plastic Ware
Plates
Napkins
Table Cloths
Trash Bags
Charcoal
Lighter Fluid
Masking Tape

I think I can do this for about $7-8 per meal per person. I plan to go food shopping on Friday afternoon, so if everyone attending can let me know by Thursday night which group meals they want to participate in, that will help me gauge the amount and keep the cost down.

Finally, I found a decent cooler, but I need others to commit to bringing a grill, camp stove, and a few large pots. If you can bring any of this let me know too. Rustic is one thing, but I don't think we want to be eating raw hamburgers :)

Edited by BubbleBoy, 23 July 2006 - 12:49 PM.

BB

#101 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

Oh great. I broke a glass in my kitchen and the glass shattered all over the floor. Of course I was barefoot. I always go barefoot if it's not too cold. So guess what I did. Of course I cut the bottom of my foot. I've been limping and now my knee hurts.
I took my reg an Air2 in to be serviced and it may be ready by Sat. I'm not sure and I won't know until Friday. I've spent over $700 on my car the past two weeks. I'm telling you, it's beginning to feel more and more like maybe I wasn't meant to go on this trip. But I do have Bonaire in 3 weeks.

#102 Reef Rider

Reef Rider

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - Could use help w/Nav skills - Deepest Dive Blue Hole Belize; most dives in the Caribbean
  • Logged Dives:96

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:33 PM

Hi to the NY/NJ/PA Group!

I'm your newest area member. LatAdj asked me if I would be joining you for this w/ends HH & as much as I would like to (sounds like a blast & haven't been in the water since Dec) :P I won't be able too.

I know I'm jumping the gun but any idea on where or when the August HH will be? Look forward to meeting you all soon!

#103 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hi, All!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the HH. I just found out that I have to work during that weekend. :fish:

But don't worry--the HH is still on! :fish2: Details on who will be leading this fine group are forthcoming.

I hope you all have fun at Dutch Springs. Enjoy the diving, the food, the company, and the camping! :fish2:

Best,

Jemiah

I'm sooooo upset to hear you can't come :lmao: We will all miss you--and your "special watermelons" but we'll definitely report back with pics! :lmao: jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#104 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

BubbleBoy, I won't be there for Saturdays dinner.

Reef Rider, sorry to hear you won't be there :fish2:

Signed and Dated

#105 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

Here is what I had in mind to get for the group meals:

Saturday Lunch:

Sandwich Rolls
Coldcuts
Sliced cheeses
Tomatoes
Shredded Lettuce
Condiments, salt, pepper
Cold Salads
Fruit
Snacks (Chips and dips)
Soft drinks, bottled water

Saturday Dinner:

Burgers
Hotdogs
Tomatoes
Onions
Condiments, salt, pepper
Potato Salad
Corn on the cob
Fesh vegetable Snacks
Desert (suggestions)
Soft drinks, bottled water, coffee

Sunday Breakfast:

Scrambled Eggs
Instant Oatmeal
Croissants
Chunk Cheese
Donuts / cookies / pastries
Fruits
Juices, bottled water, Coffee

Supplies:

Styro Cups
Plastic Ware
Plates
Napkins
Table Cloths
Trash Bags
Charcoal
Lighter Fluid
Masking Tape

I think I can do this for about $7-8 per meal per person. I plan to go food shopping on Friday afternoon, so if everyone attending can let me know by Thursday night which group meals they want to participate in, that will help me gauge the amount and keep the cost down.

Finally, I found a decent cooler, but I need others to commit to bringing a grill, camp stove, and a few large pots. If you can bring any of this let me know too. Rustic is one thing, but I don't think we want to be eating raw hamburgers :fish2:

Not a grill but how about a 2 burner propane stove?I also have 2 Igloo playmate coolers and can freeze some water bottles. Also, after my freezer quit, I marinated the london broil to give myself time to cook everything else! Now that it's been cooked (rare), do you think I should slice it up for some steak sandwiches? I might even be persuaded to make some peppers & mushrooms to top them. If you want philly-cheesesteaks though---I dont know how. Let me know either way. jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users