• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/PA Tri-state July HH

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#106 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:40 PM

I'm still going :fish2: BTW is there still some talk about someone buying coupons for Nitrox fills. If it can be done online and you need a patsy--er--volunteer, I'll do it :fish2: jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#107 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

I'm still going :taz: BTW is there still some talk about someone buying coupons for Nitrox fills. If it can be done online and you need a patsy--er--volunteer, I'll do it :lmao: jeff

Hey, Jeff!

I am soooo sad that I won't be able to do the night dive with you to see your Hawaiian shirt glow in the dark! :lmao:

Yes, I was going to pick-up a coupon book, but now that's a moot point. You'd have to get others to commit to diving air or nitrox, since the coupon book is one or the other. The coupons are per fill, so for 10 people at 2 tanks minimum for one day, it is doable. Even better since there will be night dives and next day dives, too. I don't think it can be done online, so you'll have to swing by DS. Hope this helps. Enjoy! :lmao:

Best,

Jemiah

#108 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

Not a grill but how about a 2 burner propane stove?I also have 2 Igloo playmate coolers and can freeze some water bottles. Also, after my freezer quit, I marinated the london broil to give myself time to cook everything else! Now that it's been cooked (rare), do you think I should slice it up for some steak sandwiches? I might even be persuaded to make some peppers & mushrooms to top them. If you want philly-cheesesteaks though---I dont know how. Let me know either way. jeff

Yes, definitely bring the propoane stove and coolers with as much ice or frozen water bottles as possible. The london broil sounds great too. I say bring anything in the way of food that you are interested in.

Any chance you have a large pot to put on the stove? Something to boil water in for making coffee, cooking corn, etc. Bring that too if you have it.

Hey, we may just survive this trip after all.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#109 nyc-diver

nyc-diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

Sorry to say I have to drop out because of an illness in my family. I'm counting on you all to have a great time, and I'm definitely on board for the next one.

Dave

#110 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:42 AM

Do we also want to take a poll as to who's diving air vs nitrox ? :cheerleader: We can still get a book of coupons Sat. morning before any fills. :banghead:

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

#111 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:51 AM

My knee is decidedly worse today. I truly doubt it will be better by Sat. And since I am going to Bonaire in 3 weeks, I really don't want to take any changes messing it up.

#112 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

Well I'm affraid I'm going to bail on this one as well, I won't have the X-ray reports till tomorrow but it looks like I picked up a sinus infection in Coz :P
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#113 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

BB, the meal plan looks excellent for the weekend. I suggest a headcount of 10 for each meal should about cover it. See my PM to you for more details.

I suggest everyone bring their own beverages. I will provide bottled water (in bulk) so bring your sippee cups/water bottles. I will also acquire all our ice for the weekend.

stove: sparky, please bring yours
grill: I will make sure this and and needed supplies will be there for us.

pots: I have a several large enough for 10 ears of corn, so I will bring them.

tents: I have a large 4 man cabin style with 3 air mattresses I am bringing. Who else has and what size so we can plan accordingly?

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#114 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

BB, the meal plan looks excellent for the weekend. I suggest a headcount of 10 for each meal should about cover it. See my PM to you for more details.

I suggest everyone bring their own beverages. I will provide bottled water (in bulk) so bring your sippee cups/water bottles. I will also acquire all our ice for the weekend.

stove: sparky, please bring yours
grill: I will make sure this and and needed supplies will be there for us.

pots: I have a several large enough for 10 ears of corn, so I will bring them.

tents: I have a large 4 man cabin style with 3 air mattresses I am bringing. Who else has and what size so we can plan accordingly?

I have a very personal-sized tent ! 2 propane lanterns. Check on the stove.

#115 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

Y'all are getting close for this fun Dutch Springs weekend! Wish I was closer and could attend. Since I can't, I thought I'd help out by reading through your thread and updating the first post in the thread that has all your info. CLICK HERE TO READ

I have bolded in purple names of people who have offered to bring items or coordinate parts of the weekend (like air fill booklets). Please read through the post, see where you are listed, and note there are some outstanding items in regards to:

1. What are you bringing?
2. Who is camping?
3. Are you diving Air or Nitrox?
4. Are you carpooling and with who?

Please either post here or PM Tolly so he may update the first post.

HAVE A FABULOUS TIME EVERYONE!!
:P
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#116 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

excellent....i have a lantern as well...

it should be very illuminating.... :clapping: :P :diver:

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#117 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hey Dive Girl, are you sure you don't want to bring some "whips and chains" to what seems to be an all male HH? :clapping: I think we'll have some refreshingly cool water( similar to PNW)!! :diver: Thanks for all your help :P See you, S103

#118 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

I have bolded in purple names of people who have offered to bring items or coordinate parts of the weekend (like air fill booklets). Please read through the post, see where you are listed, and note there are some outstanding items in regards to:

2. Who is camping?

:bam:

1. I'm going to get the food and supplies on the list I posted, ex what Tolly and others have volunteered to bring. Will plan on meals for 8-10.

Also bringing a few extra pieces of dive gear, just in case someone forgets or theirs breaks down. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra regulator, so if anyone does, maybe they can bring it.

2. I'll be camping. Bringing a large tarp, rope, stakes, light tools, hand saw.

3. I was going to dive air, but if we need one more to get a group deal on nitrox, I'll join in.

4. Driving from Randolph NJ, probably going down 287 then out Rt 78. Could pick someone up on the way, but only have extra room now for your light dive gear. If I see anyone hitchiking with a tank on their back, I promise I will stop.

Looks like the weather is going to be great on Saturday. Maybe a few showers on Sunday, but nothing serious.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#119 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

2. Who is camping?

:bam:

1. I'm going to get the food and supplies on the list I posted, ex what Tolly and others have volunteered to bring. Will plan on meals for 8-10.

Also bringing a few extra pieces of dive gear, just in case someone forgets or theirs breaks down. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra regulator, so if anyone does, maybe they can bring it.

2. I'll be camping. Bringing a large tarp, rope, stakes, light tools, hand saw.

3. I was going to dive air, but if we need one more to get a group deal on nitrox, I'll join in.

4. Driving from Randolph NJ, probably going down 287 then out Rt 78. Could pick someone up on the way, but only have extra room now for your light dive gear. If I see anyone hitchiking with a tank on their back, I promise I will stop.

Looks like the weather is going to be great on Saturday. Maybe a few showers on Sunday, but nothing serious.

I was taught that showers= fresh water rinse :diver:

#120 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

I will be :diver: Nitrox with my brand new temporary EAN card :bam: Woo-Hoo!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users