• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/PA Tri-state July HH

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

Okay, guys, I've found myself with a bit of problem with the HH. One of my former students wants some freediving coaching with his competition blades this weekend. I invited him to join the HH, but as he is single and a diver he doesn't want to be seen as a single male diver seeking a female sea princess for loving relationship or any of that nonsense. I told him that SD was not a dating site, but he has a huge problem with his fragile ego in even being associated with such a concept by people who might think SD is in fact a dating site. So, I will be there and I'll probably swing by if I can get him to be seen in the vicinity of a SingleDivers.com banner.

As for the night dive, Dutch Springs has pulled a George Orwell and in the spirit of "1984" they know that I have yet to pay my insurance since they have everything in their computer on my professional status. If anyone would like to make a night dive with me as an instructor it will cost $581.00. Either that or get me a few students. I'm presently employed as a commercial diver removing flucculent silt since I tore my ACL, MCL, & PCL and got laid off my beach lifeguard supervisor job and I've been too busy to think about teaching diving and equally as lethargic about paying my insurance for students I don't yet have. :bam:

Jeff, if you need an instructor & if Dutch won't let me make sure you don't drown, I'll find you an instructor if I can. However, I'm not too proud to accept a $581.00 gratuity for dive guiding. :diver:

Trace

Edited by TraceMalin, 27 July 2006 - 06:50 PM.

Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#122 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

Okay, guys, I've found myself with a bit of problem with the HH. One of my former students wants some freediving coaching with his competition blades this weekend. I invited him to join the HH, but as he is single and a diver he doesn't want to be seen as a single male diver seeking a female sea princess for loving relationship or any of that nonsense. I told him that SD was not a dating site, but he has a huge problem with his fragile ego in even being associated with such a concept by people who might think SD is in fact a dating site. So, I will be there and I'll probably swing by if I can get him to be seen in the vicinity of a SingleDivers.com banner.

As for the night dive, Dutch Springs has pulled a George Orwell and in the spirit of "1984" they know that I have yet to pay my insurance since they have everything in their computer on my professional status. If anyone would like to make a night dive with me as an instructor it will cost $581.00. Either that or get me a few students. I'm presently employed as a commercial diver removing flucculent silt since I tore my ACL, MCL, & PCL and got laid off my beach lifeguard supervisor job and I've been too busy to think about teaching diving and equally as lethargic about paying my insurance for students I don't yet have. :diver:

Jeff, if you need an instructor & if Dutch won't let me make sure you don't drown, I'll find you an instructor if I can. However, I'm not too proud to accept a $581.00 gratuity for dive guiding. :D

Trace

Well I appreciate your lack of pride, but don't worry as soon as my buddy comes around the corner he'll land on Boardwalk (with a Hotel) and I'll have more than enough $ :bam: PS; Got change of a $ 1,000.00 ? :twist: S103
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#123 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

Hey Dive Girl, are you sure you don't want to bring some "whips and chains" to what seems to be an all male HH? :teeth: I think we'll have some refreshingly cool water( similar to PNW)!! :P Thanks for all your help :canuckdiver: See you, S103

Looking at the line up I have no doubt y'all will heat that water up! Who-hoo!!!!! :canada:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#124 ddierolf

ddierolf

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

I may actually be able to at least show up for a few dives on this HH. I only live 1 hour from Dutch and I have it on my calendar.

Fantastic, Dennis! :welcome: I'll finally get to meet and dive with the baby! :taz:

Well interesting enough. You are the only one I saw at Dutch Springs and got to meet! I am glad that I noticed you in your car and said Hello to ya!!! I know you probably thought who is this idiot walking up to my car! :) I arrived at Dutch about 9:45 am on Sat. I searched the entire quarry at least 5 times and was unable to find anyone from SD. I asked the staff a few times if anyone from SD had shown up and they said a few people did, but darn if they knew where anyone was. I hope whoever did show up at least got to dive and have fun. I am happy that I did get to meet Jemiah.

Edited by ddierolf, 29 July 2006 - 11:17 AM.

Which end is up?

#125 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:42 PM

Well, that sucks that you couldn't find anyone. I stopped at my LDS this morning to pick up my reg and Air2 from servicing, and lo and behold, it wasn't even ready. So even if my knee was feeling better (which it was but my ankle on that same leg was hurting [getting older really sucks :welcome: ]) I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. It just better be ready before I go to Bonaire. And this body of mine better straighten itself out.

#126 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

Well, sadly, the turnout was pretty small, BubbleBoy and Sparky103 met up Saturday morning and we made camp straight in from the front gate.

We did two afternoon dives and BB and Sparky made a night dive, while I provided land support. Air temps were in the mid 90's Saturday and surface temps were generally in the upper 70's, with the temps dropping quickly to the mid 60's @ 30'. Having only a 3mm, no hood or gloves, I spen most of my time at the 25' mark.

Hot summer day, cold water and lots of equipment made for a very early and quiet evening.

On Sunday after a breakfast at BubbleBoy's B&B, we headed to the far end of the quarry where the masses of classes made for a somewhat disjointed dive profile.

Back to camp for some lunch and air refills, when who should come strolling up but Trace and Jemiah, who made it to Dutch for the weekend after all. I am glad her project at work wrapped up early and she was able to surprise us. :teeth:

A long first dive of the afternoon shortly followed with Trace leading us through a very long dive that took us to the "Texas Sized" rigging, the underwater stairs, the pumphouse swim through and the "secret" airplane.

After two hours in the water, I broke away from the group early and headed back to camp to break down and pack up the reamins of our camp. BubbleBoy and Sparky103 met up with me a short time later and as I headed off home, they headed back into the water for their 6th and last dive of the weekend. I will leave it to them to finish out the report...

Thanks Bubbleboy and Sparky for making the trip out to Dutch and hitting the water with me. Thanks Trace for the long guided tour and Thanks Jemiah for the pleasant surprise appearance.

:wavey:

Tolly (aka George)

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#127 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

where were you guys at? I searched for over 3 hours on saturday looking for where you were at.

Which end is up?

#128 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:13 PM

where were you guys at? I searched for over 3 hours on saturday looking for where you were at.

Straight in from the main gate...but, you had to go around the row of "log" trailers just in from the gate.

There is an open field with the T-shirt shop to the left. We were smack dab in the middle of it under the trees in the center...

My Xterra (with SD/DAN stickers on it) was parked right near it.

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#129 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

Straight in from the main gate...but, you had to go around the row of "log" trailers just in from the gate.

There is an open field with the T-shirt shop to the left. We were smack dab in the middle of it under the trees in the center...

My Xterra (with SD/DAN stickers on it) was parked right near it.

I walked by you 4 times. I was parked right down from the last log trailer. So how was the diving? The water looked great.

Which end is up?

#130 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:40 AM

I may actually be able to at least show up for a few dives on this HH. I only live 1 hour from Dutch and I have it on my calendar.

Fantastic, Dennis! :P I'll finally get to meet and dive with the baby! :P

Well interesting enough. You are the only one I saw at Dutch Springs and got to meet! I am glad that I noticed you in your car and said Hello to ya!!! I know you probably thought who is this idiot walking up to my car! :P I arrived at Dutch about 9:45 am on Sat. I searched the entire quarry at least 5 times and was unable to find anyone from SD. I asked the staff a few times if anyone from SD had shown up and they said a few people did, but darn if they knew where anyone was. I hope whoever did show up at least got to dive and have fun. I am happy that I did get to meet Jemiah.

I looked for a baby in a wetsuit, but couldn't find one anywhere! :D There's a small possibility that if you post a more recent photo, those of us that haven't met in person yet might recognize each other---or not! S103 :D

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

#131 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

I looked for a baby in a wetsuit, but couldn't find one anywhere! :D There's a small possibility that if you post a more recent photo, those of us that haven't met in person yet might recognize each other---or not! S103 :o

There, maybe that will help? That is from last year, but I still look pretty much the same! :diver:

Which end is up?

#132 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

Well, this was my first visit to Dutch Springs and it was worth the effort. We may not have drawn a stadium crowd, but we did have fun, and made variety of dives.

The camping was an added bonus.

There were no bears to worry about

We had plenty of food

And a new grill

Some people brought nice tents to sleep in.

Bubble Boy went the Home Depot route instead.

We should definitely do more of these trips
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#133 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

Sorry I missed it, just a little too tired from the previous day of diving. So how did you guys like Dutch? Nice training facility, huh? We will have to schedule another one soon.

#134 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

There were no bears to worry about

That's because they followed by Bear warning in the first post...:rolleyes:

Glad to hear everyone had a good time!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#135 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:09 AM

I'm sorry everyone but I think I pushed the wrong button on my camera :rolleyes: I just went through the manual & still don't understand what I did(I even read the english directions!!)Maybe I was just worried about bears, guppies, or if there'd be another meal after the dive :P At least my mask didn't flood :flirt: -- what, that doesn't help? Ok mea culpa and I'll take a class "Photography for Dummy-Divers" S103

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users