• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

1 spot left!! (10 women 7 men) Dec 4-11 2007 Australia!!

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

#16 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:17 AM

Add me to the "I'm going no matter what" list

I'll figure out how to get by with 2 weeks of VC left after this trip

#17 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

I'm going, even with Mr. Seasick on board. LOL. My kid will be in college, hopefully, and I won't be a slave to school schedules.

WHO IS MR. SEASICK?????....Just because I have been known to get seasick walking in rain....no reason to make fun of people with disabilities :banghead: :angel2: ....But I endeavor to pursue :D

If the barf bag fits.... :lmao:

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:17 PM

Air Update:

As I suspected Contract Air and most tickets are not available untll we are closer towards the trip i.e. 360 to 365 days out. I will be getting representative rates for this time of year etc but with fuel no one is sure of what the air will or won't be. (I had been waiting for the Sept contracts to be finalized and while doing so discovered that December would be a far more primo time to go so made the change at several members' request. Since I had not posted the dates waiting for the air contracts, we were not locked into the other dates.)

Land Package Update:

I have several quotes coming for some land based options we can add onto this trip. I do kinda like Scott's suggestion to add the Yongolla wreck for 1 or more days of diving and then leave people to do the Rain Forest on their own and/or other cool options in the area. Of course we also want some feedback from our Aussie friends whom I hope can join us either diving the trip or the landbased portion! :P

I'll keep you aprised as I am....

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

Count me in.

I will start working on SWMBO for a liberty card, or for a shore itinerary for her.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#20 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

Add me to the "I'm going no matter what" list

I'll figure out how to get by with 2 weeks of VC left after this trip

:hiya: Ahhhh....didn't you say something similar about Holbox????.....do not build up my hopes...then let me down again :cool1:
You must endeavor to pursue!

#21 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:46 AM

Count me in as a definite for the liviaboard and the land part. Great timing, I should be just getting back from the dessert.
I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#22 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:55 AM

I'm in for the whole deal too! :fish2:

Guess that means I'm not retiring early next year... :unhappy:

or the year after... :tears:

or anytime this decade... :fish2:

But lots of great trips to look forward to... :fish:
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#23 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:29 AM

I'm really talking about getting from here to there :fish2: Denver to Sydney for using my miles. And the sooner I try to do that the better my chances of cashing in some of those hard earned FF miles.

I think i have them on every airline that exists... lol... but I was thinking for OZ I would have to use my NWA ones since they partner with Quantas.
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#24 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:53 AM

My miles are on United and I know they fly to Sydney, hopefully I'll be able to cash some of them in for this trip

#25 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:00 AM

I wanted you to know the dates for the trip. Per our resident experts...this is a primo time for this trip! :fish2: I'm working on the airfare and fly dates. I am not sure which airlines will offer miles...I sure hope lots of them! But if not via miles then via a good contract airfare like we found for Fiji.

Do you all want a land package add-on? Or do you just want the liveaboard option? How many days do you want the land package to be if you want it? And do you want it as an optional add-on so you can play with miles either arriving early or staying late?

I know...choices...choices...choices...too many choices but I do need your input! Thanks -ww

SOUNDs fun.. I'm in I'm in
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#26 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

Kamala,

My suggestion is when we get back into Cairns, SD has an option for the Townsville/Yongola area which will include booking the Yongola Wreck, transportation and hotels.....We leave directly for the Townsville area upon our arrival into Carins. Assuming we will only do a day of diving we may want to spend two nights there....Head back to Cairns spend a night and then the next day people can either depart or go to the rain forest etc. on their own.

The Yongola should not be missed, this is an Awesome dive......I have never seen so much life on a wreck in my entire 12+ years of diving.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#27 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

Kamala,

My suggestion is when we get back into Cairns, SD has an option for the Townsville/Yongola area which will include booking the Yongola Wreck, transportation and hotels.....We leave directly for the Townsville area upon our arrival into Carins. Assuming we will only do a day of diving we may want to spend two nights there....Head back to Cairns spend a night and then the next day people can either depart or go to the rain forest etc. on their own.

The Yongola should not be missed, this is an Awesome dive......I have never seen so much life on a wreck in my entire 12+ years of diving.

:fish2: That is what I have heard and why I have suggested it...From what I have read it is in the top two or three Wrecks in the world....I figure if we arrive back into Cairns in the AM from the Nimrod...we have transportation waiting...head down to Townsville...spend the night....Dive the next day and being that will be a long day spend another night in that area and then the next day...head back to Cairnes....If we rent vans....we have to have an Aussie join us...as I will not drive on the wrong side of the road...LOL

This will be a great trip!
You must endeavor to pursue!

#28 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:40 PM

Kamala,

:cheerleader: That is what I have heard and why I have suggested it...From what I have read it is in the top two or three Wrecks in the world....I figure if we arrive back into Cairns in the AM from the Nimrod...we have transportation waiting...head down to Townsville...spend the night....Dive the next day and being that will be a long day spend another night in that area and then the next day...head back to Cairnes....If we rent vans....we have to have an Aussie join us...as I will not drive on the wrong side of the road...LOL

This will be a great trip!

Speaking from first hand personal experience, we did 3 dives on the wreck, and did not see it all.

Edited by bluedolphin, 30 June 2006 - 01:41 PM.

Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#29 Going Postal

Going Postal

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

Add me to the interested list.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

#30 Big O

Big O

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

WOW!
:usflag: :cool1: :thankyou:

What A Trip!

I say max out the Quads, that way more people can make this once in a lifetime trip!

Dave
UH-HUH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users