• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2011-04/05: Truk & Palau 21Apr-09May or Palau Only 30Apr-09May or Truk Only 20Apr-02May

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#211 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Below is the email I sent to the Hotel in Palau about the power outlets in the hotel and their reply. There are a lot of different two prong outlets in the world so I'm not sure I learned anything. but here is the reply non the less.

Good evening Mr.Jerry,

Regarding you're questions our volts in the hotel is 220v & 110v, Then please bring an adoptor for 3prong usage, our power plug is only 2prong.

Thank you,

Angel

----- Original Message -----
To: service@palauseapassion.com
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:21 PM
Subject: electric service

Good evening, I am going to be staying at your resort the first week of May this year and I have a question. Can you tell me what the electric power is in the rooms and what style of plug I will need to use my battery chargers for my cameras, computer and other electronics. I’m very much looking forward to visiting Palau.

Thank you

Jerry

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#212 Muktuk

Muktuk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox,GUE fundies, GUE Rec 2
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Ed, I dropped the book in the mail today. Enjoy
Muktuk

#213 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

I'll have a better answer for you tomorrow on power adapters.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#214 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

The post from Jerry had me sending a similar request, with different wording. I got the same response back. I replied to the response, specifically asking if they had American, Euro, Asian, etc recepticals. the response came back as two prong American. I will see if Kamala gets anything different in her response. Mean while, I will head to Lowes to look for a plug. Ed

Below is the email I sent to the Hotel in Palau about the power outlets in the hotel and their reply. There are a lot of different two prong outlets in the world so I'm not sure I learned anything. but here is the reply non the less.

Good evening Mr.Jerry,

Regarding you're questions our volts in the hotel is 220v & 110v, Then please bring an adoptor for 3prong usage, our power plug is only 2prong.

Thank you,

Angel

----- Original Message -----
To: service@palauseapassion.com
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:21 PM
Subject: electric service

Good evening, I am going to be staying at your resort the first week of May this year and I have a question. Can you tell me what the electric power is in the rooms and what style of plug I will need to use my battery chargers for my cameras, computer and other electronics. I'm very much looking forward to visiting Palau.

Thank you

Jerry

#215 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Do we need to pay any of the park fees, fuel charge, or other extras up front or wait untill we get there?

#216 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

IMPORTANT PAYMENT AND TICKETING UPDATE:

The first post SHOULD say what is paid upfront and what is paid there. If not I'll check it.
I have the airline tickets...will send you your e-ticket. Please look them over and if any mistakes ADVISE ME IMMEDIATELY. If we did not get your seats correct let me know.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE AIRLINE DIRECTLY TO ATTEMPT ANY CHANGES...you will affect EVERY seat on the ticket and most likely could cause ALL the tickets to fall out of the system resulting in lost fare entirely or higher fares trying to get them back. So please ONLY contact me for any changes or corrections.

Stay tuned for the e-tickets, final tax amount, and then shortly after that...your final balance due on the trip from accounting. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#217 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

PALAU FAQ:

What's the electricity?
110V. Same as U.S. and same 2 pronged outlets.

Where is Palau?
Palau is North of Indonesia, East of the Philippines, South of Japan and West of Guam.

How long are the flights?
Los Angeles to Honolulu is about 5 hours, Honolulu to Guam is about 7 1/2 hours, and Guam to Palau is about 2 hours.

What currency do they use?

They use the US Dollar. Credit cards are accepted by most companies, but not all. PERSONAL NOTE: Do not use credit cards abroad as it they are susceptible to identify theft, add'l international banking or currency exchange fees.

What language do they speak?
English & Palauan are the official languages.

Do I need a passport?
Please visit www.travel.state.gov and choose "International Travel" and "Palau" to get the latest information. U.S. citizens need a passport that is valid for 6 months PAST the date of arrival.

Do I need shots/immunizations?
For legal reasons, we cannot make official recommendations regarding shots or immunizations. Please consult with your physician or visit www.cdc.gov for more information.

What are the luggage restrictions?
Currently, you are allowed 2 checked bags of 50 lbs each and 1 carry on of 40 lbs. Checked luggage between 51-70 lbs will be charged $25/bag. The carry on is more of a size-related issue rather than weight.

What kind of planes?
Continental Airlines has full jet service the entire way. The longer flights are on 767's. The shorter flights are on 737's.

What are the seating configurations?
The 767's have a 2-3-2 configuration. The seats are A-B space D-E-F space K-L. For couples, we always try to assign A-B or K-L. The 737's have a 3-3 configuration and the seats are A-B-C space D-E-F. For couples we usually assign A-B or E-F as a higher percentage of people prefer window seats. We can always change seats per your request.

Will someone pick us up at the airport?
Yes, we always arrange for transfers to and from the airport. Your name and flight information will be given to a transfer company and they will be looking for you. It's a small airport.

What's the diving like?
Warm water, 100' vis, walls, corals, reefs, wrecks, pelagics, tropicals, critters. Palau has it all.

What thickness wetsuit do you recommend?
The water will be in the low 80's. We recommend a full 3 ml. You may be diving several times a day for extended periods.

How long are the boat rides?
Typical land based boat rides are 45 mins to an hour and sometimes a little more. It's a beautiful boat ride through the Rock Islands, and the water is 3 shades of blue.

When will my dive day start and end?
Typically you'll be picked up at your hotel between 8 and 8:30 am. You'll dive one tank, have lunch on a beach, dive another tank and be back at the dock by late afternoon (3-4 pm).

What's not included?
Departure tax ($20), green fee ($15), dive permit ($25), dive permit for Peleliu ($35), Reef Hook ($5) needed for Blue Corner, meals (if not on a live-aboard) and some fees on some live-aboards. Land based diving includes lunch.

When will I receive my documents?
E-tickets and vouchers are sent approximately 3 weeks prior to your departure.

formerly...

#218 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Payment Update:
1) Mark aka muktuk ww received your payment of $4130 plus $123.90 cc fee! :thankyou:

#219 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Sundancediver and Spacediver just paid the remaining balance for the trip on-line. We still do not have any pricing for Option 7 so I estimated the best I could with existing information on the internet. You can review it and make changes and we will pay any remaining costs or settle it on the trip. It's up to you. We paid the balance in the system of $838 per person. This is the best we could do with trying to pay 30 days in advance as requested.

Balance of trip cost per my own estimate:
8 nights/6 days of dives (1528) + 1 night/1 day of dive (182) + 2 nights/0 dives (128) = 1838 - 1000 deposit = $838 balance

Total trip is 11 oceanview nights with 7 days of diving with 4 days with no diving. Costs are estimated from: http://www.fishnfins...e-Packages.html

#220 Seawolf

Seawolf

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Board Status:Just getting started
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>1,500

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

[b] For anyone interested or looking for a dive Cochran Dive Computer, I am selling a Gemini Wrist Computer with the Pro Software. Never used, contact me for further information. This is your chance to own the best computer out there & would be fantastic for the Truk & Palau trip!

Brett AKA Seawolf :usflag: :fish: :usflag:

#221 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

[b] For anyone interested or looking for a dive Cochran Dive Computer, I am selling a Gemini Wrist Computer with the Pro Software. Never used, contact me for further information. This is your chance to own the best computer out there & would be fantastic for the Truk & Palau trip!

I would like to know how much? You can email me. Hey when are you going to post those great photos you took in Belize? I know there might be one of me under water but not sure. Any good dolphin pictures?

#222 Seawolf

Seawolf

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Board Status:Just getting started
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>1,500

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

I would like to know how much? You can email me. Hey when are you going to post those great photos you took in Belize? I know there might be one of me under water but not sure. Any good dolphin pictures?

Hi Cindy, I will try sending you my e-mail to your mailbox so that I can get the details of the computer to you. Also, I had sent Kamala the pictures and she was going to post them awhile back but I think her computer crashed or something? If I get your e-mail I will send them to you or I will see you in Palau where we can download them.

Cheers, Brett

#223 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I am just getting home from a massive tradeshow AND being gone since Feb 17th. As I unbury myself I need some time to get you the rest of the info you need for this trip. As a quick update I have rec'd info you need to fill out for the boat AND bring a copy with you due to poor internet connection on the boat as well as important info you need regarding things to bring with you etc.

I now also have the ticketing info and will be sending that in the next 2 days and your final billing will be coming from Accounting shortly as well.

Thank you for bearing with me as I work to get you ALL final details needed for travel, payments etc.

formerly...

#224 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

IMPORTANT DOCUMENT UPDATE:

Hey gang its time to do the Truk Liveaboard paperwork. We are bit behind as it was due 30 days in advance but the boat will forgive us IF we get it to them quickly.

Attached you will find a helpful FAQ and the Release and Waiver form in word/document format.

1. Please read the FAQ it is VERY IMPORTANT.
2. Please copy the Wiaver to a word document and email or fax it as follows:

VIA FAX:

888-480-0906 (Copy for SD as back up)
904-346-0664 Direct to Truk Odyssey

VIA EMAIL:
SD will forward for you and keep a copy so send to TRIPS@SingleDivers.com

PLEASE NOTE...NO EXCEPTIONS:

1. You MUST bring a paper copy of your waiver with you to the boat. The boat has no way to receive them electronically from the home office so you MUST bring a paper copy with you.

2. You MUST bring your c-card for diving with you. The boat has no ability to check online via PADI or other agencies that you are certified. So NO card = NO DIVING.

3. If you are diving nitrox OR advanced nitrox mixes you MUST bring all cards related to your nitrox diving level or you will not be able to dive nitrox. The boat has no ability to check online via PADI or other agencies that you are certified. So NO card = NO DIVING OF NITROX.

Attached Files

Edited by WreckWench, 31 March 2011 - 11:03 AM.

formerly...

#225 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

Kamala:

Could you put together a pre-departure document checklist for us. It has been so long that I can't keep up on what I need hard copies of in my possession.

Thanks
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users