• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PNW HH & Dive 2006

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Really good to see you all there...
[attachment=3047:attachment]
Old and new faces... of course we Did SEE the 6-gills... Man O'Mann Huge.... 24' long, but could only see it for a brief moment as the &^$%# Squid was chasing after it... Glad it was going for the 6-Gill as that thing WAS huge.. probably didn't catch it as the Orca was going after the Squid... and you know how fast they go by...

Anyway, we (moi) were busy with the important critters in the see... the Grunt Sculpin that Nicolle found (how in the hell she spotted that one is beyond me) and the nudi Cutie....

All in all, out side of a slight navigation glitch (ended up in the wrong cove - kind like going to the wrong boat on WWW dive trip) it was a good time, beautify night, skyline and fun people to be with.. finally meeting those behind the Tags...

Photos posted !!

Till the next time eh?? heheh... did you hear the Michelle?? eh?? as in EH !!!!!...

spoken in True Canadian....

Multi-language expert that I am... eh? :cheerleader:

Edited by fbp, 21 August 2006 - 09:11 PM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#2 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

When it rains, it pours. Sorry I couldn't join y'all, but I had a rare invitation to go on a private boat dive.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#3 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

Hi!

That was fun last night. Someday we should do a boat dive.For large crowd use Banditos or Deep Sea, if small, max 8, Teal Water Charters. Or do another shore dive. :cheerleader: Perhaps around Labor Day???

Have a nice week!

Rich
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#4 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:21 PM

A great night of diving and visiting with old and new friends.

Those that stayed over at my place ~ Thanks for a night of stories and laughs. The laughs this morning over coffee just as nice.
We must do it again.

Good dives, great friends, margaritas to die for... Life is sweet.

DG and CMT ~ Love you gals. Always a good time when the three of us get together.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#5 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:22 PM

Nice meeting everyone. Thanks for the dives Nicolle. No Sixgills were seen but we still found quite a bit to look at.

#6 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

Oops, oh yea - Colleen, thanks for the party pad last night!
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#7 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

Anyway, we (moi) were busy with the important critters in the see... the Grunt Sculpin that Nicolle found (how in the hell she spotted that one is beyond me) and the nudi Cutie....

I actually didn't find it - gcbryan did! He was fabulous in finding so many little critters! On our two dives we spotted the two critters I recently mentioned as having seen but not often: Grunt Sculpin and the Leopard Dorid. Kudos! We also saw a clown nudibranch, several Hooded nudibranchs (they are SOOO cool!), crescent gunnels, two large Octopus, a fabulous SKATE, and much more. Thank you gcbryan for the excellent dives and excellent buddy. I will look forward to diving with you again! As always Frank, you are a welcome addition to the dives even though it's always only for 5 minutes...(ooo and thanks for the photo - it's my new avatar!) :P KevinPo, thank you for the surprise visit and coming along with us. The new scooter looks like fun! You'll have to let us know how the X-Scooter fairs. I know that CaptSteve was recently asking about scooters here.

Who attended:
1. Dive_Girl (nicolle)
2. gcbryan (Gray)
3. fbp (Frank)
4. KevininPo (Kevin)

5. gis_gal (Colleen)
6. TonyL (Tony)
7. Diver_C (Rich)

8. morris0352 (Kyle)
9. Shane (dive_girl shop diver/friend)

10. Mike (dive_girl shop diver)
11. GlazingMcGyver (Steve)

12. boydski (Scott)
13. boydski (Scott's wife)

14. Wylerbear (Georgia)
15. REEF Diver (Valerie)

(dive teams are noted in colors.)

16. cmt489 (Michelle) - shore support and safety coordinator

We had a wonderful turn-out with 15 divers showing up and everyone making at least one dive, and many went in for a second dive. Afterward we made our goodbyes to some of the divers and then a group of us, Diver_C, GlazingMcGyver, morris0352, TonyL, Shane, cmt489, GG, and I, headed to gis_gal's for midnight margaritas - and they truly were midnight margaritas as we arrived at GG's just past midnight. We all Happy Houred until past 3am in the morning having margaritas, wine, and a fabulous spread of veggies, chips, dip, crackers, breads, and cheeses (including cheese from Ireland brought by TonyL). We awoke to fresh coffee and organic peaches and blackberries picked fresh from GG's yard. The PNW truly does have it all. :D

morris0352 hope you got to the Dalles safe and had a good family visit. Be safe when you head over there shortly. Tony I am so glad you spent some of your short time here with us - truly a pleasure. Be safe when heading back over there! :usflag:

:cool1: :D :thankyou: again to gis_gal for opening her home to those who stayed over. For those of us traveling from much further away, it is so nice to be welcomed home!

It was so nice meeting everyone new and seeing everyone I already knew. We be joining Wylerbear (Georgia) and REEF Diver (Valerie) in October for the REEF survey dives for our next SD adventure. :cool1:

After that BrinyBay is looking at an SD Thanksgiving dive weekend - more info here.

There is also talk about heading to Vancouver, BC for a Happy Hour as well. Maybe sometime before the end of the year holiday season and we could make it a Canadian shopping spree including the duty free store on the way home!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#8 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

New Gallery is up fbp!

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#9 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

I had a GREAT time as I always do when I get together with you guys! Can't wait for the next get together in October. As for that Canadian HH, yes folks, it is true! I will be arranging one in the near future! Please feel free to give input on availability and whether or not you would like for me to try to arrange for some local diving as well!

#10 morris0352

morris0352

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for inviting me I had a great time and knocked out quite a few firsts. First night dive, first time over 100 ft. and first time at Cove 2. Colleen thank you for the great hospitality, and Michelle thanks for trying to save that spot for me even though it didn't work out.

Have a great day everyone
Kyle

#11 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

It was nice to finally meet everyone. The diving was nice even though the 6-gills remain elusive. We need to do this more frequently. I like the idea of a BC HH. A Porpoise Bay trip is an idea and might bring some out of town SD'ers. I also like the idea of a boat dive.

Tony

#12 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

CMT ~ Count me in for a BC HH and dive get together.
You were the greatest shore support I have ever had.
Keeping track of all the keys, dogs, cookies, water. You did a marvelous job. Thank you for everything.

Tony ~ Great idea on a Porpoise Bay trip. I would love to do one. Have heard many great things about it.

DG ~ You are always welcome home at my place.

We must do this again soon.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#13 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:17 PM

Next time we'll have to call it "Searching for the not so elusive PNW Giant Pacific Octopus" :evilgrin:

Edited by gcbryan, 21 August 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#14 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

Yes, fun for all....

I've just posted a few photos (thans Tolly and cmt), surface camera corrupted the disk, had to do a recovery and got some...

heheh.. yah, 5 minutes... geeessh, was I turned around or what....
Canadian HH... dive at Porteau Cove??? More photos here

Hope that helps...
Till the next time eh???
See Michelle, I can speak Canadian... with a slight accent??

Edited by fbp, 21 August 2006 - 08:51 PM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#15 mikeb

mikeb

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:02 PM

Thank you to Nicolle for inviting me on the dive, and thanks to everyone for welcoming me. Good to see you again, Kyle. It was nice meeting all of you and I hope to see you again soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users