• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT!! March 5-15, 2007 Palau!

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:12 PM

Join us in Pristine Palau-March 5-15, 2007!

A spectacular 400 mile long strand of pearls laid across blue sea best describes this jewel of the Pacific. Made of limestone coral reefs lifted above sea level and undercut by ocean currents which over time have notched the basis so that from the air they look like giant mushrooms, the Republic of Palau, in Micronesia, is truly nature at its most majestic! Join SD on our newest adventure...PALAU!
Posted Image

PALAU'S WORLD FAMOUS DIVE SITES:
Palau offers an endless variety of sites to dive - from caves to walls and major dropoffs, to tunnels, channels and shallow reefs, where you can enjoy great visibiity and an almost limitless variety of marine life. We even have a lake chock-full of pulsating ellyfish (no, they don't sting) where you can snorkel, and an underwater cave to explore. No matter your level of diving ability, there's a dive for you in Palau - fast drift dives, easy shallow dives, it's all here in Palau.

Every dive trip is made special by constantly monitoring activity at local dive sites. We will be advised the best current location based on individual requirements, level of experience and weather conditions. The divers take an active part in planning when and where to dive. The result - maximum diving adventure!

Big Dropoff wall-drift, Ngerchong Coral Garden - Inside wall, Blue Corner wall-drift, Ngerchong Coral, Garden - Outside wall, Blue Holes cave-wall, Peleliu Wall-wall, Chandelier Caves-cave, Shark City-wall, Devilfish City-wall, Short Dropoff-wall, German Channel-wall, Siaes Corner-wall, German Dropoff-wall, Siaes Tunnel-wall, New Dropoff-wall, Sunken Bridge-wall, Ngedebus Wall-wall, Turtle Cove-wall, Peleliu Corner Wall-drift, Ulong Channel-wall, Peleliu Express Wall-drift, Virgin Hole-cave

PRICING: $1225 to include 9 days/nights lodging, 6 days of boat diving (12 dives), lunch & beverage each dive day, and daily transfer to and from the boat!! With 10 people, we are eligible for air fare discounts equating to an additional $150 to 200 savings!

Due to my mother's surgery & recovery I will no longer be able to lead the trip however Nicolle aka Dive_Girl a seasoned SD Veteran, Instructor and Trip leader will now take the helm. You are in exceptionally good hands.

Who's Going:

1. Nicolle aka dive_girl - Vancouver, WA (pd trip and air) - Trip Leader - d/o
2. Mark aka Capn Jack - DFW, TX (pd trip and air) - d/o
3. Rosa aka Divegirl412 - CA (pd) - s/o
4. Suntrooper - WA (pd trip and air) - s/o

Sorry...no more spots available.

Check's In the Mail:

Included:

•(6) 2 tank dives, lunch, beverages with Dive Palau
•Pick up from boat and transfer to diving and back each day
•9 nites hotel at the West Plaza Coral Reef (mid rate hotel)
•SD infamous Meets and Greets
•SD trip t-shirt

Optional:

•3rd dive $40
•Night dive $60
•Extra day of diving $115
•Nitrox of $10.50/tank
•Hotel will provide transfer from the airport at a rate of $5/person/one way

Not Included:

•Airfare of approx $1950-$1975 via SD contract air or approx $2000+ via scheduled air. (airfare will drop approx $150-$200 with 10 or more people).
•It is required that all divers, snorkelers, boat riders have two permits. The Koror State Permit is $15/person and the Peleliu State Permit is $20/person. This is a one time fee and is valid for 2 weeks. (Permit is obtained by the dive operator for us. Must pay in cash. Palau uses US currency.)
•Departure Tax
•Airport transfers (averages $5 each way)
•Food other than lunch & beverages on the boat
•Rental, instruction and retail charges
•Crew gratuities
•Trip Cancellation Insurance (we have great pricing on trip insurance see below for links)
•Nitrox Upgrade of $10.50 per tank
•Possible Fuel surcharge

Flight Routing:

The normal way to fly into Palau is on Continental Airlines. From the mainland U.S. you fly into Hawaii then to Guam and then onto Koror, Palau. The flight times are as follows: CA - HI (5 hours); HI- Guam (7 hours); Guam - Koror, Palau (2 1/2 hours).

Below is a sample itinerary for our trip to Palau.

CO 003 on 05MAR LAXHNL 900A 1245P
CO 001 on 05MAR HNLGUM 320P 650P+1 (land on 06Mar)
CO 953 on 06MAR GUMROR 740P 840P

9 nights at a West Plaza

CO 954 on 15MAR RORGUM 145A 440A
CO 002 on 15MAR GUMHNL 600A 505P-1 (land on 14Mar)
CO 012 on 14MAR HNLLAX 850P 500A+1 (land on 15Mar)

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to fingrabber@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted above and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you.

Discounts:

$25 discount for SD premier or above membership
Cash prices are listed. Please add 3% if paying via paypal.

Payment Information:

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form. (Please be reminded to add 3%)

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number, screen name and trip name in the details section. (Please be reminded to add 3%)

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

We must have your name, address, screen name and trip name in the memo section of the check to be credited properly for this trip

Payment Terms & Schedule:

If not taking advantage of our 'Early Bird' Full booking and payment specials then payments are due as follows:

ASAP: $500 deposit required to reserve a spot on the trip.

Progress Payments:

Immediately to Hold Spot: $500 Deposit
Jan 1, 2007: $725 or Balance of trip payment.
After Jan 1, 2007: Balance of trip payment.

PLEASE obtain trip insurance ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and averages very little for this trip.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

Attached Images

• Palau1.jpg
  • Palau2.jpg
  • Palau3.jpg
  • Palau4.jpg
  • Palau5.jpg
  • Palau6.jpg
  • Palau7.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

Kamala, I would be in for the week of March 5th through the 9th, if I could fly out Sat 3rd and return by Sun 11th. I am already taking 2 weeks off in Jan to go home, so I can't take another two week block so soon.

Let me know if the shorter period will be acceptable.

Rosa

Hey gang...here is the update on Palau for March of 2007

I have secured air and hotel and diving for Palau. I will get the pricing posted by tomorrow as I have just returned from DEMA and uncovering myself.

The pricing will be based upon less than 10 people but once we get to 10 people everyone will get an additional discount on the air pkg. I have a contract for air for approx $1800 (normal is $2000+) but we need 10 people to qualify for it.

I will post the price at slightly below normal retail air rates (as I did get some discount off of scheduled air) and as soon as we get 10 people we'll all get a $200 savings! There is a possibility that my mother will have surgery in the timeframe we are looking at which is March 5-16, so it is possible we'll have a different trip leader.

FULL DETAILS COMING SHORTLY! FINALLY!!! :cool2:

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:13 AM

Cool. I had already been tentatively working on joining Scott for a week. If it is a great group, all the better. I would be in for the week of March 5th through the 9th, if I could fly out Sat 3rd and return by Sun 11th. I am already taking 2 weeks off in Jan to go home, so I can't take another two week block so soon.

Let me know if the shorter period will be acceptable. Yes, I know, Scott, that less than 7 dive days is suboptimal for that trip. But I still feel that is better than none!!!

Rosa

Ok if you are solo which you usually are that should be fine. To get the group air we need everyone to fly about the same times so I'll check and see!

Cool...we have a couple of folks so far although Scott has made his own reservations and is possibly staying at a sister hotel to the group. However it is close by. They are confirming which hotel we'll be in whether it is the one Scott is in which is close to his favorite restaurants or right in town nearer the boats.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

I am interested. Let me know when you take deposits!!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#5 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:16 PM

Great. I will watch out for details.

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

I've put in for the time off as Palau has always been on that dream list of places to dive! I read that the marine biodiversity there is among the greatest in the world....therefore the opportunity to to see Nautilus, Tridactna giant clams, Cuttlefish, snorkel in Jellyfish Lake, and more would be simply amazing!!

Did you know that Cuttlefish average 30cm/12 in long and live for only about 18 months. They are nocturnal animals that feed at night using tentacles, and keep hidden during the day. Cuttlefish eat small fish, crab and shrimp. The Cuttlefish is also chameleon-like because they too can change colors to match their surroundings and hide from predators.

Who's ready to live a moment and dive in paradise?? Posted Image
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#7 Dallas

Dallas

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

Kamela - do you have a total trip price and firm flight plans for Palau? I've got the Truk Odyssey scheduled for 2008, but am interested in Palau if I can get the firm dates to schedule vacation...Dallas

#8 ScubaDawg

ScubaDawg

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:05 PM

Kamala, I might be interested also but need more info on flights, price , hotel etc. Plus it would be helpful to have info on Australia, don't know if 2 big trips is in the cards but it would help to make the decision whether it would be Palau and maybe one of the other trips or Australia or both, Thanks Karen

#9 Regulus

Regulus

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Would love to see Nautilus! Don't know what would cost more the trip or buying new camera gear and lights...

#10 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:26 PM

new camera gear and lights...

I'm great at schlepping camera gear!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:59 PM

I'm following up with some final confirmations from our operator in Palau. Fingers crossed we get them today/tonight!

Also confirming the special on the airfare! A few more confirmations and I will be posting full trip info! kamala

formerly...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:52 AM

UPDATE:

We are actively in the process of trying to finalize a few questions namely: do we have rooms on hold for the anticipated number of people going or do we have a statement of availability saying that rooms are available, and as soon as we provide pax name, flight details and single or double occupancy, then we'll have the room 'confirmed'. This is not unusual nor abnormal in the process of booking a trip.

We have also been confirming availability and room for the number of divers who have responded with an interest in this trip making it an SD group trip. In the meantime, we'll be able to book individuals on the boat and in the hotel regardless of what the group status is and most of those interested so far have expressed interest in going whether it is led by SD or not. Meaning they want to go and dive with Scott regardless.

So.....

Whether we can secure a group contract OR we book you as individuals on a more informal status, we can do either for you and will be happy to do so.

Thank you to Travelnsj (Scott) for helping me to find this operator! He has been most helpful.

formerly...

#13 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 01:35 PM

Kamala, to help you plan logistics....

I plan on having a single room.
I am still working on trying to extend my dates by a few days.
I need to fly out of LAX or San Diego. I am not sure yet which gateway you are planning on using for flights.
I would strongly prefer to fly continental (I am awaiting your info on airline / flights etc), since they are my "loyalty airline, and I may be able to use miles to upgrade. I had already started researching and working on flights with them before your first updated posts). But if I can help you get your "minimum for the group" then I would rather book with you. Will the flights we book through you be upgradeable or restricted?

I will wait a couple of days, but then I will need to make my own arrangements, because I will be out of the country again for a few weeks in Dec/Jan and need to get this finalized as soon as possible.

Rosa

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:44 PM

Kamala, to help you plan logistics....

I plan on having a single room.
I am still working on trying to extend my dates by a few days.
I need to fly out of LAX or San Diego. I am not sure yet which gateway you are planning on using for flights.
I would strongly prefer to fly continental (I am awaiting your info on airline / flights etc), since they are my "loyalty airline, and I may be able to use miles to upgrade. I had already started researching and working on flights with them before your first updated posts). But if I can help you get your "minimum for the group" then I would rather book with you. Will the flights we book through you be upgradeable or restricted?

I will wait a couple of days, but then I will need to make my own arrangements, because I will be out of the country again for a few weeks in Dec/Jan and need to get this finalized as soon as possible.

Rosa

Thanks Rosa...you are I are both out of country shortly. I'll check the air contract and get back to you. In your case you'll need to most likely book with us to help on the air but if you aren't staying the whole time I may only get partial credit. We will all fly out of LAX. What days were you looking at again? I have not locked the contract yet...I had them look at Mar 5-16 and that looked very open and was the lowest rates.

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:05 AM

Hey gang the pricing is now posted for this trip. When I get back I'll add more about the attractions and the phenomenal diving! Due to short notice we can not guarantee a contract rate of 10+ divers. Once we hit 10+ divers we'll get a break on air and possibly the package! But the package we secured as of now is pretty phenominal at $1,225 to include basically 9 days/nights lodging, 7 days of boat diving (14 dives), lunch & beverage each dive day, and daily transfer to and from the boat!! Not to mention the SD infamous Meets and Greets and trip t-shirt!

Thank you all for being so patient!

And while I'm gone Nicolle and Kim will help answer any questions that you have. If you want air quotes check to see what you can get as your best fare from your market. Send that to Kim via pm to fingrabber or via email to fingrabber@singledivers.com and she will forward it for comparison. So far even without the 10+ person discount we are getting slightly better air than most can via the computer. :lmao:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users