• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Marathon Key, FLA - April 7 - 15

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

I will be in Marathon Key, FLA from April 7-15. Planning to dive for 6-7 of those days, including some wreck and night dives.

Looking for buddies and advice on good dive spots, boat operators, etc. for my experience level (PADI AOW). Never dove any of the Keys before (can you believe it!).

Also, if you're in the area feel free to come visit me at Monte Cristo Condos in Key Colony Beach. Staying there with wife and two of her female friends who don't dive but love to party. I can't remember the unit number. But if you're interested let me know and I will send you the directions.

BB
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#2 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:19 PM

I will be in Marathon Key, FLA from April 7-15.

two of her female friends who don't dive but love to party. I can't remember the unit number. But if you're interested let me know and I will send you the directions.

BB

Hmmm - Florida Keys, Single Un-Attached Females, Party Time
Sounds a lot better than going to work!

Geo / The Irishman
Melbourne, Fla

Edited by FlIrishman, 07 March 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

Hey anyone got some good recommendations for dive ops in the area? We might do our April Florida dive of the month with our newest member BubbleBoy! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

Wreck Wench

As I mentioned, I haven't dived in the Keys before, but I have done a little surfing on the web. Underseas, Inc. in Big Pine Key seems to be consistently rated highly by divers. They were going to be my first call.

Here's a link with their contact info:

http://www.flkeysdiv...o.cfm?shopID=87

BB
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#5 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

I dove with Abyss this summer. We were the only 2 on the boat, and they were very accomadating. Nice owner, DM and boat.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#6 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:13 PM

The two operations I know in the area are Holiday Isle Dive Shop and Keys Divers, both of which are in Islamorada. I've been diving with Holiday Isle every year since 1996, so that should tell you my preference.

It would be approximately 20-25 minutes from Marathon.

They're both very good, and I'd recommend either of them.

Rick
:cool1:

#7 landlocked

landlocked

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

I did my OW checkout dives with Ocean Divers in Key Largo. Steve Jaenisch (sp?) was the instructor. They/he really did a great job. I went in December so it wasn't crowded. I suspect April will be a little busier. But they had a great facility (have a chamber on site). I stayed in a condo in Travernier just a few miles south. I dont' recall the name but it was inexpensive and quite nice. Loved the keys. I'd love to join if you do get something going (depending on time). Last year my LDS tried to coordinate a Wreck Trek along the keys but they didn't have enough people. That might be fun too.

#8 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

We were just in the Keys in Dec. I agree that Abyss is top notch. In Key Largo check out SCUBA Doo. They have a smaller boat with a great crew, no "cattle boat". Also, they leave out for Spiegal Grove a half hour before the other ops, so we were the first on site. :)

Oh yeah, Abyss can also get you special dive package rates with the Holiday in that they are colocated with.

Edited by Doc Crawdad, 29 March 2006 - 05:47 PM.

I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#9 nydiver

nydiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~200

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:24 PM

I have to be in FL that week and the week following also, Unsure where I will be in Fl (work still hasn't given me a schedule). If I can get down by the keys I'm up for as much diving as I can fit in. Otherwise I'm going to be doing springs in the main land (I've never dove anywhere else in FL but I figure I can find something). Drop me a PM with details and I'll contact you if I can get down there.

#10 ScubaGypsy

ScubaGypsy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

Hmm, I'll be in Key West from April 17-20 and was planning on doing two charters with my 3 boys (see this post). Might anyone else like to join us as well?
The sea is everything........Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the 'Living Infinite,' ..........

Capt. Nemo...........20,000 Leagues under the Sea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users