• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Bahamas & Florida Liveaboard '06...Ocean Explorer Liveaboard!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:23 PM

Hey gang we are here! A few more hours we board the boat and start a fantastic trip! More to come...Regulus just called so we are off to get hiim! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Jocassee Diver

Jocassee Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Deep Diver/NITROX/ERDI
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:33 PM

The great ride is over and were finally here. Warm, sunny Fla. (liquid currently) Looking forward to a great time of diving. :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

#3 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

I'm only 16 hours behind you! :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#4 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

Well, after four days aboard the Ocean Explorer, we are back on land.

We had absolutely flat conditions almost the entire trip; on the last day, the seas finally built to less than one foot. Viz was at least 75 feet on every dive. On the wall, it ranged well over 100 and probably went to more like 200.

We did have moderately strong current on a couple of dives. Other than that, conditions were just about as perfect as it comes.

We did dives on walls, coral mounds, slopes, wrecks and we dove with sharks. On the last day, we returned to the Florida coast, diving two wrecks.

The diving was great. I would do it again in a second.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#5 Jocassee Diver

Jocassee Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Deep Diver/NITROX/ERDI
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:57 AM

WOW! :birthday: what a great time. The diving was great along with the people. The warm, clear H2O was a change from the deep, cold lakes I am used to. Several personal goals accomplished and have enjoyed entering into the Tech world. :birthday: It was good to meet all those on the trip and enjoyed the company and fellowship :birthday: Hope to see some pictures on the site soon to show family and friends.
Talk to ya soon
Eddie :birthday:

#6 SleeplessInBimini

SleeplessInBimini

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:over 700

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:10 PM

:birthday: Well it was my first trip with Single Divers, even though I was on the working side of the trip as a Dive Master / Cook for the boat. The SD gang were a great bunch of people to dive with and spend time with.I can't wait to go on a trip as a member and not on the working side.

It was realy nice to meet all of you, and will hopefully see you again soon on a trip!!!!! :birthday:

#7 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

:P Well it was my first trip with Single Divers, even though I was on the working side of the trip as a Dive Master / Cook for the boat. The SD gang were a great bunch of people to dive with and spend time with.I can't wait to go on a trip as a member and not on the working side.

It was realy nice to meet all of you, and will hopefully see you again soon on a trip!!!!! :thankyou:

Welcome SleeplessInBimini! Click Here to create an intro so all the members can welcome you. Look forward to meeting you on a non working trip!

Edited by nextariel, 01 June 2006 - 07:30 PM.

Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#8 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

Hay sleepless, :P
Thanks for the great trip. You and Mark did the best job.
Hats off to you guys, and THANKS. :thankyou:
I will be looking forward to diving with you on any trip or profile.
This trip was my first with SD and I can't say enough for the group of divers I met and had the opportunity to dive with. I think I will become an avid fan of these trips. So lets go to Morehead and do a little wreck diving :diver:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#9 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

Well I lucked out and spotted the SD Ocean Explorers crew on my way home on Bimini when they were in port to clear customs. Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was meeting everyone!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users