REMEMBER...ALL TRAVELERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS OR ABOVE & HAVE DIVE INSURANCE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TRIPS!!!
Location: Cocos Islands, Costa Rica
Dates: September 5-15, 2020 + 1-3 days prior to ensure you arrive in time.
Dive Operator: M/V Okeanos Aggressor II
Water Temp: 80-82 F with cool thermoclines
Air Temp: 82 F day, 73 F night
Current: Can be rugged currents
Visibility: 80 – 100 ft
Experience Level: Advanced Open Water with 50 dives is recommended. Some beginner divers may consider Cocos Island diving a bit difficult due to its ruggedness and currents. This trip is not recommended to new divers or handicapped divers.
Escape to Cocos Island on a liveaboard scuba diving trip in Costa Rica! Cocos is a lush, green uninhabited island resting 342 miles off Costa Rica's Pacific coast. Rocky pinnacles surrounding Cocos are beacons for big animals and big action. Schooling hammerheads, countless white-tip sharks, mantas, tuna and even whale sharks call Cocos home.
Cocos Island National Park was designated a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1997. Weather permitting, OKEANOS AGGRESSOR I® guests are shuttled ashore to hike through the jungles of Cocos and swim in her many waterfalls. All ten-day trips offer seven days of Costa Rica liveaboard scuba diving. The OKEANOS AGGRESSOR I® sets off from the port town of Puntarenas.
Pricing & Spots Available:
Deposit Amount: $1500 per spot
- Deluxe d/o 16 spots
- Master SHARED BED 2 spots (includes "sleep together" discount
- Suite d/o 2 spots
- Suite SHARED BED 2 spots (includes "sleep together" discount
- Deluxe All Inclusive Cabin (Double Occupancy w/2 beds): $5716 or $5549 CASH
- Master All Inclusive 'SHARED BED' Cabin double occupancy SHARED BED only (Includes sleep together discount) $5969 or $5795 CASH
- Suite All Inclusive Cabin (double occupancy w/2 beds ): $6746 or $6549 CASH
- Suite All Inclusive 'SHARED BED' Cabin double occupancy SHARED BED only (Includes sleep together discount) $6694 or $6495 CASH
All prices are per person.
**Cash Discounted Price is given when you select e-check at final checkout.
PREMIER DIVING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Accommodations aboard the yacht
- Diving – Up to 24 dives, 80 cubic ft. tanks, weight belts and weights
- All tanks have K-valves (American type), no DIN (European) valves
- All meals and snacks, fruit juices, soft drinks, iced water, iced tea, coffee, and a limited selection of local beer and wine.
- Group transfers are provided from the Host Hotels (Holiday Inn Escazu and Holiday Inn Express Forum in San Jose - WE ARE BOOKING ROOMS FOR EVERYONE TO ENSURE WE HAVE LODGING & WILL CHARGE SINGLE OR DOUBLE OCCUPANCY AS REQUESTED)
- Transfer back to the host hotels or San Jose airport from the yacht at the end of the trip. Book return flights after 12:30 pm
NOT INCLUDED PKG:
- Airfare to/from San Jose, Costa Rica – Airport Code = SJO
- Taxi to/from airport (approx. $16 to hotel) - payable to driver
- Each guest must pay a $490 cruising tax, park fee. Payable at the end of the charter when settling your bill. All Fees and Taxes must be paid in Cash.
- $30 Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Tips and Gratuities - usually approx. 10-15% of pkg (These monies go to the entire boat crew. We will tip at the end and collect a group tip.)
- Nitrox $150
- Extra nights before or after the trip. SD.com will help set up a group at the Host Hotel.
- Extra night before the trip at the group hotel where transfers occur. SD WILL BOOK A BLOCK OF ROOMS TO FACILITATE EVERYONE HAVING A ROOM.
- Rental, instruction and retail charges
- Departure taxes (if not included in your airline ticket) - (approx. US$29)
- DIVE Insurance- is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air liftsit is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.
- TRIP Insurance- It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. (See our INSURANCE Info in this topic or click on the Dive Assure link across the top or Dive Assure logo for a no obligation quote.)
- $75 Document Processing Fee (SAVE THIS FEE BY SUBMITTING YOUR DOCS WITHIN THREE (3) WEEKS OF SIGNING UP AND THIS FEE IS WAIVED. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR FINAL INVOICE. - NOTE...FLIGHT DETAILS CAN BE SUBMITTED WHENEVER YOU HAVE THEM
Options & Extras:
- San Jose City Tour & Shopping - Half Day $ TBD
Starting on the East side of San Jose, you will see the Democrazy Place, National Museum, the Courts, Los Yoses, San Pedro Mall, Hispanidad Foundad and the Rodigo Facio Campus in the University of Costa Rica. Next is the impressive Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and the beautiful National Theatre where you will have a guided visit. The tour continues on to the La Sabana Metropolitan Park, Costa Rican Contemporary Art Museum and much more. At the end of the tour, you will have the opportunity to shop.
- Poas Volcano National Park- 1 Full Day $ TBD
The Poas Volcano is the largest and most active volcano in Costa Rica sitting almost 9000 feet above sea level. Walking 15 minutes from the visitor's center, the main crater offers a spectacular view. It is a mile in diameter and still bubbles and emits smoke as well as exploding geysers up to 900 feet in the air. You will find a noticeable change in temperature and vegetation as you enter the exuberant cloud forest.
We recommend: light jacket, walking shoes binoculars and camera.
- Arenal Volcano & Hotsprings - 1 Full Day $ TBD
Arenal Volcano is a natural phenomenon that attracts people due to its extraordinary volcanic activity and hot springs. The trip includes a stop in the famous town of Sarchi, the birthplace of Costa Rica's artisans. Lunch is served at La Fortuna in a cozy restaurant in front of the volcano where you will have a beautiful view. You will relax in one of the best hot springs in the area. Dinner is served with a beautiful night view of the volcano where you will see incandescent light explosions before returning to San Jose.
- Nitrox Upgrade Pkg: $150 (10-day pkg)
- Airline Booking Fee (we book your flights for you): $35
- Extra Night Local Group Hotel d/o: TBA (helps to ensure you don't miss the boat)
- Extra Night Local Group Hotel s/o: TBA (helps to ensure you don't miss the boat)
- Tours: TBD (if enough interest.... we are looking at land-based Cocos to supplement the liveaboard)
Discounts & Rebates:
DISCOUNTS & DISCOUNT DISCLAIMER:
You must use the code when you book as they are not retroactive after you sign up UNLESS otherwise stated like the member rebate etc.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the accounting expenses of manually trying to do the discount is far exceeding the discount amount making it very prohibitive to manage this way. So please be sure to use the discount code AT TIME OF INITIAL BOOKING.
NOTE: The EBD or Early Booking Discounts can only be used as follows:
- When paying in full
- When you first sign up
- By the deadline given. After that deadline they disappear and the code will not work. (So please leave a buffer if you need to xfer money or have questions.)
- All packages include a $50 bonus off the price.
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Sep 5, 2019 for $450 (For total $500 with member $50 discount) For 10 days Only off ANY S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20SJO450EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Sep 17, 2019: for $250 off (For total of $300 off with member $50 discount) any S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20SJO250EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Sep 30, 2019: for $250 off (For total of $300 off with member $50 discount)y on S/O or D/O SUITE ONLY (Use COUPON CODE: 20SJO250EBD-suite)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Oct 30, 2019 for $100 off any S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20xxx100EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Nov 30, 2019: for $75 off any S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20xxx75EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Jan 30, 2020: for $50 off any S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20xxx50EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Mar 30, 2020: for $25 off any S/O or D/O (Use COUPON CODE: 20xxx25EBD)
- Pay in full at time of Booking by Apr 30, 2020: and get a guaranteed $25 gift certificate off any merchandise SingleDivers.com sells including partner products.
- Deposit by Jun 30, 2020: Get (1) chance to win a FREE Stream2Sea Travel Product Pkg & (1) Chance to Win $25 gift certificate good on any merchandise sold via SingleDIvers.com
- Social Media Discounts: 1 chance to win a FREE $50 gift certificate for purchases from anyone of our Corporate Sponsors such as Big Blue Dive Lights, Stream2Sea, Coreskin, Cochran, BottomCrawlers or SD merchandise for 1) signing up on our Facebook Trip Event for this trip AND 2) for liking SD.com if you haven't already AND 3) for sharing the FB Trip booking on your personal page! (GET A BONUS ENTRY FOR EVERY GROUP OR FRIEND'S PAGE YOU SHARE IT TOO...must tell us in the email below)
- (Must do all three!) - To enter send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your postings along with COCOS SOCIAL MEDIA ENTRIES in the title.
- Cash Discount: Use our e-check option to pay for your trip and our RED CASH DISCOUNTED PRICES will be applied at checkout.
- Active Duty Military Discount: $25 OFF Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom. Thank you for your service. (Please be prepared to provide proof of service in person at time of check in)
- Member Rebate: File for your $25 member rebate within 30 days after the trip for SD premier and above membership levels (See my forums signature for link to the forms forum or click on the green Paper Forms button at the top of the forums . If you are new to the site send an email to email@example.com to get the password. PLEASE follow the directions on the form for proper submission & processing.)
- SAVE $75 by submitting your Documents within 21 days of booking this trip. If booking within 45 days of the trip please submit your documents within 3 days. Otherwise the $75 document processing fee will be added to your final invoice.
Only one (1) coupon code can be used per order.
An overnight stay in San Jose is required prior to the trip due to airline schedules. SingleDivers.com will be booking a group hotel to facilitate this overnight stay. We will also help facilitate add'l nights for sight seeing etc.
1. Holiday Inn Express Forum San Jose, Costa Rica -
Preferred Host Hotel – Transfer included from this hotel.
NOTE: We do not allow for specific bunks nor cabins to be reserved. You are free to request anything you want via our reservation system but we cannot guarantee any special requests can be accommodated other than those related to injuries, diets, etc. We allow roommates to determine amongst themselves who sleeps where. Our policy has always been to allow divers to work it out themselves and NOT assign nor allow sign ups for specific bunks.
Please do not book this trip if you must have a specific cabin or rooming accommodations. If HOWEVER you are injured and wish to email us in advance to discuss special accommodations please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to discuss if the trip is suited for your specific limitation and/or we can accommodate you. Thank you for your understanding.
Master Stateroom INCLUDES SLEEP TOGETHER DISCOUNT IN THE PRICE OF THIS SPECIFIC CABIN (#1)
Queen bed, private facilities, montor with media player, mirrored cabinet, full length mirror, wardrobe, bathrobes, hairdryer, toiletries, fresh towels daily.
A large luxurious suite featuring 2 twin beds (fixed), picture window, bamboo wood flooring, a 42 inch flat screen monitor with media player, private minibar/refrigerator, granite side table for private in-cabin dining, wood paneling, upholstered headboard, large bathroom with travertine floors, and separate glass enclosures for toliet and showers.
Deluxe Stateroom (# 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Double bed (lower) and twin bed (upper) bunk-style, private facilities, mirrored cabinet, wardrobe, bathrobes, hairdryer, toiletries, fresh towels daily.
Suite SLEEP TOGETHER DISCOUNT INCLUDED ON THIS ROOM (#11)
A large luxurious suite featuring a king bed, picture window, bamboo wood flooring, a 42 inch flat screen monitor with media player private minibar/refrigerator, granite side table for private in-cabin dining, wood paneling, upholstered headboard, large bathroom with traverine floors, and separate glass enclosures for tolie and showers.
All staterooms are air-conditioned and fitted with private toilets, showers and sinks. Breakfast (cooked to order), buffet lunch and an elegant chef prepared meal at dinner with tableside service are served in addition to fresh mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks. Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are complimentary while onboard. The yacht is equipped with hairdryers in each stateroom. Linens are changed mid-week and fresh towels are placed in each stateroom as needed. Filled tanks, weights and weight belts are included.
The Okeanos Aggressor II is a 120’ yacht, built and powered for comfort, safety and stability. She is diesel- powered, cruises at 10 knots and has 110-volt power on board. Comfortable accommodations for 22 guests include 9 deluxe staterooms with double bed lower and twin bed upper, 1 master deluxe stateroom with a queen bed, and 2 suites of which one has two twin beds and the other a king bed. Each cabin features a private head and shower, and storage space for your luggage. The Okeanos Aggressor II has a spacious salon, covered and uncovered sun deck area, chaise lounges, deck chairs, bar, grill, and a complete photo center. The onboard video format is both NTSC and PAL
The yacht has a safe onboard to store valuables such as passports, cash, credit cards or anything else you would like to store. The yachts are not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items. We highly recommend extreme caution and care be taken if you plan to travel onboard with electronic equipment. This equipment should always be stowed after use to avoid the risk of damage.
Email is available onboard through the satellite system. There is a charge for incoming and outgoing email. Private calls may be made from the yacht. When diving at Cocos Island, there is a cell tower with intermittent reception. There is no coverage in Caño Island.
Travel & Transfer Details:
Arrival one day in advance in San Jose is required prior to the trip due to airline schedules. Recommended hotels are the host hotels, Holiday Inn Escazu and Holiday Inn Express Forum in San Jose where group transfers are provided from.
Guests will be met by a representative in uniform at the two host hotels, the Holiday Inn Escazu at 7:00 am and Holiday Inn Express Forum at 7:20 am on the day of departure. There is a two-hour air-conditioned bus ride o Puntarenas, which showcases some of Costa Rica’s most beautiful views. The OKEANOS AGGRESSOR II cruises approximately 36 hours to Cocos Island.
Boarding depends on the tide schedule. Immediately after boarding the yacht departs for its crossing to Cocos Island to prepare for diving Monday morning. After a full seven days of diving, he OKEANOS AGGRESSOR II, returns back to the dock in Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Check out is Tuesday morning at 7:30 am. Transportation is provided back to the host hotels or San Jose (SJO) airport from the yacht at the end of the charter. Book flights after 12:30 pm.
PUNTARENAS DOCK ADDRESS
For guests making their own way to Puntarenas, Costa Rica to the Okeanos Aggressor II here is the address: 50 metros Oeste de la “Antigua Municipalidad” de Puntarenas, Tapia azul, porton blanco or 50 meters West of the “old municipality” of Puntarenas, Blue wall, White gate. You may also find it on Waze as “Okeanos Aggressor Dock/Muelle” and in Goggle Maps as “Okeanos Dock/Muelle/Okeanos Aggressor”.
Visitors must have a current passport, adequate funds to support themselves, and a return airline ticket. US citizens require a passport that must be valid for 6 months from the date of entry. It is the travelers’ responsibility to ensure they have the proper visa to travel into each country on his or her itinerary as well as for re-entry and return to their country. Since regulations vary by country, contact your consulate or embassy of your country for the requirement.
Dive Assure please reference SingleDivers.com via the drop down menu under GLOBAL PARTNERS. Click here for Dive Assure for either a 'one time' policy OR ! an annual policy that is either BOTH Dive & Trip Insurance providing PRIMARY COVERAGE with excellent rates and coverage OR JUST TRIP INSURANCE. They offer annual plans as well as one-time policies. They are not the cheapest but they are the most hassle free when filing a claim.
Cocos Islands Diving & Itinerary:
. 10 nights Charter Sample Itinerary
- Day 1 Meet in front of host hotel. Transfer to Puntarenas for boarding and departure for Cocos Island.
- Day 2 - 3 Arrive to Cocos Island, diving begins
- Day 4 - 9 Eat, Sleep & Dive
- Day 9 -10 Travel back to Puntarenas.
- Day 11 Check out at 7 am and transfer to San Jose Airport or host hotels.
COCOS ISLAND DIVING CONDITIONS You will be diving in water that averages 72 - 82°F with cool thermoclines. Most guests make as many as 3-4 dives each day (night diving is currently not offered), so some sort of protection is needed. A 3-5mm wetsuit is recommended year-round.
The primary attractions in Cocos are the large pelagics, i.e. hammerhead sharks, rays, mantas, turtles, and enormous schools of fish. Occasionally, there are sightings of whale sharks, marlin, and Bottle-Nosed. The bottom of the ocean floor at Cocos Island is volcanic rock. Most of the action is between 50 100 feet with visibility in the 80-100 feet range. All diving is from pangas. You can make up to 4 dives a day: night diving is currently not offered. The approximate 36hour cruise to the island, and return cruise 28-32 hours, can be uncomfortable to some. We recommend taking precautions for motion sickness. Beginner divers may consider Cocos Island diving slightly difficult due to its ruggedness and currents. This trip is not recommended to new divers or handicapped divers.
DELUXE PROGRESS PAYMENTS:
1. Deposit: 12/20/19 - $1500
2. Payment: 1/20/20 - $810
3. Payment: 2/20/29 - $810
4. Payment: 3/20/20 - $810
5. Payment: 4/20/20 - $810
6. Payment: 5/20/20 - $809 – Balance + All Add-Ons.
MASTER PROGRESS PAYMENTS:
1. Deposit: 12/20/19 - $1500
2. Payment: 1/20/20 - $870
3. Payment: 2/20/29 - $870
4. Payment: 3/20/20 - $870
5. Payment: 4/20/20 - $870
6. Payment: 5/20/20 - $869 – Balance + All Add-Ons.
SUITE PROGRESS PAYMENTS:
1. Deposit: 12/20/19 - $1500
2. Payment: 1/20/20 - $1010
3. Payment: 2/20/29 - $1010
4. Payment: 3/20/20 - $1010
5. Payment: 4/20/20 - $1010
6. Payment: 5/20/20 - $1009 – Balance + All Add-Ons.
Note: Trip must be paid in full 90 days prior to departure. Extras must also be paid in full 60 days prior i.e., Nitrox, extra nights etc. IF YOU NEED EXTRA TIME LET US KNOW! (Note that to add an extra to the trip you must pay for it when you add it.)
SingleDivers.com uses a secure payment gateway fully integrated into our online booking system that allows you to pay for trips or merchandise using the following payment options:
- An online e-check that debits your checking account automatically without having to mail in a check or having your bank mail a check from your account
- An online credit card transaction that eliminates the need to fill out a credit card authorization form. (Note int'l cards please use AA as your *STATE* designation and 12345 as your zip code and the charge should go thru. Please also note that we only can accept MC and Visa.
SingleDivers.com provides its members with pricing that reflects all possible savings available including discounts from our over 10,000 member buying clout. We offer a CASH DISCOUNT that is always in BOLD RED LETTERS along with our regular pricing for easier comparison of all possible savings. The cash discount will be taken at the time of payment when you choose the "e-check" option.
HOW TO PAY:
- As you sign up for a trip you will add either the trip deposit amount or the full trip price to the shopping cart. You can also add any extras you wish to purchase but you will have to pay for them whenever you sign up for them. So if you are not ready to pay for nitrox now but want us to know you will be adding it to your order...please use the comment box to let us know ultimately what you are signing up for and any other special concerns you have or information you want us to know. Just understand we will not show you listed as doing something until it is paid for.
- When you are ready to pay for the extras you want you will click on the BOOK NOW button for the trip you are on and select the add-on(s) that you wish to pay for, add them to your cart and then check out. Depending on the trip you may need to click on the purple TAKE ME TO THE ADD-ON'S BOX. You will then either pay via e-check or credit card depending on whether you want a discount for cash or prefer the convenience of payment over time.
- When its time to make a progress payment you will click on MY TRIPS under TRIPS on the main menu. You will see "Make a Payment" under PAYMENTS in the upper right. Then choose what you are paying for and complete your payment.
- After each order you place with us you will receive an email order and payment confirmation. If you do not receive these TWO email confirmations (one showing the order at full price and one showing what was debited from your account including the cash discount) check in MY PAYMENTS to see if the payment was successful. If you do not see the payment in your My Trips then MAKE THE PAYMENT AGAIN. You will always get an order confirmation email every time you attempt an email but you will ONLY get a Payment Confirmation email when your payment was successful. If you need assistance please email.
- The MY PAYMENTS section is located under the PAYMENTS option found in the upper right of the MY TRIPS area of our site which is found under the TRIPS tab in the main menu.
- Only payments received via our secure online payment gateway/portal will be accepted and will qualify for early payment discounts. (So check before you book for any discounts you may qualify for as they cannot be applied after booking.)
- If you are unable to use the gateway please provide a complete description of the problem/error you are encountering INCLUDING A SCREEN CAPTURE of the error here: SUBMIT HELP TICKET
- If International/ Non-US Clients and your credit card payment does not work, either use AA as the state and 12345 as the zip or please use our traditional written credit authorization form to submit your credit card payment. To receive this form click on SUBMIT HELP TICKET.
Experience Required & Training/Workshops:
- Minimum Certification / Experience: Cocos diving is open to MOST levels of certification OW (with LOTS of experience) and up, at nearly any experience level. Best for divers who are comfortable with currents, using reef hooks, drift diving, diving beyond 60 ft and able to control your breathing when seeing amazing things like sharks, rays etc show up. We suggest AOW or equivalent or OW with 50+ dives in a good range of different diving conditions. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com to discuss your personal situation! NOTE: The rent a buddy program will be extremely limited on this trip. All new divers MUST check with firstname.lastname@example.org prior to this trip to ensure its a great fit for you.
- Certification in Paradise is NOT AVAILABLE on this trip - Ask us about different certifications available on this trip. Its always nice to get certified in Paradise. Let us help you do this! Its always nice to get certified in Paradise. Let us help you do this!
Edited by WreckWench, 27 August 2019 - 12:39 PM.