• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Ocean Oasis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bjknight64

bjknight64

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced And Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:many

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:42 AM

New imax flic out right now, at least in houston.... Im going to go check out Ocean Oasis tonight at the Museum imax.

Anyone seen it yet or know if its good or not. Its about the Sea of Cortez and Baja. Looks good saw the preview.

:lmao: :D

#2 bjknight64

bjknight64

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced And Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:many

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

Awards

• Winner—Wildscreen Film Festival "Panda Award" also known as the "Green Oscar" presented to the "best large format picture" at the Wildscreen Film Festival (October 2002)

• Winner—Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival "Best Theatrical Program Award" for "the program produced for large format or conventional motion picture theaters that most effectively advances an appreciation of the natural world." (October 2001)

• International Film & Video Festival Conservation Award

• Houston Wildlife Film Festival Platinum Award

• SEASPACE/PADI Project Aware—Environmental Awareness Award (2003)

#3 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

Ocean Oasis has been released before (I bought the DVD 2 or 3 years ago), but it's worth watching in the big screen. The video was stunning, wish I'd seen it first time 'round.

'Course *I'm* no point of reference, 'cos I like ALL of the underwater IMAX flix. This one was particularly pretty, as I'm also a big fan of the desert... :)

#4 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:11 PM

Well I missed this the first time around then too. I hope our IMAX will plan on playing it at some point! Right now all they are showing is Superman Returns and Greece: Secrets of the Past until September.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users