• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Canon Housing WP-DC800

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:20 AM

I have a Canon underwater Housing WP-DC800 which fits a Canon S500, S410, S400 Powershot digital camera. The housing was recently taken to 93 feet and the kleenex is still inside :welcome: It also has 2 brand new O-rings in original box with the manual. Recently sold on EBay for $132 - $137. It is ours for $100 plus shipping and insurance if you choose. NOTE: the new O-rings were $20. So this a a real deal!

Can use interal flash or use the internal flash to trigger a slaved external strobe like those made by Sea & Sea or Ikelite.

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Construction: Polycarbonate
* Control Type: Mechanical
* Controls: All
* Depth Rating: 130' (40 m)
* Buoyancy: Positive
* Port: Fixed, Flat
* Internal Flash Usable: Yes
* External Strobe Connector: No
* TTL Compatible: No, TTL Slave Sensor will provide auto exposure
* Moisture Alarm: None
* Color: Clear
* Dimensions (WxHxD): 5.1 x 3.6 x 3.3" (130.8 x 90.6 x 83mm)
* Weight (without Camera): 10.9 oz. (310 g)
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#2 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

I have a Canon underwater Housing WP-DC800 which fits a Canon S500, S410, S400 Powershot digital camera. The housing was recently taken to 93 feet and the kleenex is still inside :o It also has 2 brand new O-rings in original box with the manual. Recently sold on EBay for $132 - $137. It is ours for $100 plus shipping and insurance if you choose. NOTE: the new O-rings were $20. So this a a real deal!

Can use interal flash or use the internal flash to trigger a slaved external strobe like those made by Sea & Sea or Ikelite.

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Construction: Polycarbonate
* Control Type: Mechanical
* Controls: All
* Depth Rating: 130' (40 m)
* Buoyancy: Positive
* Port: Fixed, Flat
* Internal Flash Usable: Yes
* External Strobe Connector: No
* TTL Compatible: No, TTL Slave Sensor will provide auto exposure
* Moisture Alarm: None
* Color: Clear
* Dimensions (WxHxD): 5.1 x 3.6 x 3.3" (130.8 x 90.6 x 83mm)
* Weight (without Camera): 10.9 oz. (310 g)

I have an SD400 Canon. I'm not sure if this would fit! It would be so PERFECT if it did! I'm looking for housing for it!
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#3 AirHead

AirHead

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:29 AM

Hi MissOcean,

Jill has not been online in awhile so she might not be seeing your reply. You could check Canon's website as they list all their underwater housings and which housing fits which camera. You can buy a new canon housing for about the $130 or so that Jill says. Just find the housing that fits your camera (from the canon site) then do a search for that housing and you will find plenty of places to buy.

Buz
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#4 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

I have an SD400 Canon. I'm not sure if this would fit! It would be so PERFECT if it did! I'm looking for housing for it!

The Powershot SD400 uses the Canon AW-DC30 housing.

You can look at one BY CLICKING HERE. Note that the item is currently shown as on backorder, so you may want to preorder if possible when availability comes around.

PlatypusMan
...NO, Sparky--you can't have one of *those*, either...

#5 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:03 AM

The Powershot SD400 uses the Canon AW-DC30 housing.

You can look at one BY CLICKING HERE. Note that the item is currently shown as on backorder, so you may want to preorder if possible when availability comes around.

PlatypusMan
...NO, Sparky--you can't have one of *those*, either...

it only goes in 9' of water though...
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#6 AirHead

AirHead

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

Yep.... You are correct

You might be out of luck with the sd400 right now. On digideep.com the only housing listed for the sd400 is the AW DC30
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users