• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

South Carolina DOM (Official Dive of the Month) Sept 16th

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

We will be combining our annual clean up day on Sept 16 with SingleDivers.com and the Dive of The Month.
Our annual event will also include a dive site addition and some repair work on existing sites.

This is an opportunity to have a great dive and give something back to the environmental effort. :o

There will be a cookout at the lake at midday surface interval.
Bring something for a side item and Off The Wall Charters will supply the hotdogs and trimmings and a Grill. You can put your own items on the grill if you want to bring something more.

The event will combine walk in diving as well as boat diving and just walking the shoreline for non divers. Therefore the only charge for your dog will be the trash you cleaned up from the bottom of the lake or from the shore. This is an honor system and everyone with access to a boat and willingness to help out is appreciated. Please post as to your contributions and willingness to help a good cause. :cool1:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#2 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

What lake?
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#3 dad+2(.5)

dad+2(.5)

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:open water,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:42 AM

What lake?

:o :cool1: :D
Lake Joccasse,This is the lake I was telling you about when you first moved up here,I hope you can make it.
If you need directions, just let me know. or if we coordinate times you could follow us down.

Bill, do have a time you want everyone to meet in the morning? at your shop?

My crew will consist of 3 shore and 1 diver and a bowl of tater salad and some chips.

If this is what we talked about at the last DOM, this will be a very cool dive!

Edited by dad+2(.5), 08 September 2006 - 08:43 AM.

"Here's to woman! Would that we could fall into her arms without falling into her hands"Ambrose Bierce, quoted in Grattan's Bitter Bierce

#4 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

I am supposed to be diving in Florida that weekend but if not I will be there! Is a 3mil okay?

Ghandi

#5 John K. Luedeman

John K. Luedeman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver & Nitrox - >100 dives
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:34 AM

We will be combining our annual clean up day on Sept 16 with SingleDivers.com and the Dive of The Month.
Our annual event will also include a dive site addition and some repair work on existing sites.

This is an opportunity to have a great dive and give something back to the environmental effort. :unsure:

Bring something for a side item and Off The Wall Charters will supply the hotdogs and trimmings and a Grill. You can put your own items on the grill if you want to bring something more.

The event will combine walk in diving as well as boat diving and just walking the shoreline for non divers. Therefore the only charge for your dog will be the trash you cleaned up from the bottom of the lake or from the shore. This is an honor system and everyone with access to a boat and willingness to help out is appreciated. Please post as to your contributions and willingness to help a good cause. :-D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :diver:

I'll be there (John Luedeman) as will Austin Oliver. We'll try to bring some chicken strips. We'll come about 1:00 pm and do the afternoon sweep.

John

#6 dad+2(.5)

dad+2(.5)

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

I am supposed to be diving in Florida that weekend but if not I will be there! Is a 3mil okay?

:unsure: :-D :diver: I hope so! Bill? I don't know how much the temps have dropped at the lake recently..but 3 mil has been the norm so far.
"Here's to woman! Would that we could fall into her arms without falling into her hands"Ambrose Bierce, quoted in Grattan's Bitter Bierce

#7 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:10 AM

I have a 2-seat DiveYak that could come in handy, if somebody wants to paddle with me. Where (and what time) specifically are we marshalling the forces? What about tanks/fills? Rent 'em there? Bring 'em with?

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#8 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

OK, the meeting time is 8:00 at the shop for those that need to rent tanks and for those that are ready to dive the time to meet is 8:45 am at the main boat ramp for Devils Fork State Park next to the park store. The boat ride will be free , it will serve as a shuttle during the day. We will be coordinating with divers in the morning and afternoon for pick ups. Our normal charter fee is waved but tanks will not be included. If you are using your tanks and diving from your boat or doing a walk-in dive your air fills are free with a bag of trash as proof of your participation. :-D
The hotdog picnic will be held about 1:00 PM, location to be announced when I know how many are going to show up.
That being said. Please post your intentions and what your contribution will consist of. :unsure:
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#9 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:53 AM

OK, the meeting time is 8:00 at the shop <snip>

Please forgive my ignorance, since I'm not familiar with Jocassee: "the shop" is Off The Wall, right?

Please post your intentions and what your contribution will consist of. :unsure:

I'm bringing myself, the DiveYak with 2 sets of paddles and PFDs to keep the DNR guys happy, and a big 'ol bag of potato chips. What about drinks? I'll pitch in a 2L Diet Coke, too.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#10 dad+2(.5)

dad+2(.5)

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

:welcome: :fish2: :fish: Small change of plans..the tadpoles wont be attending this one due to their fears concerning the possability of at least one of them having to pick up trash.

I belive this may be a condition related to their phobia of cleaning their room

I will still be attending...so will the tater salad and chips

Edited by dad+2(.5), 12 September 2006 - 06:44 AM.

#11 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Looks like I will be attending as well! I don't know what I am bringing food wise but it will be yummy!!!!!

Ghandi

#12 bottomcruser

bottomcruser

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox, Dry Suit
  • Logged Dives:12,000++ from 1955

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:15 PM

Will bring goodies to eat and drop off at Bill's on the way to the diver's ramp.
:fish2: The three of us may join up in the PM.
BTW a full 5mm wet suit is the most confortable at this time.

#13 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

Hey everyone,
I would like to have you bring a dive flag float and real if you own one to the cleanup. This will keep everyone safe and help the boats keep up with where he divers have searched. We will be doing the cookout here at the shop at 1:00 while tanks are refilled and the afternoon group assembles. Off The Wall Dive Charters is on the right side of Jocassee Lake Rd. between hwy 11 and Devils Fork State Park in Salem SC.
Call the shop at 864-944-9255 for directions or see attachment below
map.jpg

#14 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:59 PM

This is an opportunity to have a great dive and give something back to the environmental effort. :fish2:

The event will combine walk in diving as well as boat diving and just walking the shoreline for non divers. Therefore the only charge for your dog will be the trash you cleaned up from the bottom of the lake or from the shore. This is an honor system and everyone with access to a boat and willingness to help out is appreciated. Please post as to your contributions and willingness to help a good cause. :fish2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :fish:

I'll be there (John Luedeman) as will Austin Oliver. We'll try to bring some chicken strips. We'll come about 1:00 pm and do the afternoon sweep.

John

Welcome to the board John, we are so glad you found us!!! Please take a moment and post an intro here: in the New to SingleDivers.com forum so you can be properly welcomed by the SD community! Looking forward to meeting ya Saturday!!!

Ghandi

#15 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

Will bring goodies to eat and drop off at Bill's on the way to the diver's ramp.
:fish2: The three of us may join up in the PM.
BTW a full 5mm wet suit is the most confortable at this time.

:fish2: to the board!! We are so glad you found us!!! Please take a moment and post an intro here: in the NEW to Singledivers.com forum so you can be welcomed by all of the SD community! Looking forward to meeting ya Saturday, and thanks for the wetsuit recommendation!!!

Ghandi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users