• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Jersey area HH

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

Just wondering...
I missed the last happy hour and it seems as though it has been awhile, is anyone up for one?

#2 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:01 PM

I'm up for it. Just not the weekend of Oct 7-8 as I will be on the SD NC trip.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#3 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:07 AM

I've been ready for a while :birthday:

#4 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

How about a day of diving to close the season at Dutch Springs, followed by a dinner somewhere in the vicinity.

I'm sure there are some local restaurants that could handle a medium sized crowd on short notice. We can just call in a reservation once we know how many people show up.

I suggest Saturday the 21st. Any takers?

I might even have my invention ready for testing by then, so you might get to see me blow myself up. ;)
BB

#5 drckw

drckw

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW diver , tend to prefer warm waters
  • Logged Dives:>100 mostly in Caribbean, CA , Hawaii

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:21 PM

How about a day of diving to close the season at Dutch Springs, followed by a dinner somewhere in the vicinity.

I'm sure there are some local restaurants that could handle a medium sized crowd on short notice. We can just call in a reservation once we know how many people show up.

I suggest Saturday the 21st. Any takers?

I might even have my invention ready for testing by then, so you might get to see me blow myself up. :)

I'm good for the 21st. Need to get my computer back from repair; it started leaking bubbles in Roatan. Should be back by then.

#6 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

I'm good for the 21st. Need to get my computer back from repair; it started leaking bubbles in Roatan. Should be back by then.

Great, that's two of us so far.

By the way, I have an extra Aeris 1 computer you are welcome to borrow if yours isn't ready. Easy to operate. It only works for air, but I'm guessing that's what we'll be diving with anyway.
BB

#7 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

Unfortunately the 21st is not a definite for me. I am supposed to go on a boat but it seems up in the air right now. If the boat trip does not go I will be there.

#8 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

I think everyone is waiting for the weather forecast for the 21st. before commiting :D
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#9 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:21 AM

The following bulletin has not been validated by anyone.......

A recent DAN* study identified a disease called Up-Syndrome that strikes avid divers who have not been diving for over a month. Early symptoms vary, but usually include at least one of the following:

• Loitering in the supermarket fish department.

• Driving with your mask and fins on.

• Making obscene phone calls to rock climbers and skiers.

• Uncontrollably hugging people that greet you with “Hey Buddy”.

• A desire to go diving.

The social cost of Up-Syndrome is estimated to be in the hundreds of dollars per year, prompting a bill in the U.S. Senate that would appropriate $365 million for further study.

* Drunks And Nutters

If you believe you have been afflicted with Up-Syndrome, don’t panic, there is a cure. You can simply attend the emergency SD Happy Hour at Dutch Springs on Saturday, October 21, 2006 and go diving with me and whoever else decides to show up. I’ll be at the entry gate by 9:30 a.m. and plan to migrate down to the dive ramp nearest the Water Park with my gear by 10:30 a.m.

I plan to bring my own lunch. But, for anyone interested, daytime diving will be followed by dinner at some local establishment that doesn’t mind serving guests with wet hair and mask marks on their face.

The diving season at Dutch Springs is nearing its end. This may be the last chance you have to save yourself (and your tax dollars) from Up-Syndrome.

If I get rained out on Saturday, I plan to go Sunday instead.

Post here to let me and others know if you plan to attend.

Use this link for more information on diving at Dutch Springs.

http://www.dutchsprings.com/

You can ask questions about Dutch Springs here on this thread too, since many SDer’s know the park very well.

Hope to see you there!
BB

#10 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

Now we have two treads going on this same happy hour/dive and still no takers, maybe you should post it on a diving board instead of this guess who got engaged board.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#11 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

Well, looks like the boat trip is a no go, so I may be there.

#12 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

Is that this weekend? My mind is mush right now. If it is, I won't be there 'cause I have to be somewhere Sunday and I'm going out Friday night, and I think I had to do something on Sat but I can' remember what it was.
Besides, I hate Dutch Springs.

#13 drckw

drckw

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW diver , tend to prefer warm waters
  • Logged Dives:>100 mostly in Caribbean, CA , Hawaii

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:28 PM

Still don't have my reg and computer back from dive shop;; not impressed with dive shop. Need to find a new one. But would like a last water dip - yeah, I hear you about Dutch Springs. Right now I'm in California, may be exhausted by time I get back from the red eye.

#14 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

Well, looks like the boat trip is a no go, so I may be there.

Sorry about the boat trip, but, great if you can make it to DS. Let's plan on everyone checking in with a definite yey or ney sometime Friday so we will at least have an idea who to look for.

We should have a better idea on the weather forecast by then too.

By the way, I posted for this HH under another thread too. Its called Emergency NJ Happy Hour. It's the same event. I would try to move it to this thread but I don't know how.
BB

#15 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:50 PM

Still don't have my reg and computer back from dive shop;; not impressed with dive shop. Need to find a new one. But would like a last water dip - yeah, I hear you about Dutch Springs. Right now I'm in California, may be exhausted by time I get back from the red eye.

No excuses. Just kidding :cheerleader: But, I do have an extra Mares Abyss Reg setup with octo and gauges, and an Aeris Atmos 1 (air only) dive computer. You are more than welcome to borrow them. Just let me know if you are interested.
BB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users