• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10 Spots Left! June 9-16 2007 Singles Week in Grenada! "Spice up the Week" with Singles

• Please log in to reply
716 replies to this topic

#691 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

Several of our members i.e. Shadragon, Moose etc in conjunction with Tolly, fingrabber and myself are working on a db program and interface that will allow you to sign up for options on a trip, make changes and have the program calculate your total for you. This will help going forward when we offer complex trips like this one! We are VERY excited about this future fix and eagerly look forward to giving vital input for the project on this trip!

Actually, I finished it. It's waiting for WW's input to make it exactly what she wants. (But with all the trips, we haven't been able to get the time yet.)

Affectionally called, "The SingleDivers Easy Trip User Planner" or "The Set Up" for short. :thankyou:

It will do all the pricing and calulations for all upcoming trips. It will allow the end users to pick and choose the options they want and then give them a total price. Then it tracks all payments and lets you know what you owe in real time.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#692 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:11 AM

OK,I just got back from Boston and I checked the spreadsheet.

You have me wrong for the night boat dive. I DO want that.

Also, I'm pretty sure (about 95% possitive) that I filled out the Waiver and Survey. Either there is another form I'm missing, or you didn't get it (or it's just wrong on the spreadsheet.)

Since I haven't heard back from you about what you prefer for my last payment, I'll bring my checkbook with me and write you a check down there for my balance. (Which isn't listed on the spreadsheet.)
Moose

#693 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

FG, (1) Spreadsheet looks good. "check" (2) Reconfirm Air Jamaica Itenerary- "check"
:cheerleader: Nice Job! and thanks, Zach :cool2:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#694 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:13 AM

FG, (1) Spreadsheet looks good. "check" (2) Reconfirm Air Jamaica Itenerary- "check"
:cheerleader: Nice Job! and thanks, Zach :cool2:

Thanks, Zach!

see ya in Grenada!!

#695 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

OK,I just got back from Boston and I checked the spreadsheet.

You have me wrong for the night boat dive. I DO want that.

Also, I'm pretty sure (about 95% possitive) that I filled out the Waiver and Survey. Either there is another form I'm missing, or you didn't get it (or it's just wrong on the spreadsheet.)

Since I haven't heard back from you about what you prefer for my last payment, I'll bring my checkbook with me and write you a check down there for my balance. (Which isn't listed on the spreadsheet.)

Hey Moose,

I can't wait to see this "Set Up" you've worked on...you'll have to do a demo in Grenada

I've updated the spreadsheet with the Night Boat Dive...WW will review the final cost with you in Grenada.

See ya in Grenada!!

#696 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

Important Update!!

I have gotten word from the resort that everyone's hotel and diving voucher will be waiting in Grenada! Also, for your airport transfers, the ground transportation company will be waiting outside with a sign showing True Blue Bay Resort/Singledivers.com and they will have a list of everyone on a given flight. For example, divers who are arriving on American at 755pm will be met by the ground transporation personnel and they will have you listed on their manifest.

#697 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

Well folks, I am out the door in a few minutes. One last bag to pack and then I am on my way to Grenada early tomorrow morning. While waiting for everyone else to arrive I will use the extra time to scout out the hot spots and make sure the pool bar water depth is within recreational limits. :cheerleader:

Full trip reports to follow with pictures and suitable name changes to protect the innocent... ...and me...

Plus, I will finally get to meet Her Royal Wenchiness. I have been practicing my curtsies and ring kissing all week...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#698 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

Well folks, I am out the door in a few minutes. One last bag to pack and then I am on my way to Grenada early tomorrow morning. While waiting for everyone else to arrive I will use the extra time to scout out the hot spots and make sure the pool bar water depth is within recreational limits. :cheerleader:

Full trip reports to follow with pictures and suitable name changes to protect the innocent... ...and me...

Plus, I will finally get to meet Her Royal Wenchiness. I have been practicing my curtsies and ring kissing all week...

Enjoy, I'll be there in a few days. If you can prepare the locals for Moose's visit as well. Normally that means having all the fathers lock up there lil'ins and making sure people have plenty of meat on hand to feed a wandering Moose. :cool2:
Moose

#699 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Enjoy, I'll be there in a few days. If you can prepare the locals for Moose's visit as well. Normally that means having all the fathers lock up there lil'ins and making sure people have plenty of meat on hand to feed a wandering Moose. :P

Something tells me they've never seen a Moose before :cool2:

#700 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

Something tells me they've never seen a Moose before :cheerleader:

After next week, I'll never want to see another one, either! :cool2:

Seriously, I'm going to be good. Even thought i have Diplomatic Immunity, I don't plan on using it! :P

I bought all my school supplies, but my scuba shop was out of shorties. I'll have to buy one when I get down there!
Moose

#701 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

Something tells me they've never seen a Moose before :cheerleader:

After next week, I'll never want to see another one, either! :cool2:

Seriously, I'm going to be good. Even thought i have Diplomatic Immunity, I don't plan on using it! :P

I bought all my school supplies, but my scuba shop was out of shorties. I'll have to buy one when I get down there!

does Diplomatic Immunity extend to others in your party? Or just you?

#702 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

Just me, that's what is the MOST fun about!

Edited by Moose, 07 June 2007 - 01:16 PM.

Moose

#703 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Just me, that's what is the MOST fun about!

that doesn't sound like much fun for me!!

#704 AirHog68

AirHog68

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

DM Services or Buy a Buddy!

Ok so I'm getting all kinds of questions about our DM services or "Buy a DM Buddy" program that we offer. Let me try to list the reasons we innovated the program and offer this service. :cool1:

Fact: Most divers are proficient in their chosen careers/fields/jobs. They are competent, often extremely successful and at the top of their game.

Fact: When above said person takes up a new sport such as scuba that has so many task loading elements to it and they may not get to practice as often as necessary to become equally as proficient as the diver is in their day job...this places uneccesary strain/stress on the newer diver.

Fact: Very few dive operators offer A DM For the Day or Buy a DM Buddy program. If they do they are often expensive and you feel as if you are using them for remedial services and not as a competitive edge.

Solution: SingleDivers.com has created a way for you to ease the stress of being a newer diver and focus on what is important...LEARNING TO DIVE BETTER AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT YOUR DIVE BUDDY, NAVIGATION, ETC.

How Does it Work: SingleDivers.com works very hard to help you find a suitable dive buddy...one that has similar air consumption, likes to dive the same way you do, has similar ideas about buddy teams, and basically matches your diving style. Our former trip participants know we work very hard to help make these buddy teams work and as a result you'll have a similar skilled dive buddy for your trip. Why is this important? A newer divers does not want to slow a more experienced diver down or hold them back from doing what they want to do. A more experienced diver may not want the responsibility of diving with a newer diver. A non-working DM or instructor usually wants to dive for relaxation and fun if they are not working a trip and everyone wants a dive buddy that is suited to their skills, preferences and styles. These are ALL good things!

So how do we help our newer divers out? First we will match them with similar skilled divers as well as allow them to hire a dive buddy. This means the buddy could care less how long they take to get ready, how long they take for their surface interval, how long they dive or don't dive. This is VERY important for the newer diver as it puts them in complete control...this is where they are comfortable being anyway. Now if we can get people who are used to being in control BACK into control with their diving then they will do 1000% better naturally.

Second, when a newer diver does their early critical dives with a DM or above they can tweak their diving style/skills so as to NOT develop any bad habits but rather develop those of their diving coach. This is worth its weight in gold to the newer diver in bridging the skill gap they encounter tackling a new endeavor like diving. This can take numerous dives to do on your own or a week with a diving coach. :cool1:

Third...personalized attention. You are not hiring a baby sitter but rather a personalized diving coach who will look at what you are doing and suggest ways to improve your bouyancy, air consumption, trim etc. Again...do you want to develop bad habits early on then have to relearn good ones later or would you like to cut to the chase and be ahead of the learning curve by doing it better the first time around?

Fourth...comfort...when you are totally focused on being a better diver and not worried about being a good dive buddy, trying something new, trying to improve your own skills, worrying about where you are going or how to get back to the boat and how you look in the water etc. then you can easily and more comfortably enjoy your dives...improve your diving and not worry that you are slowing someone else down or holding them back. Again its all about YOUR COMFORT and this avenue gives you complete control and comfort!

So what does it cost? Well the cost is very reasonable at $50 per day or $125 for the week. You can use as much or as little of your DM as you like and for a few dollars you'll have the best buddy on the trip...guaranteed! :usflag:

Many of our previous clients have improved air consumption from a 20 minute dive to over a 40 minute dive by the end of the week. They have done their first drift dives, first night dives and first deep dives all with the safety and comfort of a professional dive buddy who is focused on them. They have advanced their diving to that resembling their dive coach but with relatively few dives under their belts. When I tell people a newer diver has hired a private SD Dive Guide on a previous trip...they have no problems getting anyone they want as a dive buddy! It really works great! And so you know...Fingrabber and I will be one of the private dive guides you can hire! :cool2:

Cost of trip $962+
Cost of Private Dive Coach $125
Cost of Peace of Mind and Diving with the infamous Fingrabber or Wreck Wench...Priceless!!!
:wakawaka:

Yesterday I responded that I wanted a DM for 2 days, but I'd rather sign-up for a private dive guide for the entire week for $125. This will be PERFECT for me. I had sent $50 via Pay Pal yesterday, and I will send the remainder now.

Thanks so much, and I can't wait to learn from you guys! :cheerleader:

I would like this too. Thanks for offering it. I am sending the $125 via paypal now.

#705 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

Excellent!!

I've added this to our resort spreadsheet :usflag:

0 user(s) are reading this topic