• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Truk Odyssey Liveaboard for 2009 as a group or 2008 as individuals

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

I have just discovered that the Truk Odyssey will have 16 openings for New Year's Eve 2008 and we have a chance at this date if we want it. But I need to know if people are interested. For more info on the boat and diving check here.

Here is the pricing for the liveaboard only (my guess is that the 2007 pricing will apply since the trip will run Sunday to Sunday and will start in Dec 2007):

Regular Pricing - 2005

$2,395/person, double occupancy

$3,595/guaranteed single occupancy

+ $60/person Chuuk taxes*

$2,495/person, double occupancy

$3,745/guaranteed single occupancy

$2,595/person, double occupancy

$3,895/guaranteed single occupancy

*Chuuk taxes = Bed tax, dive permit fee, and port charges.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:26 PM

Anyone interested in doing this trip for New Year's? Or is it too big of a trip too soon? Currently the Odyssey is taking 2009 bookings.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 Penguin

Penguin

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

Anyone interested in doing this trip for New Year's? Or is it too big of a trip too soon? Currently the Odyssey is taking 2009 bookings.

Kamala
I would love to do this trip but I think I am going to join you all Australia. I probably wouldn't have a job if I tried to take that much time off back to back. But, then again, that may not be a bad thing either.......

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

Kamala
I would love to do this trip but I think I am going to join you all Australia. I probably wouldn't have a job if I tried to take that much time off back to back. But, then again, that may not be a bad thing either.......

Cool! Better hurry if you are doing the Australia trip...its almost full! -ww

formerly...

#5 wtxblaze

wtxblaze

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox,AOW
  • Logged Dives:103

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

I'm interested, but what would we be looking at for airfare like out of Dallas? I'm looking at this or the Philippines. They both sound good.

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:01 AM

TRUK is no longer a choice for New Year's Eve but we are looking at it for 2009. Anyone interested? Kamala

formerly...

#7 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

TRUK is no longer a choice for New Year's Eve but we are looking at it for 2009. Anyone interested? Kamala

Damn... Would you stop posting these dream trips... You are inadvertently draining my house down-payment fund for the next three years...! hahaha
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#8 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

Hi Kamala,

...well, I know '09 is a long way off still, but it's been in the back of my mind as a pretty neat trip....is there any way you can pencil in preliminary details....... land-based / liveaboard / dates / pricing ?

Thanks,

Karl

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hi Kamala,

...well, I know '09 is a long way off still, but it's been in the back of my mind as a pretty neat trip....is there any way you can pencil in preliminary details....... land-based / liveaboard / dates / pricing ?

Thanks,

Karl

We would do it as a liveaboard on Truk Odyssey if I can get the dates.

formerly...

#10 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

We would do it as a liveaboard on Truk Odyssey if I can get the dates.

I did this trip in 2002 on the Truk Aggressor. It was fabulous and I'd love to repeat it on the Odyssey. I'm very interested and will watch for the details.

Just a thought.....I personally would like to plan a few days in Hawaii on the way home (assuming that our flights will stop there). Any chance you might consider that as an option if the flights are worked into the trip?

Frankly, after a week of outstanding diving, time changes and jet lag from flying from Chuuk, to Guam then onto Hawaii... if someone told me I had to continue on with a flight to LA then onto Orlando.... I think I would have broken down in tears. The flights over seemed to just speed by, but I think the jet lag and week of fun had gotten to several of us. Fortunately we had opted check out the big island for a few days and had a great time.

P.S. I'd be happy to share pics from our trip with anyone that might be interested.

Edited by DiverBabs, 07 June 2007 - 07:34 PM.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#11 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:01 PM

Alright, by 2009 I can save up enough money and time off for this one, plus I really want to dive there so I'm very (extremely) interested in this one.

The Hawaii thing would be cool too, I haven't been there for a couple of years and I think some of my friends are going to be stationed there again.

#12 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

With the Thornfin on the reef and maybe a new wreck by the time we get there the prices will probably go up more as the availability of berths have gone down.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#13 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

With the Thornfin on the reef and maybe a new wreck by the time we get there the prices will probably go up more as the availability of berths have gone down.

What happened to the Thorfin? I hadn't heard....
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

They ran it up on the reef and now the gov. and owner are at odds on how it's going to get pulled off. I understand the used oil it uses to make steam has been pumped off to stop the leaking from the gash in the hull.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#15 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

They ran it up on the reef and now the gov. and owner are at odds on how it's going to get pulled off. I understand the used oil it uses to make steam has been pumped off to stop the leaking from the gash in the hull.

That's a bummer... you're right, the prices will likely jump. Here's a website with some pics if your interested... I did some digging.

http://wetpixel.com/...und-in-pohnpei/

and a page of pics attached. :unsure:

Attached Files

Edited by DiverBabs, 23 June 2007 - 09:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users