• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A broken heart?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

you mentioned bilateral strokes on your first post. Where these strokes the occlusive kind from bubbles in your blood that traveled to the brain or where they caused by the CSF (Cerospinal fluid) coming up from the spine and entering the cerbral ventricles/tonsils and blocking the drainage ducts in the brain?

Its ok i cant type tonight for some reason. let me rephrase the second sentence to make sense

Where these strokes the occlusive kind from bubbles in your blood that traveled to the brain and blocked vessels. Or were they bubbles in the CSF (Cerospinal fluid) coming up the spine and entering the cerbral ventricles/tonsils and blocking the drainage ducts in the brain?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#17 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Great to see you back, Kimber!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#18 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Hmmm,

what's a PFO?

I have an idea but I want to make sure I know what you mean

Simplistic terms ... a hole in the heart. Go to the site below to read more.

http://scuba-doc.com/pfo.htm

Thanks!

I thought it was something to do with the heart valves so this is excellent information!

We discussed this in a seminar I attended last night presented by our local DAN doc; (He's also the guy who runs the Would Healing Center and hyperbaric chambers here; specializes in undersea medicine).

His simplified explanation of a PFO is that it's a hole in the heart that allows a clot to form and pass from one side of the heart to the other and then basically you stroke. I think he said last night the stats were 20% of the population has one - I remember thinking 2 in 10.

Kimber Girl....get the test done, get the problem fixed and get on with it! You just pulled through Hell and came back to us; if anyone can handle the test results it's you.

If it's not a PFO, you need a good consult with a physician who specializes in undersea medicine. He/she will know which direction to point you next. The guy out here is named Rydzak (Stephen I think), and I'll just bet he could tell you who in your area might be able to help you find your cause if it's not the PFO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users