• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DOLPHIN MASSACRE

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 seafox

seafox

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:Inst for : Recreational, Technical and Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor, I never stop learning!
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

This is from another Forum

It is very graphic and very sad

"Those of you with a nervous or squeamish disposition, DON'T click on the link.

Those of you who thought you had seen human barbarity at it's worst, you may want to reconsider . . .

Of course those of us who see what they do sharks............But that's another very sad topic for another time!

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

There is a petition you can send to the prime minister of Japan:

http://www.PetitionO...e.com/golfinho/

Please send these links to everyone you can."

YES YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!

I am on my way to Grenada, I just had to get this out.

Cornel

Edited by seafox, 08 February 2007 - 12:47 PM.

Protect the SHARKS!

Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards!

#2 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

Cornel

consider it signed, i have a strong stomach but mine was rolling on seeing that.

Dan

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

There used to be an annual Dolphin massacre in Iceland too, not sure if that one is still going on or not.
It was by fishermen who sold to Gorton's so there was a boycott of their products and the parent company who made everything from Ragu to Medident toothpaste.

Speaking of boycotts, do you know Honduran lobster divers are getting bent and then fired so you can have small lobsters at Red Lobster?
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

I dont eat there as i have a different disagreement with the parent company of red lobster over customer service issues/habits at one of there other chains. that just adds to the the list

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#5 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

Couldn't watch very much of it. I signed the petition.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#6 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

I decided to not watch this and I signed the petition

#7 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:31 PM

This is truly sad. I am a commercial fisherman from the Carolinas, and behavior like this gives a bad name to the industry. Recently, the "Bottlenose Dolphin Reduction Act" has severely impacted commercial fishing in my area for beach seine and atlantic gillnet fisheries. Any interactions have been VERY isolated, with almost no mortality. The fact is, new legislation has put hardworking Americans out of jobs.
I highly encourage the diving community to participate in the preservation of the dolphin species. I, however, ask that you dont judge all of the commercial fishing community as a destructive element. I am always available for conversation.
steve

#8 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:22 PM

Just awful. When will the Japs get a grip? I went to Cocos Island and the boat that the rangers use to patrol broke down. Within hours the place was swarming with Japanese fishing boats. Unbelievable.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#9 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

I couldnt bring myself to watch this.
I did sign the petition.
We need to be a loud voice.

#10 Penguin

Penguin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:02 AM

I have a cast iron stomach but this video tested that history. It is, perhaps, the most gut wrenching video I have ever seen---at least the most disturbing I can immediately recall. It makes "Faces of Death" seem like a G-rated film. I'll be signing the petition.

I cannot believe the lack of respect and admiration for such a gentle, intelligent creature. I've never heard of this before. I think that perhaps this should be an issue for which, we as a group, take on as a cause. This is as bad as the Harp Seal issue.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users