• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Keowee Hot Hole Feb 17 trip report

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

Just go back home from meeting several wonderful divers out at the hot hole in Lake Keowee! We had 13 people on the boat and 11 of those diving in the water. I ended up having to sit out the dive since I got a sinus infection a few days ago. I so wanted to be in the water playing with my new gear and new Scuba Board friends, but it was my day to thumb the dive before I got in the water. So I played boat hostess. Hopefully I did a good enough job of that so that the divers will come dive again with me when I am in better health!

It was no contest in the SC/NC/GA battle of the bubbles. 9 folks from GA, 3 from SC and 1 from NC. Perhaps we will get a rematch in the future.

The air was cold and never got as warm as it was supposed to for the day. And, we saw snowflakes as we were pulling off the lake. The wind did not let up all day. Had the wind stopped, it would have been more bearable up top. The temps in the 30’s and the howling wind did not stop Rick Lockridge from wearing his shorts and sandles all day as he captained the boat. He did break down and put on a light windbreaker after while.

The water was in the 50’s and 60’s depending on where you were in the current. I will let the others tell you about the dive as I was up top for the festivities,

It was nice to meet some wonderful people from here on the board. I really hope it works out for us to dive again another day. Everyone was super and really soldiered through with the weather. Really a great group of folks. The only thing that would have made the day better was if I could have joined them in the water. ----Well, warmer air temps would have been nice too!

Thanks again everyone for coming. I really enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again. It was nice to share your company for an afternoon and I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Bill should be posting some pictures soon!

Perhaps we can do the hot hole again when the weather is warmer and then head over to Jocassee another day to pay a visit to Bones Family near the divers ramp!

Leah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users