• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Back from the 'Stan

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:22 AM

I just got back from a year in Afghanistan. It was everything I had hoped for, a great experience overall. SuperDave should be following right behind and I look forward to meeting him in person. Poseiden should be back in a couple months (He is very shy and hasn't introduced himself yet. Maybe he needs some encouragement :) ).

The only downer is that two non-combat injuries will keep me out of the water for about another month.

#2 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

Welcome Home. Glad your injuries were noncombative.
Sorry to hear I can't dive with you for another month. :unsure:
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#3 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

WECLOME HOME!!

Sounds like we need to plan return to the water dive day for Mr. Tony! GG and Tony, how does the weekend of March 31st/April 1st look to you? It's currently open on my teaching schedule. Tony, will you be able to dive by then? GG, are you in town or galavanting across the globe? Let me know and I'll start cooking something up. Can be a boat dive or a shore dive - whatever you think would be easiest and deisreable. Regardless of what we choose, apple goodness dessert is mandatary...:unsure:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#4 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

Great to have you back Tony! Sorry that you can't go diving for a while...

#5 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

:cool2: back, Tony! Glad you're safe.

#6 SuperDave

SuperDave

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:36 PM

Yo Tony!!!! Great to hear your back. :cool2:
I'm sitting in Ft. Hood for another two days then its all just a memory. Out processing is the worst part of this whole thing.

Dave

:-D
Member of Sikorsky Light Utility Taxi Service Kuwait

#7 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

welcome home and Thank You!
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#8 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:38 AM

WECLOME HOME!!

Sounds like we need to plan return to the water dive day for Mr. Tony! GG and Tony, how does the weekend of March 31st/April 1st look to you? It's currently open on my teaching schedule. Tony, will you be able to dive by then? GG, are you in town or galavanting across the globe? Let me know and I'll start cooking something up. Can be a boat dive or a shore dive - whatever you think would be easiest and deisreable. Regardless of what we choose, apple goodness dessert is mandatary...:teeth:

DG ~ I will be home that weekend.
Not galavanting across the globe till April 13th.. {then just a short trip to CANADA :diver: }
I already promised Tony "fresh" baked cookies.. I guess I will add your demand for apple goodness to the list.

Since this dive is to celebrate Tony's safe return. :cheerleader:
I think we need to let him pick the type of diving we will be doing.
Keeping my fingers crossed that being home will speed his recovery.
Should I start planning on another "midnight margarita" sleepover?

Tony ~ Let DG or I know what you want {if you are cleared to dive} we will do all the planning.
If we do another overnight at my place Bree says to make sure you bring Bandit and Sheba.

Edited by gis_gal, 23 February 2007 - 12:41 AM.

#9 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:30 AM

Welcome Home and Thank You for what you do for all of us!!!! :teeth:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#10 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:57 AM

Welcome back - and thanks so much.

DG promised you a trip, but she told me in a PM she might not come back from Palau - confessing that cold water is really not her thing, and that she is normal warm water wus, not a Nanuck of the North super diver.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#11 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:37 AM

Welcome back - and thanks so much.

DG promised you a trip, but she told me in a PM she might not come back from Palau - confessing that cold water is really not her thing, and that she is normal warm water wus, not a Nanuck of the North super diver.

Capn Jack! I thought what happens on the island stays on the island!? Oh wait, we're not there yet....not for a least ONE WEEK!! Who-hoo!! :respect:

OK back to reality, actually how does Hood Canal diving on March 24/25 sound instead of March 31/April 1? I am taking up some fun divers and might even have some overnight accomodations for lesser moola.... :mad:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#12 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:07 PM

I will have to make sure I have that weekend clear but it shouldn't be a big problem.
I would be up for a dive on the Hood. I haven't been over in a while.
Are you talking the yellow house or do you have some other facilities in mind?
As long as we are not "camping" in March I am game.
( I knew you weren't leaving me.. Can't have the DG & GG team if you're gone :respect: )

Much depends on Tony's healing abilities and the good doc giving him the OK to dive.

Edited by gis_gal, 26 February 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#13 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

Thank you all.

Nicolle and Colleen,
I don't think I'll be able to dive until early April :D but I would like to get together and maybe even watch bubbles once I get settled.

Dave,
How did you beat me back? Look me up when you get into Ft. Lewis.

#14 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Nicolle and Colleen,
I don't think I'll be able to dive until early April :-D but I would like to get together and maybe even watch bubbles once I get settled.

I wonder if a batch of warm cookies would help you heal faster. :D

Sorry to hear you have to sit out till at least early April.
Just make sure you are healed up completely.
I am looking forward to getting back in the water with you. :D

#15 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

Nicolle and Colleen,
I don't think I'll be able to dive until early April :welcome: but I would like to get together and maybe even watch bubbles once I get settled.

OK, we'll look to April. No tears! There is no crying in scuba...unless you are one of my students... :) I am looking to organize some dive in connection with Dive Into Earth Week that culminates April 28th/29th. We have a group going up that weekend, so there may be a housing option, but I won't know until closer to the time. It is typically not the Yellow House - it is often simply too expensive for our groups and too much of a gamble to reserve a weekend since the owner allows for no wiggle room in canceling. Bummer because I like the facilities. SO everyone look at your calendars and tell me home April 28th/29th looks.

Dave,
How did you beat me back? Look me up when you get into Ft. Lewis.

Dave!? You're going to be at Ft. Lewis?? When and how long!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users