• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DONE -Lost PM and topic subscription notifications

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:58 PM

I have been wondering about this for the last few weeks. Is there a problem with the site? I lost all my email PM and topic subscription notifications right before the site became inaccessible for a few hours about 2 weeks ago (during the Grenada trip). They have not been restored, even though I signed up again. Is anyone else having this problem?

DG

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:38 AM

I have been wondering about this for the last few weeks. Is there a problem with the site? I lost all my email PM and topic subscription notifications right before the site became inaccessible for a few hours about 2 weeks ago (during the Grenada trip). They have not been restored, even though I signed up again. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi DG,

Mine is fine, but you might want to send Tolly a note to look into it. It sounds like your account needs some tweaking.

Tolly@SingleDivers.com
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

Hi DG,

Mine is fine, but you might want to send Tolly a note to look into it. It sounds like your account needs some tweaking.

Tolly@SingleDivers.com

Thanks for the info. I emailed him when it first happened but never got a response. So I finally figured I would post and see if it was a widespread problem since it seems it is just me. Maybe I will try again.

#4 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for the info. I emailed him when it first happened but never got a response. So I finally figured I would post and see if it was a widespread problem since it seems it is just me. Maybe I will try again.

Tolly has additionally been alerted to this post specifically.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#5 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

Thanks D_G :cheerleader:

#6 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

Hi DiveGirl412,

I am glad we were able to get your PM notifications working again. I thought I would post how we fixed it for anyone else having the same problem.

All we did was change the email address on her profile to another, save it, then change it back to the original one, save it once more and that kick started the system into working.

To do this: If you look on the left side of the SD screen you will see Change Email Address. Click there and enter another email address. Save the change then put your first address back in and save the change once more. You will get a confirmation email sent to those addresses you need to access so make sure you can get into the new email address or you will be locked out.

If anyone else finds this still does not work and are using Hotmail, then check under "blocked addresses and domains" in Hotmail and ensure there are no singlediver.com email address blocked.

As always we are here to help if you have any technical issues, questions or problems. :P
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#7 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

Thanks a lot Simon. People might also want to check their email lists of "blocked addresses and domains". While I was troubleshooting, I did that too. I was surprised how many addresses that I had not knowingly put there were on the blocked/ unsafe list. I assume that could also cause problems

Rosa

Hi DiveGirl412,

I am glad we were able to get your PM notifications working again. I thought I would post how we fixed it for anyone else having the same problem.

All we did was change the email address on her profile to another, save it, then change it back to the original one, save it once more and that kick started the system into working.

To do this: If you look on the left side of the SD screen you will see Change Email Address. Click there and enter another email address. Save the change then put your first address back in and save the change once more. You will get a confirmation email sent to those addresses you need to access so make sure you can get into the new email address or you will be locked out.

As always we are here to help if you have any technical issues, questions or problems. :birthday:

#8 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

Thanks a lot Simon. People might also want to check their email lists of "blocked addresses and domains". While I was troubleshooting, I did that too. I was surprised how many addresses that I had not knowingly put there were on the blocked/ unsafe list. I assume that could also cause problems

Rosa

Good idea. If I block an address not on Aol by accident - which is easy to do, it goes to my spam folder for later review, but this may vary on different servers.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users