• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dutch Springs 4th of July Week

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

I thought MissOcean and Pir 8 lived in central NJ isnt that far from Dutch Springs?

Do either of you know a good hotel nearby if I do a weekend up there?

Pir8 are you NAUI or PADI? I tried emailing you both at username@singledivers.com but it bounced back

Looks like I will be there this weekend or next weekend.Possibly 25th too..Interested in all going for a dive?

I'll be there on Sunday, most likely. Teh best way to find me (and thereby the rest of the Sd divers there,) is to look for the guy with the flip-up fins. I walk to and from the water with my fins on and it's quite distint. As far as I know, these fins haven't gone on sale yet, so I'm the only one in the area with a set.

I will be in my normal spot. Top of the hill, student side. Closer to the Bathhouse. Unless somebody beats me to it.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#17 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

PIR8,

Do you have have an annual pass to Dutch Spring. Are you there every weekend or are just there alot?

#18 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

Moose thinks he's soooo cool....

I live in Central Jerz...it's about an hour and 20 to get there. Not bad. I'm not sure of hotels but I know people have stayed. You can always camp there if you're into that. Not sure If i'll be there this weekend :-\ Will hopefully be at the HH though sat!
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#19 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:41 PM

PIR8,

Do you have have an annual pass to Dutch Spring. Are you there every weekend or are just there alot?

I have an Instructors pass, I tend to be up there a lot when I have classes. Otherwise I try to get out on a boat.
I expect to be up there a lot this month.

#20 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:01 PM

I have been going over the dutch spring rules and u can't go solo or need to have a buddy before you get there?

Curious what exactly is solo certification since I thought only SDI offered that?

Anyway can I tag along with one of you guys (Pir8, Miss Ocean & Dad, Moose, anyone else) in mid-late Aug?

Btw do you guys ever camp there or am I better off in a hotel if I do a 2 day swing or night diving?

Edited by porsche060, 02 August 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#21 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

You can def dive with us! Not sure what to tell you about camping or staying over! It's up to you
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#22 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

how do i get in touch with all you as finding all of you in crowded dutch spring might be hard ?can you guys e-mail me at this name at aol?
once we get details done we could always post here so other if they want to join us can

I will join single divers soon, but waiting for a trip early next yr, so my membership fee will be rebate

#23 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

I have been going over the dutch spring rules and u can't go solo or need to have a buddy before you get there?

Curious what exactly is solo certification since I thought only SDI offered that?

Anyway can I tag along with one of you guys (Pir8, Miss Ocean & Dad, Moose, anyone else) in mid-late Aug?

Btw do you guys ever camp there or am I better off in a hotel if I do a 2 day swing or night diving?

Depends on what I'm doing if I can bring non students along. But I usually have enough other divers around my tables that I can get you a buddy to dive with. I'm expecting to camp the last weekend this month but we'll see.

#24 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:41 AM

I'm often hanging out at pir8's table looking for a buddy, so let me know when you are going.

I'm only about 20 mins from DS, so I never thought of camping there.

Hey, does anyone know if Dutch allows water scooters? I've got 2 that I'll have with me on Sunday and I wanted to take them out.

Thanks.

As for finding me there, (and I hope I'm not to "cool" for MissOcean) :lmao:

Here is a pic of the fins (and my gear) I will not have the aga mask however.

Oh, and if the water is above 55 degrees, I'll be the only guy with a 3 mil shorty on! :welcome:

Attached Images

• Moose_out_of_water.jpg

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#25 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Scooters are allowed at Dutch. They are supposed to be registered at the gate, doesn't always happen. And are only supposed to be used on the Pininsula side, again doesn't always happen. But they are good for exploring the outer reaches of the Quarry.

I'm often hanging out at pir8's table looking for a buddy, so let me know when you are going.

I'm only about 20 mins from DS, so I never thought of camping there.

Hey, does anyone know if Dutch allows water scooters? I've got 2 that I'll have with me on Sunday and I wanted to take them out.

Thanks.

As for finding me there, (and I hope I'm not to "cool" for MissOcean) :lmao:

Here is a pic of the fins (and my gear) I will not have the aga mask however.

Oh, and if the water is above 55 degrees, I'll be the only guy with a 3 mil shorty on! :welcome:

#26 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

[quote name='Moose' post='188682' date='Aug 1 2007, 11:07 AM']
[I walk to and from the water with my fins on and it's quite distint. As far as I know, these fins haven't gone on sale yet, so I'm the only one in the area with a set.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Nope, you are not the only one. One of my friends from NYC has yellow ones. She was weraring them when I dived with her at Dutch Springs in June. But I think nobody will mistake her as you. :usflag:

#27 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

You'll haveto come back up and dive with us Doris. Maybe this time we will be able to cross paths instead of the old "well, they're in the H2O now" routine.
[quote name='Ariesno1' date='Aug 3 2007, 02:09 PM' post='188980']
[quote name='Moose' post='188682' date='Aug 1 2007, 11:07 AM']
[I walk to and from the water with my fins on and it's quite distint. As far as I know, these fins haven't gone on sale yet, so I'm the only one in the area with a set.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Nope, you are not the only one. One of my friends from NYC has yellow ones. She was weraring them when I dived with her at Dutch Springs in June. But I think nobody will mistake her as you. :usflag:
[/quote]

#28 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

You'll haveto come back up and dive with us Doris. Maybe this time we will be able to cross paths instead of the old "well, they're in the H2O now" routine.

Yes, Bob, when I come to Dutch again, I'll make sure I find you. Should not be a problem since I know now how you look without your mask. :usflag:

#29 porsche060

porsche060

Getting started

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

pir8, moose, missocean, how do i get in touch with all you as finding all of you in crowded dutch spring might be hard ? can you guys e-mail me at this name at aol so it's easier to make plans?
once we get details done we could always post here so other if they want to join us can

just never been to dutch spring so not sure their set uo at all

#30 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

If you are coming this weekend I will be on the Student Side (go to the left when you enter Dutch) at the top of the hill near the bathhouse. I have an easyup with a blue top cover and I usually hang a "Divers Two" sign on it.

pir8, moose, missocean, how do i get in touch with all you as finding all of you in crowded dutch spring might be hard ? can you guys e-mail me at this name at aol so it's easier to make plans?

just never been to dutch spring so not sure their set uo at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users