• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Ever been to the Philippines for diving?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 divepanglao

divepanglao

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT - Instructor and teaching since 1997
  • Logged Dives:2,890

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

Hi,
I've been living here for almost 11 Years and diving since 95. I like Philippines most for diving. :welcome:
I've been exploring some incredible dive spots in the Philippines, including Puerto Galera, Boracay, Maniguin Island, Bohol, Moalboal.
Right now I'm staying in Bohol and dive here since 2003. Amazing dive spots around here and many divers from all around the world. I work here as an Instructor and invite you all to this fantastic Underwater World. I also can help you with finding your right accomodation here on Panglao Island. Now is our low season and not so many dive touris here on the island. I already miss my diving. This season is good for diving. Good visibility and many things to see down there. The water temperature is around 28 Celsius. It's warm for us and I dive still with a shorty.
My favourite dive spot here is Balicasag. You can see schools of Baracudas, Jacks, and Tunas. If you are lucky, you see a turtle and Manta's. Also for Macros Balicasag has to offer a lot. The water is clear and the visibility awesome. Sometimes more then 30 m.

I hope somebody will dive with me soon. :wavey:

See you ...

Edited by divepanglao, 04 July 2007 - 07:19 PM.

#2 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

:welcome: to SD, divepanglao! Great to have you on board!

#3 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

Hola and Welcome to Singledivers from Texas! Glad to have you aboard!! While I have not been personally, there is an SD trip headed to the Philippines later this year if that is in your time line!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#4 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

I was there this year and loved it.... saw something new on every dive... I'll definitely be going back...

#5 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

Welcome to SD!! Glad to have you! :P :D
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#6 NWdiver

NWdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI- DM
  • Logged Dives:in the 80's now

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

I was in Puerto Princesa, Palawan in April and loved it. So much so that I purchased land in town for a house (Need a place to put my dive gear!)

#7 divepanglao

divepanglao

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT - Instructor and teaching since 1997
  • Logged Dives:2,890

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

Thanks to all divers who wrote me here. I'm not leaving the Philippines this year. I have a family since 2005 and have to take care of them. So maybe I see one of you guys here in our high season.
He Casematic, your picture looks familiar to me. Maybe we dove together this year. :cool1:
Let me know if you like to come back. I can organize your accomodation and diving. :wavey:

Regards.....

Edited by divepanglao, 07 July 2007 - 07:26 PM.

#8 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:58 AM

Thanks to all divers who wrote me here. I'm not leaving the Philippines this year. I have a family since 2005 and have to take care of them. So maybe I see one of you guys here in our high season.
He Casematic, your picture looks familiar to me. Maybe we dove together this year. :birthday:
Let me know if you like to come back. I can organize your accomodation and diving. :birthday:

Regards.....

This year I was there from april 28 to may 11 .... Stayed at the Atlantis resort at peurto Galera ... It was great diving... I've been a few other places diving as well over the last 10 years, so it is possible that if it wasn't in the philippines, it was elsewhere. Seems that most of my travel revolves around scuba destinations... 2 or 3 trips a year .... maybe more... I've got a buddy that lives over in the philippines (we call him the scuba nazi), so I'm sure I'll be back again. I'll let you know. Thanks

KC

#9 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cert Level:cmas 3*
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

I agree with you about the great diving in the PI! I dived the wrecks of Coron in December and was hugely impressed by the viz, the quality of the diving and the diversity of the wrecks. The wreck course I did there was a pretty good one as well. I would highly recommend the Philippines as a dive destination!
WWW (Warm Water Wuss.....AND PROUD OF IT!!!)

#10 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

To date, my favorite place I have ever dived was Boracay. It was not only the diving but the dive op, the island and the overall atmosphere of the place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users