• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Cozumel Trip Report: January, 2004

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:50 PM

The "first-ever" singles trip from SingleDivers.com was a huge success. Everyone enjoyed the warm weather, crystal clear 81 degree water and the great marine life for which Cozumel is famous.

After our initial shore dives the first day to check out our gear and get the 'gills' wet again, we enjoyed daily two tank excursions to some of the more interesting sights the island has to offer. Whether drifting at 80 feet or trying to frame that elusive angel fish for a photo, our group always surfaced with a smile (and in some cases a joyous yell!).

We stayed at the Casa Del Mar and went diving with Del Mar Aquatics; a perfect choice for this diverse group of men and women that included doctors, finance and technical professionals, marketing directors, and many others. Cozumel offered relaxation, exhilaration, recreation, and certainly, awesome diving. While most participants didn't know each other at the start, we got to know each other fairly quickly with various "Meet and Greet" activities and other fun non-diving events held during the week. The food in Mexico was delicious and we had a blast trying Cozumel's numerous offerings in the 'comida' or food category!! Dinners became mini parties when 26 people all frequented a local establishment each evening and we even had people who saw all the fun we were having, join us for the balance of the trip! Of course after getting off to such a fun start for the evening...it was easy for some of us to continue having a great time at hotspots like Viva Mexico...Carlos and Charlies...Salsa Club...and Sr. Frog's. With equal numbers of men and women on the trip...everyone had a great time dancing as well as enjoying the balance of the evenings festivities including a birthday bash for 4 people who celebrated their birthdays on the trip!

We all had a love of scuba diving and it showed through after each dive. The more advanced divers provided great support and tips to other divers on the trip, while the newer divers gained experience in a new and different underwater environment. A number of divers completed diving certifications during the week picking up nitrox certs as well as many specialty certifications and a few completed their PADI Master Diver Certifications. During the week, we had an advanced boat and novice boat...however, many divers opted to alternate boats to either see that boat's diving destination on a particular day or to buddy up with new friends. All in all, whether you were diving or not, everyone seemed to be having an awesome vacation!

For some, the highlight of the trip was the excursion to Punta Sir to dive "devil's throat" and for many it was the fabulous dive on day four with the eagle rays. For others, the opportunity to explore Cozumel's first real shipwreck, and subsequent first wreck dive for many divers, proved too tempting to ignore. The wind was a bit choppy one day and a few folks decided to adventure around the island checking out Bob Marley's place rather then venture out on the boat. I think it was a toss up as to who had a better time...I guess you had to be there as both groups argued their day was 'tops'!

One thing was unanimous, no one wanted the trip to come to an end and everyone wanted to know "when can we get together and do this again?" I know I had a great trip and I'm thankful that there are so many options available for me and other single divers. Not only are these trips economical...but I can't tell you the last time I dove with so many other single divers let alone ALL single divers! I'm looking forward to the next trip soon!

Thanks SingleDivers.com

Scott D. Jones
Dive Scoop

#2 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 09 March 2004 - 01:16 PM

I can't agree with you more on how great the trip was and how much fun it was to meet others who have a great desire and love to dive. Granted I was very and still am very new to the sport, but after this trip my desire to learn more and dive more was definatly heightened.

I've never explored the option of going on a trip before on my own without knowing all the individuals ahead of time, but the group of people who did go were all so great and friendly that I didn't even feel the least bit uncomfortable at any time.

Thank you Single Divers for a great trip and I look forward to signing up for another one of your trips in the future!! :twist:

#3 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

Group trips like this are lots of fun. I'm sorry I wasn't able to join all y'all in Coz.

Thanks for the great report. I wish I'd been there!

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users