• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Colorado's FIRST SD Happy Hour September 21st! 6-9pm

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

The First SD Happy Hour will be in Denver at Lodo's downtown It will be on the Patio from 6-9pm on September 21st. The address is 1946 Market Street about a block from Coors Field.

http://www.lodosbarandgrill.com/

We will at least some appetizers provided.

Thanks

George

Attire: I would like to encourage everyone to wear something pirate-y or tropical. I probably will have a good prize for the best outfit of one joint or both categories. Will know better after I get the goodies from Little Mermaid this weekend.

Who's Attending!

1. George aka georoc01 (co-organizer)
2. Fred aka ev780 (should be there no problem)
3. Aquapup (co-organizer)
4. Tim aka tim murray
5. Bob aka Bonus
6. WW and Little Mermaid via Philippines (need someone's celfone...we are going to try and call in!)
7. Michael aka Neptuner
8. Tiffany aka Ms~Taylor
9. Jana aka Jana_Rae
10. Carla aka rkymtwy
11. Kbear
12. Lynn aka Herefishyfishy

Edited by ScubaPunk, 20 September 2007 - 08:29 AM.

#2 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:06 PM

If I didn't have my daughter starting that friday, I'd show.
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#3 Bonus

Bonus

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

I'll be there...

Bob

#4 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:8

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

My thanks to George for posting this...I haven't been too on the ball with my Roatan evacuation & all! :welcome:

We should have a few goodies for giveaways/prizes. I will try to come up with some fun little contests, etc.

Though the event will officially be scheduled from 6-9, I will be there by 5, so feel free to come by straight from work downtown if that is your area!

I would like to encourage everyone to wear something pirate-y or tropical. I probably will have a good prize for the best outfit of one joint or both categories. Will know better after I get the goodies from Little Mermaid this weekend. :welcome:

Also: I think this would be a great opportunity to expand our membership to those who might not know about SD...so let your social groups, etc. know!

Religion is a smile on a dog...

...and SeaDog is my copilot.

Live, Love, and Pet something furry that gives good kisses.

#5 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

I'm planning to attend too.

#6 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:05 PM

If you are planning to attend, please post a quick note here to that effect, so we have some idea how many will be coming. Thanks!!

#7 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

Probably. I need to make a schedule adjustment but it should be no problem.

Fred
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

Cool! We'll keep the first post updated for you all so you can keep track! Hopefully you were able to send the details to Tolly@singledivers.com so he could try and shoot an email out to the known CO members that we have! :cool1:

Of course I wish I could be there...but I'll raist a toast to you all at the appropriate time from the Philippines! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

I'll be right there with Wreck Wench toasting you from the Philippines!!! What is the time difference??
Kathy

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hey everyone...Little Mermaid and I are going to try and call in...please send her a couple of celfone numbers so we have a contact point or two!

Also I just updated the first post with who is going and the attire etc. Making a SD sign helps people find you...or wearing your SD shirt George will help. Not sure I can get a goodie bag there in time for the co-organizers but I will try. I have George's addy so will send to him if I can get them out the door before our trip in a few days.

And the mods will help to keep your thread updated! I hope you all have a blast and this will be the first of MANY!!! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

I already have at least 4 additional people from some other social groups I've notified planning to attend...thus we will be expanding our ranks!!

Alas, I was booted from a Meetup group for posting info on this, no warning, no nothing. Just a nasty "NO posting outside events on MY site," even though the site was for so-called adventurous singles (wouldn't that probably include a bunch of single divers?) and it wasn't really a commercial posting, but a social networking one...ah well, the price we pay. And no, there were no posted guidelines about not doing what I did. :s

I am creating a flyer as well that you can ask your local dive shops to post, if they are willing. Eh, moderators...a little help on how to get this out to people via the site??

As for recognizing me, I haven't decided whether I'm going pirate or tropical in dress, but rest assured, either way it will stand out. :wakawaka: Perhaps I will be a flower-pirate LOL. :o

#12 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

I already have at least 4 additional people from some other social groups I've notified planning to attend...thus we will be expanding our ranks!!

Alas, I was booted from a Meetup group for posting info on this, no warning, no nothing. Just a nasty "NO posting outside events on MY site," even though the site was for so-called adventurous singles (wouldn't that probably include a bunch of single divers?) and it wasn't really a commercial posting, but a social networking one...ah well, the price we pay. And no, there were no posted guidelines about not doing what I did. :s

I am creating a flyer as well that you can ask your local dive shops to post, if they are willing. Eh, moderators...a little help on how to get this out to people via the site??

As for recognizing me, I haven't decided whether I'm going pirate or tropical in dress, but rest assured, either way it will stand out. :wakawaka: Perhaps I will be a flower-pirate LOL. :o

Pirate dress does it for me!!!
Go figure
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#13 hiiqmule

hiiqmule

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

I'll have to join you for the next one! Going to be out of town that weekend - [size=7][size=5]

#14 hiiqmule

hiiqmule

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

I'll have to join you for the next one! Going to be out of town that weekend -

#15 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

Howdy Neighbors!
The bad news is, I didn't quite get the Phillipines trip worked out, but the good news is... I can come to our first ever HH! I should be able to make Friday at this moment and will probably bring a guest or two. One question though, is this a club or a restaurant? Reason being is my daughter is an SD member as well, but not quite 21 yet, so I'm wondering what the rules are as far as age. Any thoughts?

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users