• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Pre-great white shark dive trip happy hour

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

Calling all San Diego single divers..... planning a pre-trip happy hour in Point Loma. Come and meet our visiting divers and network with locals...

Where: Miguel's Cocina
Miguel's Cocina Webpage
Point Loma
2912 Shelter Island Drive

When: Sunday evening, Oct 7th, approximately 4pm.

This is about a quarter of a mile from the Ramada limited at 1403 Rosecrans St, so should be easily accessible to all visitors.

Total Est. Time: 1 minute, Total Est. Distance: 0.28 miles

Maneuvers Distance Maps
1: Start out going SOUTHWEST on ROSECRANS ST / CA-209 toward FENELON ST. 0.2 miles
2: Turn LEFT onto SHELTER ISLAND DR. <0.1 miles
3: End at 2912 Shelter Island Dr
San Diego, CA 92106-2740, US

Please post and let me know who will be coming, so I can finalize numbers and make arrangements with the restaurant.

Rosa

#2 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

Calling all San Diego single divers..... planning a pre-trip happy hour in Point Loma. Come and meet our visiting divers and network with locals...

Miguel's Cocina Webpage
Point Loma

This is about a quarter of a mile from the Ramada limited at 1403 Rosecrans St, so should be easily accessible to all visitors.

Maneuvers Distance Maps
1: Start out going SOUTHWEST on ROSECRANS ST / CA-209 toward FENELON ST. 0.2 miles

Please post and let me know who will be coming, so I can finalize numbers and make arrangements with the restaurant.

Rosa

Oh of course I plan to be there...

1. Rosa
2. William
3. BrockSanDiego

Edited by ScubaPunk, 19 September 2007 - 04:45 AM.

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:52 AM

I wish you had posted this before I bought my airline ticket for the 8th.! :flower:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 adam12diver

adam12diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Miguel's Cocina Webpage
Point Loma

Maneuvers Distance Maps

Rosa

We are flying in on the 8th. I will have to wait to meet you on the boat. Sorry I wont be able to make it.

#5 WRW

WRW

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water with NITROX
  • Logged Dives:121

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Rosa,

Please count me in to attend the pre-trip happy hour at Miguel’s Cocina their food looks very good. Thank you for setting this outing up for the SingleDivers family, it’s really appreciated. I’m looking forward to meeting the San Diego group, I just hope there’s no trimmers while I’m out there – LOL. Also, please keep in mind if you and any others can join me in going to the San Diego Zoo sometime that weekend that would be great. See you soon.

Sincerely,

William Roy Williams (WRW)
\m/ "Ain't no, ain't no yesterdays, forget tomorrow, forget it all, We've got today" \m/ - Zakk Wylde

#6 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:30 PM

I will send out some emails to some San Diego members and see if we can drum up some people to join you.

#7 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

I will send out some emails to some San Diego members and see if we can drum up some people to join you.

Cool. Thanks Sandy. That would be great.

Ray and Adam, don't worry, I think we can squeeze in a few drinks at dinner before the coach leaves for Ensenada on Monday. I just figured that if we were trying to get a San Diego group together, Sunday would be best for most rather than Monday. We can do whatever suits us.. great feeling huh. Quite frankly, given the dismal response a few years ago when we tried this, I won't be surprised if we don't have a great showing. There is just too much else to distract people.

As of now I have

1. Rosa
2. William

hopefully more to come!!!

#8 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

I'll be in Phoenix the weekend before visiting friends and flying in Monday morning so won't be able to make the HH.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#9 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

I'll be in Phoenix the weekend before visiting friends and flying in Monday morning so won't be able to make the HH.

I kind of figured that out. Well, I guess the group may get together for dinner before boarding the coach. And we will certainly have a good time on the trip.

Of course as always, I am overwhelmed by the outpourings and response from the San Diego crowd. :cheerleader:
Figured I would try, since all the other regions seem to do so well :cheerleader: Guess we have too much to distract us in these parts!!!

#10 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:13 PM

At least the SD area has you
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#11 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:07 AM

At least the SD area has you

Pir8, that is so nice of you to say that. But then I already knew that you were that kind of guy!!! :cheerleader:

Edited by Divegirl412, 22 September 2007 - 01:10 AM.

#12 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:23 AM

One of these days I have to get back out there. Haven't been there since I was stationed there in 85. Ship was actually on Coronodo cause we didn't want to go under the bridge unless it was low tide.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#13 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

One of these days I have to get back out there. Haven't been there since I was stationed there in 85. Ship was actually on Coronodo cause we didn't want to go under the bridge unless it was low tide.

Which ship were you on? A carrier, I presume? I was on the USS Cape Cod.. of course that was way after 1985!!! :D

#14 BrockSanDiego

BrockSanDiego

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:75

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

Miguel's Cocina Webpage
Point Loma

Maneuvers Distance Maps

Rosa

Sorry, I won't be able to make it.

#15 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:05 PM

Miguel's Cocina Webpage
Point Loma

Maneuvers Distance Maps

Rosa

Sorry, I won't be able to make it.

Hi Brock,

Welcome to SD.com. Maybe we will be able to plan another San Diego event soon.

Rosa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users