• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Houston Blue Lagoon

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

I'm heading to Blue Lagoon on Saturday. Be there around 10:00 - 11:00 am. Anyone and everyone are welcome to join me! :cheerleader:

Blue Lagoon: Blue Lagoon

#2 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

I'm heading to Blue Lagoon on Saturday. Be there around 10:00 - 11:00 am. Anyone and everyone are welcome to join me! :diver:

By looking at the site..........you have to pay to dive?? :tears: :tears: :tears: You must be a die hard diver for sure :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Is it common there to pay to dive? :banghead:

Edited by madlobster, 19 September 2007 - 05:37 PM.

"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

I'm heading to Blue Lagoon on Saturday. Be there around 10:00 - 11:00 am. Anyone and everyone are welcome to join me! :diver:

By looking at the site..........you have to pay to dive?? :tears: :tears: :tears: You must be a die hard diver for sure :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Is it common there to pay to dive? :banghead:

Unfortunately it is very common around here to pay to dive. In fact, I can't think of any time in my entire life of diving that I have not paid to dive. So don't tell me about how you dive for free out there on the east coast. Let me live in my make believe world where everyone pays to dive so I don't feel like I'm being totally ripped off! :taz:

#4 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

Unfortunately it is very common around here to pay to dive. In fact, I can't think of any time in my entire life of diving that I have not paid to dive. So don't tell me about how you dive for free out there on the east coast. Let me live in my make believe world where everyone pays to dive so I don't feel like I'm being totally ripped off! :taz:

Wesites out here also. have our pay to dive
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#5 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

We also. have our pay to dive sites out here
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#6 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

I can certainly respect a private land and business owner to want to profit enough to cover his liability insurance.

Be sure to patronize "Air Phil" there. He and his family have taken over the tank fill and accessories shack. He is a great guy and is really working hard to make Blue a Full Service dive location again.

Air Phils Web Site Click Here
Signature under construction :)

#7 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

I'm heading to Blue Lagoon on Saturday. Be there around 10:00 - 11:00 am. Anyone and everyone are welcome to join me! :cheerleader:

Oh, it's a DIVE SITE. Silly me, I thought it was a bar at first. I thought that was a little early in the day to be partying.

Hey, y'all need to move up here, lot's of shore dive sites, and only one is a pay site.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#8 madlobster

madlobster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Ummmmm ok I won't tell you. WOW! You have to come up here at least once, I'll even catch you a lobster if you do. Then after the dive you can buy me a drink or two with the money you saved :teeth: If it makes you feel better you can buy the gas too :cool1: All of the shore dives are free here, you'd pay for boat dives of course.
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users