• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NY/NJ/Pa Dec HH

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

Well in our previous months thread we have kinda decided on Princeton for our next HH with a Mexican Theme. I forget the actual restaurant right now but I'm sure I will be reminde shortly. Now we need to come up with a date?
Any suggestions???

OK so we're doing Princeton December 22nd and NYC in January
We will meet at the Mexican Restaurant Chevy's located in the Mercer Mall off Rt 1 at 7 PM

So who is going?

Ain't No Way I'm Missn This Un
1) Bob aka pir8
2) Drew aka ScubaDrew
3) Ellen aka Fairybasslet
4) Eric aka Moose w/SO
5) Carol aka Sassi
6) Barb aka 1scubadiver
7) Monte aka BubbleBoy
8)
9)

Sorry Maybe Next Time
1) Robin aka secretsea18
2) Bob aka Fordan

Definite Maybe
1) Ray aka Latitude Adjustment
2)

Edited by pir8, 17 December 2007 - 08:00 AM.

Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#2 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

Well in our previous months thread we have kinda decided on Princeton for our next HH with a Mexican Theme. I forget the actual restaurant right now but I'm sure I will be reminde shortly. Now we need to come up with a date?
Any suggestions???

How about a date that we can all make it? :cheerleader:

For me, Dec is open EXCEPT 14-16th. (note, I dont' get back from Hondoras until Dec 2nd)

So lets start talking about the 8th for the date. How does that work?
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#3 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:42 PM

I'll be in Australia from 12/1 - 12/17

Edited by Fairybasslet, 19 November 2007 - 12:43 PM.

#4 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

So the 8th is great! :cheerleader:
Moose

#5 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:48 PM

So the 8th is great! :taz:

:cheerleader: :cool1:

#6 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Hmm, I know it is close to Xmas, but everyone might need a let their hair down night with all the preperations, how about the 22nd?
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#7 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

Hmm, I know it is close to Xmas, but everyone might need a let their hair down night with all the preperations, how about the 22nd?

I personally love this date! :cheerleader: I might even let my hair down :thankyou:

#8 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

I think I can do the 22nd but need to check my book first before I truly commit.

#9 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

I'll be in Colorado from Dec 4-14.
Maybe we need to have 2 HHs? One in Princeton and one in NYC? NYC is better for me.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#10 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:23 AM

I think I can do the 22nd but need to check my book first before I truly commit.

The 22nd is great for me as well. So, it's starting to look like 22nd, in Princeton. lets say 8pm?

As for letting your hair down, it seems that if I'm not there, you guys stay in line. I'll make sure to change that!
Moose

#11 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

The 22nd is great for me as well. So, it's starting to look like 22nd, in Princeton. lets say 8pm?

Glad to see you have stepped up to the plate to be the new self-appointed HH coordinator. Heidi, Drew and I salute you. :diver:

Seriously Moose, Pir8 said he had to check his book first, there seems to be some disagreement about location, and I really would hate to just ignore the feelings of some long-time members like Robin and Heidi. Drew has volunteered his services through Kamala as a HH coordinator so please let's not jump the gun as to time and place so quickly. :cool1:

#12 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

Glad to see you have stepped up to the plate to be the new self-appointed HH coordinator. Heidi, Drew and I salute you. :diver:

Seriously Moose, Pir8 said he had to check his book first, there seems to be some disagreement about location, and I really would hate to just ignore the feelings of some long-time members like Robin and Heidi. Drew has volunteered his services through Kamala as a HH coordinator so please let's not jump the gun as to time and place so quickly. :cool1:

Nothing to stop us from having 2 HH's, its just as difficult for the Southern tier to come North as for the Northern Bloc to head South

#13 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

Excuse me? I was under the impression that if we want a HH, we set up a date and have one. Not everyone has to go to everyone of them. And I was totally unaware that only a select few people could call them. Even funnier is that all the people calling it for the entire state of NJ only endorse them in NYC.

It is totally clear that many more people want Princeton then NYC. Besides, we are a NJ contingent. Are you saying that we aren't allow to decide where we can have our own HHs? That NJ people can ONLY have them in NYC to make it easy for the 2 people that come from there?

Besides, I'm jonesing for a HH. I'm sorry I had to miss the last one and I wanted to see if we can get another going. I've got less than 7 months to pack in all my social activites to last me until June 09.

I was at last years "NYC Holiday HH" and it was a total mess. People couldn't find each other. We got stuck in a bus. Ended up having to walk forever to meet up with people so we could stand, elbow to elbow in a packed plaza to pretend to be able to see a tree, that quite frankly was completely disappointing in person.

I will not attend another HH in NYC. I feel that the places there are way to crowded for us to gather and chat. Besides, it cost most NJ people at least $60-$80 to attend, just for parking, tolls, gas, etc. While if the 2 people in NYC take a train, it costs them about $10.

If you haven't noticed, the NJ people are more active (and numerous) and THAT is why we have all the HHs here. If NYC people want to have them, then call them and have them.
Moose

#14 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:45 AM

Ok, I threw together a quick poll to see what people are interested in. Posting here might get confusing and we'll have to go back and count votes and whatnot. Check it out here and vote!
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#15 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:02 AM

Well, actually Moose, Heidi was the HH coordinator, then I volunteered to help her, and then Drew volunteered to help us out this week, especially with PR.

If you want to volunteer to help us, please let Kamala know so she can add you to her PMs.

I wasn't at the HH in NYC because my son was in a car accident, but I know we also had one for the Sharkwater film that turned out fine.

Perhaps formally splitting them up might not be a bad idea, but that is up to Kamala since she runs the place.

BTW, I would prefer an earlier start time since I am an old fart and like to be in bed before the bar closes.

Edited by Fairybasslet, 20 November 2007 - 09:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users