• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Shadragon - On The Move...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Please note that on Monday I will be starting a new job. This is the one I was talking about on the Bahamas trip. Met with two VP's the day after I got back and got an offer 15 minutes after the interview had ended. It is with a decent sized company and an incredible opportunity. I am hitting the ground running with many IT projects right out if the gate. I went in Thursday and met my staff and am looking forward to getting into the job. I will be commuting over an hour each way and that will certainly cut into my time here until I can get a house closer to work. Given my recent luck in house hunting that is still many weeks away. :D I have two more on my list to see and an appointment with a custom home builder as a potential Plan "B".

I am still going to be involved with the board, but you may see less of me for the next while and probably a longer delay in any communications as a result. It will also cut into my diving as well, but that is the price you pay with a new position, at least in the short term. They are in the process of expanding into the US so there is a good chance I will be doing more travel in the eastern states over the coming years. :wub:

Still, don't hesitate to contact me if you are having any issues with the board. That is what I am here for. :cheerleader:

Have a great weekend... :wub:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

Please note that on Monday I will be starting a new job. This is the one I was talking about on the Bahamas trip. Met with two VP's the day after I got back and got an offer 15 minutes after the interview had ended. It is with a decent sized company and an incredible opportunity. I am hitting the ground running with many IT projects right out if the gate. I went in Thursday and met my staff and am looking forward to getting into the job. I will be commuting over an hour each way and that will certainly cut into my time here until I can get a house closer to work. Given my recent luck in house hunting that is still many weeks away. :cheerleader: I have two more on my list to see and an appointment with a custom home builder as a potential Plan "B".

I am still going to be involved with the board, but you may see less of me for the next while and probably a longer delay in any communications as a result. It will also cut into my diving as well, but that is the price you pay with a new position, at least in the short term. They are in the process of expanding into the US so there is a good chance I will be doing more travel in the eastern states over the coming years. :D

Still, don't hesitate to contact me if you are having any issues with the board. That is what I am here for. :birthday:

Have a great weekend... :wub:

:wub: Congrats on the new job Simon!! Hope it's a great move for you. Good luck on the househunting too - you'll find something soon.
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#3 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hey congrats on the new job! :wub:

Having moved 3 times in the past 7 years, I've always found the finding a house part the hardest piece. Good luck in your search. :wub:

#4 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

:wub: :wub: Congrats! :D :cheerleader:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#5 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:55 AM

Congrats Shadragon! If you'd like to trade, shoot me a PM!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#6 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

:diver: :P Congratulations on your new job! :sleepy: Best wishes on the house hunting. I'm sure something perfect will surface and cut your commute short in no time! :birthday:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#7 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Good luck on the new job!!! I have to drive an hour to work myself, but I don't see myself moving. I don't usually have traffic issues and I love where I live. Something will work out for you I'm sure. Just try to relax and enjoy the ride until then!!! :diver:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#8 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

Congratulations on the new job! You sounded like you were pretty confident down in the Bahamas, and looks like you were right!

And I discussed this with someone down on the Bahamas trip; can't remember if it was you or not, so I'll repeat it... When I had an hour commute, getting audiobooks from Audible.com to listen to kept the drive a fair bit less boring.

(Then there was a period when I had a 2+ hour commute, and the audiobooks kept me sane enough to avoid purchasing automatic weaponry to slag the cars in my way.)

#9 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

(Then there was a period when I had a 2+ hour commute, and the audiobooks kept me sane enough to avoid purchasing automatic weaponry to slag the cars in my way.)

Yup, it was me... OK, I will see if I can return the Uzi and pick up some audiobooks... :diver:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#10 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Congratulations Simon! They are lucky to have you, and so are we! :D

#11 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level: padi safe diver-nitrox -cave---prefer spearfishing
  • Logged Dives:3-400-?

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

KEEP the UZI it will help at the tool booths :P :P good luck :D

#12 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:51 PM

Simon -- after our last bonding experience, if I come to visit you it won't feel right if we don't share the same bedroom. Separate beds of course, otherwise that would just be weird. :D
Signature under construction :)

#13 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

We would not want that Squiddy... :thankyou:

Well, I am commuting each day 2+ hours and it does not leave a lot of time in my day for writing. Sorry if I am not quite as vocal as usual. Am still looking for a house and hope to grab something soon.

Great job though. No complaints about that at all. :thankyou:

#14 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

Well, I am commuting each day 2+ hours and it does not leave a lot of time in my day for writing. Sorry if I am not quite as vocal as usual. Am still looking for a house and hope to grab something soon.

Great job though. No complaints about that at all. :cheerleader:

:cheerleader: Congratulations Simon- glad the new job is going so well.Sorry about the commute - hope you find somewhere soon. No fun being in limbo. have a great weekend!
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#15 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

We would not want that Squiddy... :-D

Great job though. No complaints about that at all. :P

I'm glad the new job is going well.... :-D Hopefully you will be able to move close by sometime soon.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users