• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A call to all, a NORTH FLA/SO EASTERN HH/DOM

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level: padi safe diver-nitrox -cave---prefer spearfishing
  • Logged Dives:3-400-?

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

LET's show'em how its done,,,,, CALLING ALL, DIVERS :hiya: in no and so/Fl, GA, AL, or anyone who wants to dive NO Fla springs or coastal areas. ITS TIME WE PLAN THE HH?DOM FOR 2008, AND lets see if we can set the standard for HH and DIVES OF THE MONTH ,LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS BALL ROLLING,,,, Perone...sunshinediver,,,diverdeb,,,,,,,, scubadad,,,,,,,Travelgirl,,,,,, Divezac ,,,,,,,,THE TIME HAS COME Lets not wait BBQ FOOD DIVING LIBATIONS and what ever we can plan, OH BY THE WAY YES I'M CRAZY ABOUT THIS STATE I'M IN :cool2: ,,,,,as well as The SD GROUP :cool1: !!!!!!! DAVID :cheerleader: LET'S SEE WHAT THE SOUTH CAN DO,,,,,,,, YEA HAAAAAAAA......

#2 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

Sounds good to me!!! :cheerleader:

I'll make the trip from Birmingham to the northern Florida area. Maybe we can get Diverdeb to host a group in Pensacola, which is an easy drive for me. Or with enough notice, I could fly futher south.

Edited by Bubbles, 01 February 2008 - 04:48 PM.

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#3 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

:cheerleader: Sounds good to me! I could use a road trip! :lmao: .......I'll need a sweater, and a wetsuit..... ok...Got it!
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#4 easterndiver

easterndiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

New to SD and in the Treasure Coast of Fl.(Melbourne to Vero Beach) looking for local divers that need a Dive Buddy or willing to take me diving local, showing some good spots. Lets chat and set something up thanks. Alan

#5 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

Count me IN!!! :thankyou: Let's figure out where everyone wants to do this and get it planned! I'll go anywhere (ok, maybe I should put some parameters on the comment . . . nah). Bottomtime, I love your enthusiasm :) Let me know how I can help.

Suggestions for timeframe and location??????? Let's hear your preferences for when/where.

I want to go :wakawaka: :birthday: :dance: :dance: :diver: :diver: :diver: !!!!!!!!!!!!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#6 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Bubbles, Divezac and Diverdeb...
It's nice to hear from positive people who want to dive, as for me I try dive every Fri. in one of the local springs, I was just looking to see if we can plan a day or weekend that we can maybe dive several locations in the area, and plan a HH that, can bring in divers from allover,

as for my choice,? I need to look at time and distance as my requirements, unless I make detailed arrangements, since I operate a animal rescue w/my wife and we have 60+ animals so if I leave for extended time I must plan well because when I'm gone she must do double work, so I try to make it as easy as ,,, I can work out a weekend w/o much static... :wakawaka: so thats why I'm looking to see if we can plan one or more weekends that will offer many a choice :dance:

,,, anyone so of Orlando is only 2-3 hrs from some good coastal dives south, the panhandle has alot to offer to many from Al and GA ,, NO/FLA is a divers dream and can offer many choices from spring to coastal diving 1-2 hr away, we also have many river areas that offer artifacts also. tha is within reach of many divers all over the South not just caves,,,,,BLA BLAH,, :birthday:

so LETS PICK A SPOT,,and see what and who can and when .If I had to choose I'd dive in my backyard which I consider Ocala North, East n West coast to the Fla line, so lets see what's a doo,,able choice for all TALK TO ME AND LETS BRAIN STROM A,,,, :thankyou:

yes ramblings of a mad man :)

#7 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

Hey! :cheerleader: I've never been diving in any springs! can I come too!! :cheerleader: :banghead:

#8 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hey! :cheerleader: I've never been diving in any springs! can I come too!! :banghead: :cool1:

It's just crystal clear water at a constant 72'degrees, great for diving any time of the year,,,,,,,,,and YES YOU"RE and EVERY DIVER HERE ARE WELCOME TO JOIN ,,,,,what else would you expect to find in a Florida Spring but ........ a fl mermaid :cheerleader:... lets get the ball rolling,,,,,,, :-D

Edited by bottomtime, 03 February 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#9 jholley309

jholley309

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

Boy. That sounds..exhuberant. :respect:

Well, Augusta isn't exactly right up the road like Macon was, but still within semi-comfortable driving distance (the Dive Wagon is kind of a gas hog) of Gennie, Devil's Den, and Vortex. PCB/St. Andrews would be very cool; still haven't managed to make it there yet. Rainbow near Crystal River is a pretty cool drift dive, too. I'm still in the midst of a circumstance-enforced extended surface interval, but hey...I gotta get back in the water sometime, ya know? :flirt: Just gotta unpack the dive bag...

And as soon as I introduce myself at the LDS, I'll be assessing the possibilities at Clarks Hill/Strom Thurmond Lake here, too...

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#10 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

yes a rambling mad man :cheerleader: .. I'm diving friday, some where local ...I still would like to see if we can get together a Large group of SD'ers for a fun week-end -ish, time some where up here or ???????,{I have a hard time with long trips because of the animals, NOT WHINING BUT REALITY} we could bring in from so fla, ga, ala and anyone who wants to dive NO Fla,,,, so Its a open floor,,,, chime in when ever,,,,,,, thanks and good diving :cool1: :cheerleader:

#11 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

I could might have my arm twisted depending on location. I'll keep looking for details from you, maybe some of us from south/central could carpool.

#12 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

I just got back from Cave Country. So, I have to clean up some odds and ends before I will be ready to make another trip back up to North Florida. I should be ready soon though.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#13 Stephanie

Stephanie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:29

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

Hey All!! I'm in Jacksonville!! I have dove Devil's Den (My favorite of the caves so far!)... Blue Grotto, Paradise Springs, and Rainbow River. I'm diving Vortex Springs and Morrison Springs this weekend. I'm all for a happy hour around here and plan some :lmao: ! Let me know when!!! :-D

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

Anything planned in SE Florida for July around the time us out of towners will be passing through from the Dry Tortugas trip?
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#15 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hey All!! I'm in Jacksonville!! I have dove Devil's Den (My favorite of the caves so far!)... Blue Grotto, Paradise Springs, and Rainbow River. I'm diving Vortex Springs and Morrison Springs this weekend. I'm all for a happy hour around here and plan some :diver: ! Let me know when!!! :)

Stephanie,

I don't think you'll be able to dive at Morrison's this weekend. My latest info is that is it still closed for "renovations." If you check it out and find out differently, let me know. But I don't think it's not going to be open again for a few months.

Wish I could join you but I'll be on the boat this weekend. You should scoot on over to Pensacola and dive the "O" with us on Saturday!! It's only another 1 1/2 hours west!!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users