• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Blue Hole, New mexico

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

Hello all, looks like I will have the chance to dive Blue Hole, New Mexico on Saturday. Look for the giant green truck with the white trailer. I plan on hitting the water by about 8am but will have all day if any one can join me. Hope to see some of you there. Will be on March 22, 2008

Keith

Edited by KeithT4U, 20 March 2008 - 11:55 AM.

If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#2 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hello all, looks like I will have the chance to dive Blue Hole, New Mexico on Saturday. Look for the giant green truck with the white trailer. I plan on hitting the water by about 8am but will have all day if any one can join me. Hope to see some of you there. Will be on March 22, 2008

Keith

Hey what part of Calif are you from. Also what are you doing in New Mexcio? I wish I could make it I live in Albuquerque now but Iam from Cypress, Ca. Are you here for a time or just passing by?

#3 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

:welcome: Welcome to SD! Sorry I won't be near New Mexico this weekend. check out the SD trips - plenty to dream about for the future. Meantime enjoy the board and your diving. :diver: :wavey:
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#4 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

Keith

Hey what part of Calif are you from. Also what are you doing in New Mexcio? I wish I could make it I live in Albuquerque now but Iam from Cypress, Ca. Are you here for a time or just passing by?

I am "from" Sacramento, CA but drive truck all around the country. Just passing through on this trip. Thought I would get wet.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#5 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:21 AM

62 degree water year 'round, usually clear unless the bottom gets stirred up, 84 ft deep if the spillway is up all the way, 4,600 ft altitude - call it 5,000, dived it a few times. The showers are usually pretty warm if you get chilled.

The local fill shack is ran by Stella: Ph 505-472-3370

Permit required, altho rarely enforced. You can visit the Visitors Center on Friday: Ph 505-472-3446 The permit request form can be printed out at http://www.santarosa...scubadiving.htm so you can fill it out and turn it in with your money - $8 maybe, if the guy is there to collect. All the times we've dived it over 7 years, I have never seen him nor heard of any problems. Pretty good hospital 1/2 mile away.

If I was going, I'd call Stella to ensure that she was going to be there and ask if there anything going on? They do have an long term development plan but I don't know where they are on it. Also check your O-rings closely when you get a tank.

have fun
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#6 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:32 AM

Keith

I am "from" Sacramento, CA but drive truck all around the country. Just passing through on this trip. Thought I would get wet.

Let me know next time you come by. I dive blue hole and the lake (right) by there. The lake has a plane, car and others things at the bottom and is fun to dive. So next time I will take you there.

#7 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

This is the 2nd best backyard dive location I have been to with Lake Tahoe being #1. Any one passing by should stop and take a dip in the pool.

#8 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

This is the 2nd best backyard dive location I have been to with Lake Tahoe being #1. Any one passing by should stop and take a dip in the pool.

I take it that all went well. Glad to hear. Yeah, we enjoy it for what it is...

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#9 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

Sounds like such fun!!!!!! : :welcome: Wish I could make it.

Edited by sudsymark, 23 March 2008 - 07:08 PM.

In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#10 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Sounds like such fun!!!!!! : :welcome: Wish I could make it.

Oh you have better diving there at Blue Lagoon, except our viz is usually better - if there was anything to see. Santa Rosa is a good, deep practice spring....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users