• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hey Guys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1Scubadiver

1Scubadiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor-long ago
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Sorry it took so long to join in the post trip fun,
On Monday I was hit by the dreaded snorkelers disease, Bad Bad upper respiratory infection!! :welcome: :diver: Think it had something to do with "surge snorkeling" Glad it held off till I got home!
Since things got "rushed" at the airport I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone. What a great group!

As you may have known, this trip was very important to me. I went on it because I thought that being able to see THOSE WHALE SHARKS :fish: :fish: would get me over not being able to dive any more. I truthfully never thought that snorkeling itself would ever make me feel like I was "really" in the water again.(You know, looking down on the reef from a distance, limited colors, no playing with the critters, etc) Well, I'm happy to say that I was wrong, with your patience the boat was able to select sites for the 2nd & 3rd & 4th dives where, in many places, the reefs came up nearly to the surface. I was able to be inthe reef, playing with crabs, turtles, octopus, puffer fish etc. I could swim through the sea fans & corals. I had my own schools of blue tangs & grunts, etc. I was in the reefs again!!! I have been very very lucky & so grateful for the way things worked out.( Thank You Kamala) I look forward to seeing you all again soon.
By the way.. that cheap Nicaraguan rum is $42/ bottle back here in the states, turns out its one of the only authentic aged dark rums out there, no wonder it was so good! Wish I had grabbed some of it in my mad rush to get on the plane in SAP.
Well no doubt, we'll find some more local goodies on trips to come.
Now all I have to do is learn to hold my breath again so I can get some good pictures! Until then thanks for all the great pictures & videos,,,,and oh yeh, I will find those whale sharks eventually.
Much Love, Barb R :wavey: :cool1: :hugs:

#2 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:59 AM

Hi Barb!

Glad to hear you had such a great experience, I know it was important to you. Life is what you make it, and you are the kind of person that makes it wonderful. :welcome: Maybe you should look up Trace and take a free diving course! I know he could help you maximize your snorkeling experience. Send him a pm. :diver:

You'll find those whalesharks eventually, don't give up (I know you won't - obviously).

Debbie
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users