• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FL Spring diving April 19-20

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 salth20diver

salth20diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:527

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

We are planning a quick weekend trip to FL for some much needed diving

We will be leaving around 0800 in Saturday (19 April) and arrive at Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Devil’s Den or some comparable spring to dive that afternoon( have not quite figured out where exactly) . After the Spring, we will go to Crystal River for the night. We will be staying at the Port Hotel and Marina (www.porthotelandmarina.com) and then drift dive Rainbow River on Sunday, 20 April with American Pro Diving (www.americanprodiving.com).. After the dive, lunch, and head back North.

Let me if your interested

Mark

#2 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

We are planning a quick weekend trip to FL for some much needed diving

We will be leaving around 0800 in Saturday (19 April) and arrive at Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Devil’s Den or some comparable spring to dive that afternoon( have not quite figured out where exactly) . After the Spring, we will go to Crystal River for the night. We will be staying at the Port Hotel and Marina (www.porthotelandmarina.com) and then drift dive Rainbow River on Sunday, 20 April with American Pro Diving (www.americanprodiving.com).. After the dive, lunch, and head back North.

Let me if your interested

Mark

Looking at my current teaching schedule, I'll probably have a class of O/W students in Devil's Den on the 19th. If you decide to do the Den... let me know.

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#3 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

Hello!! If I'm not mistaken that is the weekend of Oceanfest in FLL at which a number of SD's are planning to attend and meet for a HH. Sorry that I'll miss you. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

#4 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hello!! If I'm not mistaken that is the weekend of Oceanfest in FLL at which a number of SD's are planning to attend and meet for a HH. Sorry that I'll miss you. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Sounds like I might have to bolt from Williston to Ft Lauderdale... I don't want to miss the HH.

Now, I've been fussing about the way they have the class/dive schedule... (Too much! Too fast!) Maybe I can delay the diving by a week.
:teeth:

#5 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

I have been wanting to go to the Springs to try some things out...however, Keys and Oceanfest/HH will trump Springs any day for me!!

#6 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

I have been wanting to go to the Springs to try some things out...however, Keys and Oceanfest/HH will trump Springs any day for me!!

I started campaigning for Lake Denton today. That's much closer to Ft Lauderdale than Williston. Class starts on the 14th...

#7 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

I'm assuming that these are all North Florida dive spots? I'd love to go but the timing is bad for me. Can you tell me some other good northern spots? I'd love to go sometime ...so keep me posted on your next trip.

#8 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hey There Fl Mermaid, Ginnie and Devil's Den are around he Gainsville North Ocala area. For you it would be Turnpike to I-75.....

#9 bottomtime

bottomtime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level: padi safe diver-nitrox -cave---prefer spearfishing
  • Logged Dives:3-400-?

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Anytime any one wants to dive :lmao: nfl springs drop a line and date and I'll try to make it work as they are in my back yard more or less :teeth: I try to dive fridays as its very quiet most of the time and relaxing :respect: always looking for a reason to play hookie,,,,

#10 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:43 AM

That's a deal! It would be nice to see some "new" spots

#11 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

I just looked up "Lake Denton, Florida" on google maps and looked at the aerial view. I had never heard of Lake Denton.

Lake Denton is near the Avon Park bombing range; so I wonder.... is it a coincidence that all the lakes in this area are nearly perfectly circular ?

#12 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

I just looked up "Lake Denton, Florida" on google maps and looked at the aerial view. I had never heard of Lake Denton.

Lake Denton is near the Avon Park bombing range; so I wonder.... is it a coincidence that all the lakes in this area are nearly perfectly circular ?

Maybe all the lakes were from bomb that missed the range.

I'll be there tomorrow to check it out. I haven't been there since the residents mutinied against the divers and closed it down. We can now get in at Lake Denton Camp... I'm not sure if they're limiting it to classes only or what... but, I do have to take them my insurance paperwork and a copy of my Instructor card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users